• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Anyone from West Virginia?

[5.SS]Strother said:
Hey I'm from Hampshire County, West Virginia and I was wondering if anyone here is also from West Virginia. I only know one person that plays RO and he is my friend who lives in town. I figure there are at least a few people in the entire state that purchased the game.
West Virginia? Puh-leeze! You never should have broken away from us; big mistake. :p

I'm from Harrisonburg, Virginia. While I don't personally know anybody who plays RO, there is a member on these forums (CurlyDave is his name) that lives here in Harrisonburg, too.

Upvote 0
Well, I'm not from West Virginia (I'm from Texas! No matter where I live...) but I do have roots there. My dad was born in Bim and grew up in Wharton, both in Boone County. Most of my family worked for the mines (big surprise), but my dad broke away after he joined the US Army Air Corps. I still have an aunt and uncle who live in Beckley.

Upvote 0
[5.SS]Strother said:
Most people around here don't play games, let alone RO, they mostly take care of their cows, and put rebel flags all over their 15 foot raised trucks.

Sounds like where I grew up and lived the majority of my life. In South Alabama. Lemme guess, the guys up there eat, breathe, and sleep deer hunting too...

I moved to Kentucky 3 years ago.

...which led me to this conclusion.

The only difference between rednecks and hillbillys is altitude! LOL.

Upvote 0
Yeah, but personally I'm a deer hunter as well, but the thing that seperates myself from the hicks is that I don't

A. Drink beer while I hunt
B. Shoot everything that moves
C. Trespass onto other peoples property
D. Road hunt
E. Spotlight deer at night and shoot them along the roads and cut off their horns and leave the deer
F. I don't bag the deer up in a garbage bag and throw it into the woods beside the road after taking its horns

F actually happened beside my house a few years ago. Some asshole had a deer stuffed in a garbage bag and he tossed it beside the road into the woods, after a while it smelled really bad and my grandmother (who lives nearby) called the cops and they found it was just a deer.

I especially hate some rednecks at my school, some of them are related to me and I know them and are great guys/girls, but others are completely ignorant and do not accept the ideas of others, such as emo, goths, and blacks. And at the end of the school day they go out to the parking lot and form up and jump around on the back of their 1980 POS truck and honk their Dukes of Hazard horn, yeah like thats real cool and original :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Sounds just like home... LOL.

Funny how there are these pockets of backwards thinking folks in different places of the country. Its not just the South either, you will find it all over.

When I say that about deer hunting, I realize there are hunters who do it the right way. But for every one of them, there are 10 that do the things you mentioned.

Hunting for horns is just sickening.

I know plenty of people who hunt for the meat. I know one guy who is like Ted Nugent or something. His family eats venison most of the time. He has like 6 freezers and tries to fill them each hunting season. Nothing wrong with that IMO. This guy is not poor or needy or anything either, he just likes the wild game on his plate. His wife can tell you 1001 ways to prepare venison...literally! LOL.
I have seen people waste animals the same way you expained. Cut off the horns, rip out the tenderloin, then throw the carcass in the woods. My dad and I used to find that all the time when I was a kid.

Upvote 0