• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Cant install game

vicestan

Apr 10, 2006
Hey guys, I just got the game from bestbuy but when I got home and tried to install it, it tries to install on drive /:C automaticaly. I'm running 2 WD raptors in raid and for some reason my computer see's my hardrives as :/E, and there is no option to change the install location in the setup menu. Now am I not seeing something? or did some genius in programing decided not to add that option. Either way I would apreciate any help. Thanks, Stan.

Well I would say give it a go and see what happens if it doesn't work U can alwasy take it off. I wuold try to use the cd key that came with your game to activate it through steam that would be under the game tab. I mean what's the worst that can happen it doesn't work and u can not play the game J/K I hope U guys can get it running the community needs more players

Upvote 0
I am afraid so. BestBuy will not accept opened software, so I am stuck with it. You can either get upset or take it philosophically. Mine is on shelf and will not be installed until a real and comprehensive patch is issued by TW. There are too many other bugs affecting this game with a true potential for a serious computer malfunction. 30 bugs is just not worth the hassle of crashes, reinstalls and repairs. Next time I will read more forum posts before buying any game. Lesson learnt, that's all. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Well 30 dollars spent is not that bad. How long should we expect to wait for a patch to fix this? I mean is this company like EA games, where people grow gray hair before they get a patch out. I seen the official company guy post replys on other threads but not here :mad:,. I mean honestly I would like to play this game but if I cant install it in the upcoming future then shouldn't we be getting refunds??. This is the first game I buy from this company and already I feel like bf2 is bug free compared to this game so this will definatly influence me as far as getting any other games from this company.

Upvote 0
As a pure aside - have you spoken to Destineer's support about this one? They should be the first port of call for this - they created the installer and if a patch is needed, they'll probably be the ones to create it. We will happily host it, obviously. Or am I being dense and this is a Steam issue? Can you install other Steam games to different drives?

Upvote 0