• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 Winter Beta is Live! Read the Changelog here.

kf2xmas2022polardistresscapsulemain.png

KF2 Christmas2022 Beta
To opt into this beta on Steam, join the "preview" branch available in the Beta drop-down list. Admins will need to use the following SteamCMD flag:
  • app_update 232130 -beta preview

To opt into this beta on EGS, the Beta will be accessible within KF2 owners’ game libraries as a separate install called “Killing Floor 2 Beta”. Users may need to restart their EGS launcher for the Beta to populate and be accessible to install. Progress for stats and inventory is shared between both versions on EGS so for users switching between Beta and Live be sure to sync your game data to use the latest timestamp to prevent any lost progress from participating in the Beta. The Beta on EGS also includes its dedicated server within the install folder for your hosting needs for this version.

Special Note: You may find that this beta is a bit less polished than normal. This beta build has some known issues to the new content that is already being addressed, but the team is prioritizing the opportunity to gather and react to player feedback over delaying the beta. With the tight timing in mind, we are planning on only 1 beta stage ahead of the final release. Feedback from beta will be included into the final release. However, some changes and fixes may not make it into the final release and there will be opportunity for more fixes and changes after the holidays. Please see the Known Issues section for more details.

Event
Polar Distress
  • A Horzine cargo train traveling through the English countryside has crashed at an industrial plant, starting a Zed outbreak in the area. Be sure to dispose of the threat and secure the cargo in this new map called Crash. By the way, choosing Perk is sometimes a difficult decision, but it won’t be in the new Weekly Mode, Perk Roulette, in which every wave you will play as a different perk randomly assigned. But don’t worry, because you can still choose our two new HRG weapons just created by Horzine Research Group: the HRG Ballistic Bouncer for the Support and the HRG Medic Missile for the Field Medic. Check them out and show the Zeds what you are made of!
  • Beta Start 11/17/2022, (Date is subject to change)

New Additions and Highlights
  • 1 New Community Map
    • Crash
      crashmapprev02.jpg
      • Compatible with Survival, Weekly, VS and Endless Game Modes.
      • An industrial plant where a Horzine cargo train has crashed.
  • 1 New Weekly Mode
    • Perk Roulette
      perkrouletteingameame.PNG
      • Players start with a random perk.
      • At the start of Trader Time between waves, a new perk is randomly assigned.
      • Zed spawns are modified.
      • More dosh per kill is granted.
      • Length: 7 waves.
  • 4 New Weapons
    • HRG Ballistic Bouncer for the Support
      hrgballisticbouncer.png
      • An alternative version of the Mine Reconstructor for the Support perk.
      • A tier 3 weapon that charges up rubberized ballistic gel that bludgeons Zeds on impact and bounces rapidly around the environment with high knockdown power.
      • Holding down the fire button loads the projectile with more force.
      • Trader price is 900 Dosh.
    • HRG Medic Missile for the Field Medic
      hrgmedicmissle.png
      • An alternative version of the RPG-7 for the Field Medic perk.
      • A tier 4 rocket launcher whose projectiles create a healing gas explosion on impact.
      • Trader price is 1600 Dosh.
    • Zed Eradication Device MKIII for the Demolitionist (Not available for purchase individually during BETA)
      zedmkiiistandardbeautyender.png
      • This is a paid DLC weapon. This weapon can be shared amongst players through our weapon-sharing system.
      • A tier 5 heavy weapon that fires a continuous stream of energy rounds while launching swarm auto target rockets at set intervals during automatic fire.
      • Comes with the same tracking radar as the MKI.
      • Trader price is 2000 Dosh.
    • HV Storm Cannon for the Sharpshooter (Not available for purchase individually during BETA)
      hvstormcannonstandardbeautyrender.png
      • This is a paid DLC weapon. This weapon can be shared amongst players through our weapon-sharing system.
      • A tier 4 rifle that fires a charged electric shot.
      • Headshots spread an electric lightning to other nearby Zeds in domino fashion.
      • Trader price is 1400 Dosh.
  • New Steam Achievements
    • Crash related achievements
  • Time-limited Objectives, Tickets, and Cosmetics (Not available during BETA)
    • Seasonal objectives related to Crash
    • Complete all seasonal objectives to earn the Train Conductor Backpack
    • Christmas Prize Tickets
    • Christmas Golden Prize Tickets
  • Zedconomy (Not available for purchase during BETA)
    • ZED MKIII Weapon Bundle
    • HV Storm Cannon Weapon Bundle
    • Polar Distress Weapon Bundle
    • Train Conductor Outfit Bundle
  • Premium Christmas Ticket Bundles come in three sets of tiers:
    • Bronze - 5 Premium Seasonal Tickets
    • Silver - 10 Premium Seasonal Tickets and 1 Bonus Golden Seasonal Ticket
    • Gold - 20 Premium Seasonal Tickets and a 3 Bonus Golden Seasonal Tickets
  • Retro Gamer Weapon Skin Bundle Pack
  • Tacticool Weapon Skin Bundle Pack
  • Medieval Weapon Skin Bundle Pack
  • Chameleon MKIII Weapon Skin Bundle Pack

Beta for this update contains a lot of exciting new features! As such, feedback is going to be incredibly important. Stay tuned for a link to a survey where you, the community, will be able to provide your feedback directly to us! Thank you!

Addressed Community Feedback
As mentioned in the 2021 Killing Floor 2 ‘State of the Game’ our goal is to bring to the community a continued stream of QOL changes for each update throughout the year. Please continue to report any QOL changes you believe should be added to the game by submitting your feedback in the ‘general’ section on our official forums at: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forum/killing-floor-2

General
  • Option to disable enemy seasonal skins, only active during seasonal skin periods:
    • Added option in the HUD for “Create a Match” and “Solo Game”.
    • Server Admins can use the command: ?AllowSeasonalSkins=0 to enable Seasonal Skins or ?AllowSeasonalSkins=1 to disable Seasonal Skins when creating a Server.
    • Added icon for Server Details.
    • Added filter in the Server Browser.
  • New order rules in the Cosmetics and Crafting items sections in the inventory:
    • Items will be grouped in categories by outfit, type or skin variation.
    • Rarity is also accounted.

Balance
  • Weapons
    • Gravity Imploder
      • Equip Speed from 1.3 seconds to 0.5 seconds.
      • Fire Interval from 1.33 seconds to 1 second (which means from 45 RPM to 60 RPM).
    • Doshinegun
      • Damage per hit increased from 60 to 80.
      • Trader price decreased from 600 to 400.
      • Dosh cost per shot decreased from 20 to 10 (which means full magazine cost decreased from 400 to 200).
    • HRG Beluga Beat
      • Remove need of pre-activating alt-fire.
      • Alt-fire Fire Interval adjusted to 0.75 (80 RPM).
      • Magazine size decreased from 12 to 10.
      • Spare ammo decreased from 96 to 90.

Designer Notes:
Many players have requested the option to disable Seasonal Skins during Seasonal Skin periods. In order to do this, we have added an option to create a match without Seasonal Skins, for both online and offline sessions. This also means that, when finding a match, players can enter a session with Seasonal Skins enabled or not, depending on which option was selected by the creator of the match.
We have added a new icon to the Server details to show if a server from the Server browser has Seasonal Skins or not. Players can also use a filter to disable all servers with Seasonal Skins.
We have improved the order for the Cosmetic and Crafting items sections in the inventory, as we did in the Tidal Terror update with the Weapon Skin section. Now, Cosmetics will be grouped regarding outfits and skin variants, as well as rarity. In the Crafting section, the grouping will be: all Cosmetic Material together, all Weapon Skins Material and all items together, as wall as ordered by rarity. Tickets will be in this order: Cyberpunk, Summer Sideshow, Halloween Treat and Christmas Treat.
Finally, regarding balance, we have made tweaks in three weapons always keeping in mind your feedback:
Gravity Imploder was a slow weapon, but now it will be more agile since the equip speed is faster and the fire interval between shots is reduced.
Doshinegun damage was low and dosh cost for using it was very high, so we have increased the damage a bit and reduced the dosh needed per shot. And, if this were not enough, we also have decreased its price in the Trader.
HRG Beluga Beat is a powerful and effective weapon, but the alt-fire was not very comfortable to use. To improve this, we have changed the way in which the alt-fire is used, and now it doesn’t require to be pre-activated before a shot. You can shoot directly using the alt-fire button, as many other weapons do. Because of this change, we had to adjust the alt-fire, to make it different from the main fire. This alt-fire change will improve the effectiveness of the weapon, so, in order to not make it too overpowered, we have adjusted the ammo amount a bit, but not too much.

Known Issues
Mercs, due to timing, this update is going out into first beta with some major known issues with the new content. These items are already being addressed, but we are prioritizing player feedback on the content and changes in this build over delaying the beta and having less time to react to player feedback.

Weapons
  • HRG Ballistic Bouncer
    • Projectile changes position in 1p and 3p after being fired.
  • Zed Eradication Device MKIII
    • The radar is not showing Zeds
    • Multiple clipping issues during the 3p reload animations.
    • Multiple clipping issues during the 3p bash attack animation.
    • Iron sights are off-center.
  • HV Storm Cannon
    • Animation issues with hand placement when moving into and out of ADS.
    • Multiple clipping issues during the 3p reload animations.
    • Multiple clipping issues during the 3p bash attack animation.
    • Multiple clipping issues during the 3p idle animation.
    • Extra magazine visible in 3p at the end of the reload animation.

Map
  • Crash
    • Pathing issue for Large Zeds in the Office Main Floor.
    • Multiple ambient sounds are not audible throughout the map.
    • Fires disappear as players approach them throughout the map.

Bug Fixes

Also mentioned in the 2021 Killing Floor 2 ‘State of the Game’ our goal is to bring to the community a continued stream of community-reported bug fixes for each update throughout the year. Please continue to report any bugs you discover by visiting our official forums at: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forum/killing-floor-2 and posting in the ‘PC’ or ‘Console’ sections.

Weapons
  • Mine Reconstructor
    • Fixed an issue where the screen shake caused by nearby exploding projectiles was more intense than intended.
    • Fixed an issue where the bash attack would not play its SFX.
    • Fixed some animation issues with the bash attack.
    • Fixed an issue where the visuals for the liquid in the cartridge did not align with the rounds left after aborting reloading.
    • Fixed an issue where the ammo container would shake during the reload animation.
  • G36C Assault Rifle
    • Improved elite reloading animations to reduce clipping.

Skills
  • Fixed an issue where the Demolitionists Fragmentation Rounds skill would apply twice to thrown grenades.

Maps
  • The Rig
    • Fixed an issue where kismet warnings were being sent to the chat.
  • Barmwich
    • Fixed an issue where the waypoint from the Blue Plaza to the various SYG zones would not appear.
    • Fixed an issue where light rays were being projected onto the walls in the tavern area with no visible sources of light.
  • Dystopia 2029
    • Fixed floor seams across multiple areas to remove them and prevent dropped weapons from falling through.

As always, thank you for your continued support!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Psyk0tik
You are probably already working on this, but the ballistic bouncer sometimes doesn't inflict any damage? Rubber balls just delfect off zeds. Sometimes it shoots backwards? I literally don't know whats going on when i use it and i die quickly. Sometimes i don't know if im even shooting. Same goes for zed mk 3, it just feels like gun doesn't even shoot, projectiles are barely visible, i don't see them clearly, as well as rockets. Really confusing visually

Upvote 0
You are probably already working on this, but the ballistic bouncer sometimes doesn't inflict any damage? Rubber balls just delfect off zeds. Sometimes it shoots backwards? I literally don't know whats going on when i use it and i die quickly. Sometimes i don't know if im even shooting. Same goes for zed mk 3, it just feels like gun doesn't even shoot, projectiles are barely visible, i don't see them clearly, as well as rockets. Really confusing visually
Do you have any video of this happening and can you drop it in bug reports if you haven't?

Upvote 0
The Storm Cannon currently:
  • applies EMP
  • stuns around 3rd or 4th shot for all takedowns without Ballistic Shock, and yes, that includes Fleshpounds
  • kills both Scrakes and FPs with 6 headshots assuming no prior ReU stacks (mag size of 8)
  • flinchlocks raged Fleshpounds with each shot and slows them down as a result
    • please tell me this is some sort of bug, because good lord
  • hits nearby enemies with a lightning blast like Matriarch's Tesla Blast on decap
  • one-shots Husks and below
The only current thing not in its favor is that it's not hitscan, but the projectile is one of the faster ones in the game so that doesn't really matter as much.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The HRG Medic Missile needs some kind of buff in terms of healing. Its current damage stats are okay for a Medic weapon (but obviously terrible for an RPG), but the player should still have a way to heal others even when they run out of rockets, like adding an alt-fire mode to shoot darts but make the recharge time longer than other weapons. With how it currently is, there's no advantage to using it over weapons like the HRG Incision, Hemogoblin, and HRG Healthrower, which all have alt-fire darts that don't require ammo.

One way to buff it is to apply 3 stacks of buffs with 1 rocket and make it fully heal the target - this goes inline with the idea that it's supposed to do sudden bursts of healing since there's no lingering gas after the explosion, it takes longer to reload than other weapons, and you can only load 1 rocket at a time. You can keep the arming distance since it seems to be a way to balance the weapon in terms of preventing Medics from healing themselves and easily getting out of tight spots.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Still no Locust and Resilience nerf. Booooo.
And that's absolutely baffling. The ridiculous power of the Locust has been the main topic of the past few months, and probably the only one where the whole community agrees something needs to be done ☠️

The HRG Medic Missile needs some kind of buff in terms of healing. Its current damage stats are okay for a Medic weapon (but obviously terrible for an RPG), but the player should still have a way to heal others even when they run out of rockets, like adding an alt-fire mode to shoot darts but make the recharge time longer than other weapons. With how it currently is, there's no advantage to using it over weapons like the HRG Incision, Hemogoblin, and HRG Healthrower, which all have alt-fire darts that don't require ammo.

One way to buff it is to apply 3 stacks of buffs with 1 rocket and make it fully heal the target - this goes inline with the idea that it's supposed to do sudden bursts of healing since there's no lingering gas after the explosion, it takes longer to reload than other weapons, and you can only load 1 rocket at a time. You can keep the arming distance since it seems to be a way to balance the weapon in terms of preventing Medics from healing themselves and easily getting out of tight spots.

I don't know man... Multiple medic weapons don't have any "unlimited" way to guarantee healing. The Hemoclobber, HMtech-501 and Mine Reconstructor are good examples of that.

From the get-go, I thought the Medic Missile would be a quirky weapon to use. It's very difficult to make it a primary weapon, and while it works for the demo (considering its job is mostly to get rid of tough opponents quickly), a medic that's meant to support its team will have a bad time with such a gun. It fires a single rocket before reloading... Except its role is NOT to kill big zeds, so it really feels underwhelming as a result. Sure, it could AT LEAST provide great healing to make up for it... But that's yet another topic that's hard to tackle : if it heals too much in too wide of an area, it's basically a "get-out-of-jail-free" card whenever things get tough. But if it's too weak (as you mentioned), why would you pick it up in the first place instead of a more versatile tool?

Fully healing the target is an absolute no. You'd totally nullify a tough situation by getting your whole team back to start.

I feel like it's yet another of those weapons that just can't ever win : it was a shitty idea to begin with.

Upvote 0
DOT of Medic Missile is weak, only doing 20 toxic damage / tick with total of 3-4 ticks. I think it needs increased duration, damage type change from toxic to bleeding and replacement of poison power with bleeding power so it would do full damage to all kind of ZEDs and also debuff them.

And its minimum arm distance akin to rpg7 should be removed so you could heal yourself and kill ZEDs when cornered.

Upvote 0
Okay, here's some feedback since I've tried some of the thing on offer ! (The review for the HV Storm and the ZED MKIII, as well as the weekly, will come later on)

-Crash : I think I like this map the same way I like Spillway or Rig : they are quite simple, with an easy layout that makes for something you understand very quickly. I really like the train crash, even if it's a similar trope to "Black Forest". Overall a pretty slick map, that I would probably like even more without the Xmas decoration.

-I really dig the new achievements for this event ! It feels like you actually listened and tried to come up with something different. I do believe killing 500 FROZEN zeds is a bit too much... You often kill them before you get to chance to freeze them solid. I believe killing zeds using "ice" weaponry or lowering the amount would be nice (250-300 would be much better). The opposite is true for the achievement asking you to kill two zeds with a single shot 30 times... I managed to do it in a single game.

-I can't believe I'm saying that in this day and age but... Buff the Medic Missile? It's actually hilarious how BAD this weapon is, especially considering its price. Taking three rockets to kill a Scrake with all right-skills picked up as a high-level medic is just unacceptable. You should AT LEAST increase the blast radius so you can use it reliably against larger groups of zeds. Because right now, it's merely a healing tool... That's as expensive as a T4.

-Would you believe it? The Ballistic Bouncer is the exact opposite! It really feels like you tried to give competition to the Locust. It's inexpensive (cheaper than a T3), fairly light (5kg!), quite generous in reserve ammo, BLOODY POWERFUL and it charges up freaking fast as well. Being able to reliably decapitate a Scrake with a single shot as a mid-tier Support (level 13) without any upgrade is insane. Being able to decapitate a fleshpound with a single shot once you upgrade the Bouncer is even crazier. And it's obviously quite nasty in corridors.This gun really has it all, except maybe some accuracy (and even then : it's fairly easy to predict the arc). It's just WAY TOO GOOD. If anything, I believe it should at least charge up slower, and definitely don't do as much damage on headshots. I also don't really get why it's a Support weapon, but I must admit it's mad funny to lob bowling balls at zeds, especially when you kill 2-3 of them with the same projectile.

-The Z.E.D. Mk.III is one of the most bonkers weapons you've ever done and that's quite the prowess in a game that has the Kaboomstick, Locust and the likes. But don't get me wrong... It's good stuff. It's probably the best "lmg" in the game right now, far above the minigun and stoner. It melts through everything and is massively fun too. All balanced by its weight, cumbersome use and price. I have a few nitpicks though :
1) It even bullies bosses easily... As a solo suicidal player, I can take down most bosses in a SINGLE MAG. That's just way too much and I believe the gun could use a lower mag size to prevent cleaning everything under it's suppressive fire. A capacity of 50/60 would be far better. Especially considering you can make use of your skills to kill Scrakes and FPs reliably too.
2) The radar is a pure gadget. I don't even know if it works because I never look at it. I mean... It doesn't hurt to have it, but I really see it as pure legacy rather than a useful tool. I just got used to be wary of my surroundings.
3) There's a bloody annoying bug that just keeps playing the firing sound forever. And I do mean forever : selling the weapon, playing another perk, going back to the main menu... It just keeps looping ! And as much as I like that rattling sounds that makes you feel like a chainsaw maniac, it just gets tiring pretty quickly.

-The new weekly is exactly how I pictured it would, that's to say very boring. It would work in a regular multiplayer shooter, but not in KF2 where the game is divided in waves and where you don't respawn after a few seconds. In a game like TF2, where "randomizer" is a thing, that's thrilling. In KF2... It just amounts to switching your weapon after every wave. And considering a good chunk of us are veterans by now, we probably know how to play every perk at least decently. I do like the idea of harder waves however (like when the stalkers and crawlers are spawning at Wave 1 !)

Also also... Does anyone have any idea how you're supposed to score those four "boomstick jumps" ? I kept wasting shots at my feet while jumping, thinking it would count but it doesn't...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sniper is my main and favorite perk, and I can safely say that the new rifle needs to be nerfed. And it is desirable to completely remove from it the ability to kill and stop several zeds. She is able to stop any angry zed, this is already too big a plus. Some bosses, like the Abomination, just twitch and don't move when they're shot at, long enough to reload and stop her again. For example, I suggest one of the following:
1) Leave the characteristics as they are, but increase the weight by 1kg, this will put it on a par with the railgun and it will become a new heavy weapon and will not allow you to buy the M14. Also slightly reduce the amount of ammo.
2) Remove the ability to stop more than 1 zed, and it is also desirable to remove the chain damage after the shot so that neighboring large zeds do not get angry. There is an idea to completely change the mechanics of weapons: When killing with a headshot, an explosion will occur, stunning nearby zeds (as a skill for a survivalist)
I liked this weapon, but if something is not done with it, then I will remove it from my server, just like the locust, kaboomstick, frost fang, thermite and hrg dragonsblaze.

Upvote 0
I don't know man... Multiple medic weapons don't have any "unlimited" way to guarantee healing. The Hemoclobber, HMtech-501 and Mine Reconstructor are good examples of that.

From the get-go, I thought the Medic Missile would be a quirky weapon to use. It's very difficult to make it a primary weapon, and while it works for the demo (considering its job is mostly to get rid of tough opponents quickly), a medic that's meant to support its team will have a bad time with such a gun. It fires a single rocket before reloading... Except its role is NOT to kill big zeds, so it really feels underwhelming as a result. Sure, it could AT LEAST provide great healing to make up for it... But that's yet another topic that's hard to tackle : if it heals too much in too wide of an area, it's basically a "get-out-of-jail-free" card whenever things get tough. But if it's too weak (as you mentioned), why would you pick it up in the first place instead of a more versatile tool?

Fully healing the target is an absolute no. You'd totally nullify a tough situation by getting your whole team back to start.

I feel like it's yet another of those weapons that just can't ever win : it was a shitty idea to begin with.
Yeah, you make a fair argument. I do want to correct you though about the Hemoclobber since the primary fire does allow you to heal teammates by whacking them.

My original post was aiming more towards the "give us a reason to use this bad weapon" mentality. I didn't want to suggest buffing the damage because that would just encourage combat medics by giving them an on-perk weapon to "solo" with in multiplayer that actually packs a punch. That's why I suggested a buff toward the healing aspect instead, since that's literally all it has going for it. If it's going to be a clone of the RPG-7 with the only difference being that it can heal players, then buffing the healing aspect while keeping the weak damage stats would compensate for the slow reload, high price, and painful ineffectiveness that it currently has. It doesn't need to heal very fast, but it can at least make players regenerate all the way back to full health, since it currently doesn't have lingering gas to heal anyone for a few seconds. With how it currently is, the weapon is just a terrible choice in every aspect.

Now that I've had more time to think about it, I guess the only change that can be done to save this weapon without making it OP/broken is to remove the arming distance, which has already been suggested by several people.
Also also... Does anyone have any idea how you're supposed to score those four "boomstick jumps" ? I kept wasting shots at my feet while jumping, thinking it would count but it doesn't...
Look for plywood with scorch marks. There are 5 total all over the map. You must successfully land on all the ledges after making each jump for the counter to go up.

Upvote 0
Yeah, you make a fair argument. I do want to correct you though about the Hemoclobber since the primary fire does allow you to heal teammates by whacking them.

My original post was aiming more towards the "give us a reason to use this bad weapon" mentality. I didn't want to suggest buffing the damage because that would just encourage combat medics by giving them an on-perk weapon to "solo" with in multiplayer that actually packs a punch. That's why I suggested a buff toward the healing aspect instead, since that's literally all it has going for it. If it's going to be a clone of the RPG-7 with the only difference being that it can heal players, then buffing the healing aspect while keeping the weak damage stats would compensate for the slow reload, high price, and painful ineffectiveness that it currently has. It doesn't need to heal very fast, but it can at least make players regenerate all the way back to full health, since it currently doesn't have lingering gas to heal anyone for a few seconds. With how it currently is, the weapon is just a terrible choice in every aspect.

Now that I've had more time to think about it, I guess the only change that can be done to save this weapon without making it OP/broken is to remove the arming distance, which has already been suggested by several people.
Yeah, that's fair enough. I do agree the arming distance should be removed... But the blast radius should also be increased a little. I believe that's the main idea behind the weapon : healing multiple teammates easily and quickly, at the price of having many flaws on your gun (low damage, expensive, having to reload after every shot etc.). As it stands, your mates pretty much have to hug each other to benefit from the healing... I'm not asking for a rocket that covers half the map, but being able to reliably heal 2-3 people at once should be paramount to make the weapon at least good at something.

Look for plywood with scorch marks. There are 5 total all over the map. You must successfully land on all the ledges after making each jump for the counter to go up.

I don't think I would have ever guessed ! Then again, I never managed to open that damn door in the previous event so I'm probably not very good at noticing things.

Thanks a lot !

Upvote 0