• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Deleted member 87733

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 31, 2017
Ok this needs to be brought up again and to be addressed. so what happened you say..... ? ok let me start.

I was enjoying a decent game on weekly on splillway map, was doing my thing racking in the dosh, come wave 6 out of 7 people started joining. and said sweet, going to be a full server in seconds. come wave 7 of 7 starts and more are joining and the people to joined on wave 6 died so it left me to finish them off. well, they decided they could not wait and started a vote kick, at this point i was pissed right the **** off. Now i`m here to relay the message to Tripwire since we asked about fixing this issue and nothing to be done so from the bottom of my heart Tripwire Fu.ck You.

Haha, grow a thicker skin.

Votekicking system works as intended in most cases and doesn't need any modifications, primarily because all the recent updates to the game are of inferior quality and there's a history of TWI addressing the "issues" the most heavy handed way possible, such as the "no local admin" fiasco that "addressed" the non-existent by then problem of non-precision perk auto-kicking.

If you can't figure this out yourself I can help you by advising playing solo if you want to avoid this completely, or playing with friends, otherwise just roll with it, it happens maybe once per 500 games and certainly doesn't warrant any generalization to address a practically non-existent problem. If it's too harsh for your soft skin then just uninstall it.

Upvote 0
Haha, grow a thicker skin.

Votekicking system works as intended in most cases and doesn't need any modifications, primarily because all the recent updates to the game are of inferior quality and there's a history of TWI addressing the "issues" the most heavy handed way possible, such as the "no local admin" fiasco that "addressed" the non-existent by then problem of non-precision perk auto-kicking.

If you can't figure this out yourself I can help you by advising playing solo if you want to avoid this completely, or playing with friends, otherwise just roll with it, it happens maybe once per 500 games and certainly doesn't warrant any generalization to address a practically non-existent problem. If it's too harsh for your soft skin then just uninstal
the reply that makes you famous.... take care.

fix the voting system TW.

Upvote 0
Ok this needs to be brought up again and to be addressed. so what happened you say..... ? ok let me start.

I was enjoying a decent game on weekly on splillway map, was doing my thing racking in the dosh, come wave 6 out of 7 people started joining. and said sweet, going to be a full server in seconds. come wave 7 of 7 starts and more are joining and the people to joined on wave 6 died so it left me to finish them off. well, they decided they could not wait and started a vote kick, at this point i was pissed right the **** off. Now i`m here to relay the message to Tripwire since we asked about fixing this issue and nothing to be done so from the bottom of my heart Tripwire Fu.ck You.
I mean, other than completely removing the kick function, there's nothing to be done, and the extra flounce at TWI is completely unnecessary in this context.

Jerks are gonna jerk no matter what game, but this game's anarchic enough as it is and removing the only remaining functionality of booting truly problematic players is a no-go for me.

Upvote 0
In my case (console PS4), I was trying to get ammo in Elysium when someone made a vote kick against me (and I made my fair share of kills too). Someone said no, then another one said yes and boom, I was removed. What gives? Why does only 2 votes get you out and someone already voted no?

I've done my share of saying no to vote kicking. Some people were not vote kicked when I was the only lone no. But in my case, I get vote kicked even when someone already voted against it. Why does the rules keep changing? Since this is console and not played on a private server, shouldn't the rules be standard?

Upvote 0
There are three reasons behind vote kicks:
  • Two or more players want the server for themselves, probably because they lack the knowledge to run dedicated servers or couldn't set a password on take-over servers. Solution: Move on to another server, it's not personal.
  • Nuisances that steal weapons, weld doors in your face, mistreat perk roles and just generally act in counter productive ways. These players use vote kick because their goal is to annoy other players. Solution: Move on to another server and don't feed the troll, why would you want to stay there anyway?
  • You're not a good player and was kicked. If the above two reasons don't match the scenario at hand you probably did something worth a vote kick. You might be mistreating the role of your perk (eg medic not healing), you stepped on someone's weapon, flung the wrong door at the wrong time, ran away and died on a SyG zone, enraged multiple large zeds, too low perk level on SUI or HoE, whining via text-chat or voip etc... The solution for this one is to learn in-game etique and move on.

None of these three reasons are worth a forum thread of their own. EDIT: grammar

Last edited:
Reactions: CANUEF
Upvote 0
There is a 4th, very legitimate reason to kick someone:

• Medic ends up being the last one to die and takes an eternity to complete the wave. (sometimes can also be zerk/surv)

From OP's post this actually seems to be the reason for this specific vote kick.

I normally don't support vote kicking people but if TWI doesn't want to balance their game I don't blame the players for doing it themselves.

Sadly, I just deleted an amazing video from my disk which would have been the most appropriate thing for this thread. It was a 24 minutes long video which I recorded in pubs, where one lvl 12 medic tried to solo kill a 6p HoE King Fleshpound with a healthrower while the whole team spectates him. I was with 2 friends in that game and we died very quickly while trying to play with stupid weapons, then the other guys died mid-wave and somehow the medic was left alone with half the boss healthbar to finish with microscopically low damage. We didn't try to kick him but made a lot of sarcastic comments about how he would be a nice guy to accept his fate and suicide so we could start a new game, but he seemed to be completely clueless about the situation and so went on to kite the boss for half an hour, diminishing the health bar pixel by pixel, in the meantime I decided to record it while literally cooking my dinner because I couldn't believe I was witnessing this scenario actually happening. Sadly I just deleted the recording days ago to free some space but it was a very special spectating experience and also a very entertaining chat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I almost feel there should be options to pick as justification as well as naming who starts the vote.

Most of the votes I have contributed to/started pertained to glitchers and people idling - now obviously if maps were tested more rigorously and inactivity timers implemented then these would no longer be issues.

I feel the OP's pain as it is BS to get dumped from a game you started because some inadequate player/team would rather start over than finish which just wastes everyone's time - again if the rewards system was better this would be less problematic.

Overall while the feature could be good I find it is often misused, inconsistent or, worst of all, completely unusable.

Upvote 0
There is a 4th, very legitimate reason to kick someone:

• Medic ends up being the last one to die and takes an eternity to complete the wave. (sometimes can also be zerk/surv)

From OP's post this actually seems to be the reason for this specific vote kick.

I normally don't support vote kicking people but if TWI doesn't want to balance their game I don't blame the players for doing it themselves.

Sadly, I just deleted an amazing video from my disk which would have been the most appropriate thing for this thread. It was a 24 minutes long video which I recorded in pubs, where one lvl 12 medic tried to solo kill a 6p HoE King Fleshpound with a healthrower while the whole team spectates him. I was with 2 friends in that game and we died very quickly while trying to play with stupid weapons, then the other guys died mid-wave and somehow the medic was left alone with half the boss healthbar to finish with microscopically low damage. We didn't try to kick him but made a lot of sarcastic comments about how he would be a nice guy to accept his fate and suicide so we could start a new game, but he seemed to be completely clueless about the situation and so went on to kite the boss for half an hour, diminishing the health bar pixel by pixel, in the meantime I decided to record it while literally cooking my dinner because I couldn't believe I was witnessing this scenario actually happening. Sadly I just deleted the recording days ago to free some space but it was a very special spectating experience and also a very entertaining chat.
Did the guy succeed? In that case I'd applaud their persistence - ok it might have been annoying to spectate but should we really promote the idea of 'F it come get me Zeds!'?

Upvote 0
Did the guy succeed? In that case I'd applaud their persistence - ok it might have been annoying to spectate but should we really promote the idea of 'F it come get me Zeds!'?
Yea he won lmao. He left shortly after without typing anything in chat. I guess he was a new player, and probably super confused by what just happened.

Normally I would agree with you, but the sad truth is, after playing for some time you'll realize solo'ing in this game is kind of broken. The game becomes very easy once there is only one player left alive, because zeds spawn rate / HP are scaled dynamically. It just takes forever because you can have 150+ zeds left to finish. At first the mechanic can look rewarding but it will also start bothering you when you spectate a medic do this for the 50th time, especially when you'll notice it's almost always lone-wolves or bad medics, so the game kind of rewards them for letting the rest of the team die.

Upvote 0
LMS Medics are a sign something has gone terribly wrong and watching someone rinse the 501 over and over is beyond tedious.
In the event the player/team gets unlucky then I am not against them trying mainly as I want redemption, especially against Husk-suicides and other WTF-moments.

Back on point, the system could do with being more consistent and less intrusive - particularly when you're in menus.

Upvote 0