• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Three cheers for TW

Take it from this guy... He knows what BAD support is all about (and so do most other former CoD enthousiasts).
And yes I fully agree, Tripwire doesn't hide behind NDA's or fishy contracts. It kinda shows that RO was/is more a hobby then a real commercial enterprise.
Live support on Irc, quick support on this forum and they even manage to get a real grip on things when another developer screws up (ZoneAlarm anyone?) and don't shy away by plainly saying "Well it's not our problem, tough luck sonny boy..."

3x Cheers for Tripwire :D:D:D

Upvote 0
Hur-rah
Hur-rah
Hur-rah

...to Tripwire and Redorchestra!

:)

No doubt ... the CoD2 patch was ... *worthless* ... 6 months to get 2 'new' circle twitch maps and PunkBuster ... 6 months too late. The XBox 360 can have its game ... but it won't(I hope) get RoO.

[CiA]Stiletto said:

CCA ... CoD Community Action
http://www.iwnation.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=17450 (72 pages, 1779 posts)

Upvote 0
Ahaaa.. the Tripwire guys are doing a GREAT job of supporting their game and interacting with the community BUT..in all fairness..

It is a LOT easier to interact with a few thousand people than a few hundred thousand people AND , when Tripwire becomes a multi national conglomorate with 10 or 15 games under it's belt believe me..

these guys are gonna be hiring PR people to look after everything while they hop around the planet in their Lear jets hob knobbing with the rich and famous , partying in all the Carribean resorts the rest of us can only read about and arguing over who has the biggest and fastest yacht.

We will then become....

Annoying little twerps who keep posting in these forums wondering where the tech support went..:D

Upvote 0
[CoFR]BeerHunter said:
It is a LOT easier to interact with a few thousand people than a few hundred thousand people

In all fairness, a LOT more than a few thousand poeple have bought this game ;) It definitely gets harder the more fans you have to keep a personal relationship with the community. But also if you have millions of games sold, then you should be able to afford INCREDIBLE tech support. I can't imagine waiting 6 months to do a patch even as small as we are, and if we had more money/more programmers patches would come even faster.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words :)

Upvote 0
[CoFR]BeerHunter said:
Ahaaa.. the Tripwire guys are doing a GREAT job of supporting their game and interacting with the community BUT..in all fairness..

It is a LOT easier to interact with a few thousand people than a few hundred thousand people AND , when Tripwire becomes a multi national conglomorate with 10 or 15 games under it's belt believe me..

these guys are gonna be hiring PR people to look after everything while they hop around the planet in their Lear jets hob knobbing with the rich and famous , partying in all the Carribean resorts the rest of us can only read about and arguing over who has the biggest and fastest yacht.

We will then become....

Annoying little twerps who keep posting in these forums wondering where the tech support went..:D
Unfortunately, you are most likely right

Upvote 0
Gotta hand it to the TW guys, they have got it right. This game is so good and beats other FPS out there.

Just downloaded the COD2 patch and thought I would give it a go. A complete waste of a download and drive space. Nothing was fixed and IW are one big joke. COD2 now uninstalled from my system and will be up for sale on Ebay soon.

Upvote 0
[CoFR]BeerHunter said:

We will then become....

Well, just because they have a large community and can't get to know the players as intimately as TW knows us(on so many levels as well ;)), doesn't mean they wait 6 monthes to release a patch. The lack of support is crazy, considering it was pretty much common knowledge that COD2 was being exploited and hacked to all hell.

I find your lack of faith in TW disturbing...

/me puts you on the list

Upvote 0
BobCobb said:
I find your lack of faith in TW disturbing...

/me puts you on the list

lmao, that sounds like one scary list!!! Is it for your hate mail propoganda? :p

IW have NO excuse for such a triumphant failure, 6 months only to get the same features into CoD2 we were used to in CoDv1 over a 1.5 years ago, is craziness!!! Its obvious as soon as the game was released, the team was committed to their next product (CoD3 rumoured to be a modern combat game)...and no doubt another xbox360 title.

TWs support is NOT affected by the number of people who have bought the game at all, and as Ramm said it should have made it better for IW to support their product selling so many compies...it just shows you where their priorities were...which is why the CCA (Cod Community Action) thing started, we tried to demonstrate to IW with a mass protest how upset we were by striking and renaming all servers for one day to WE SUPPORT CCA...over 20% of the CoD servers were closed - as i suspected at the time tho, it didn't do any good whatsoever.

Playing CoD2 now is like going backwards, RO offers much more depth.

Upvote 0
DirtyRat said:
l
IW have NO excuse for such a triumphant failure, 6 months only to get the same features into CoD2 we were used to in CoDv1 over a 1.5 years ago, is craziness!!! Its obvious as soon as the game was released, the team was committed to their next product (CoD3 rumoured to be a modern combat game)...and no doubt another xbox360 title.

Playing CoD2 now is like going backwards, RO offers much more depth.
I've been checking all the insanity at IWnation COD2 forums (mainly cause I used to play original COD years ago). And I must say in my opinion Infinity Ward are either: Lazy, stupid, retarded, greedy or any combination of the four.

Upvote 0
Don't give IW such a hard time. Their CoD2 patch for PC was ready a long time ago. Unfortunately, Microsoft MADE them sign a contract ENSURING that any patch that is released must be released for both Xbox 360 and PC. Hence, the Xbox 360 patch that took so much longer than the PC one dragged the time out for months.

At the same time, spit on them for signing a stupid contract like that :D

Upvote 0