• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Uncover the Mysteries of the Deep in Maneater: Truth Quest, Out Now for PC, PlayStation(R)4, PlayStation(R)5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S

Following the dramatic conclusion in Maneater, the titular and evolved bull shark protagonist and journalist/narrator Trip Westhaven return in Maneater: Truth Quest, an all-new adventure that takes players to Plover Island off the coast of Port Clovis – and comes packed with new evolutions, challenges, wildlife, and more! Players will once again take control of the apex predator of the sea to Eat, Explore and Evolve their way to the top of the food chain. ​

“The long wait is finally over! Over a year ago we launched Maneater, and the community response has been fantastic,” said Sean McBride, Creative Director at Tripwire Interactive. “The team has been hard at work and Truth Quest is finally here! With it, we have tons of new challenges, an entirely new area to explore, lots and lots of new things to eat, and evolutions to unlock. Find out what Scaly Pete was referring to when the locals talked about 'Gub'ment Experiments' lurking the waters of Port Clovis. Bring a tin foil hat, because you are about to swim deep down the rabbit hole of conspiracy and military coverups. Trip Westhaven is going to blow this whole thing wide open!”

Maneater: Truth Quest Key Features Include: ​
  • New Story
    • Play through a new full narrative, story-based expansion as Trip Westhaven (voiced by Chris Parnell; SNL, 30 Rock, Rick and Morty) is back to narrate, having now been relegated to the online video streaming platform “ViewTube.”
  • New Evolutions
    • New Evolution Set
    • Maximum level cap increased to 40
    • Five new organ evolutions with one additional organ slot unlocked at level 35 (requires DLC ownership)
  • New Wildlife
    • New “Uber” Apex Predator
    • Battle fierce wildlife, including evolved hunt creatures as you eat your way up the food chain to regain regional dominance.
  • New Military Forces for Bounty Hunter System
    • Nicknamed “Site P,” the Plover Island Military complex hosts land forces will launch attacks from beaches and fortifications
    • Helicopters will hunt by air
    • Five new Bounty Bosses
    • New weapons and vehicles for military Bounty Hunters
  • New Objective Types
    • Failure to Communicate: Tail-whip objects to destroy the target objective
    • Time Trial: Swim through the rings before time runs out!

The original Maneater is a single player, open-world action-RPG (ShARkPG) where YOU are the shark. Starting as a small bull shark pup you are tasked with surviving the harsh world while eating your way up the ecosystem. To do this, you will explore a large and varied open world encountering diverse enemies -- both human and wildlife. Find the right resources and you can grow and evolve far beyond what nature intended, allowing the player to tailor the shark to their play style. This is fortunate, because to get revenge on the cruel fisherman that dismembered you will take evolving into a massive shark, an apex predator of legends. Eat. Explore. Evolve.​

Be sure to let your friends and family know you've joined the search for Truth with official Quester merch!

Merch1.png

And don't forget to bring a Pup Shark Plush home into your grotto today!

Shark.PNG

Last edited:
I work for Tripwire and run this stuff.
View all 245 featured items
Questers, we can’t wait for you to dive back into the water and take a fresh bite into the world of Maneater. Make sure to explore the full patch notes for Maneater: Truth Quest below

Patch version:
Steam: Live
EGS: Live
PS4: 1.09
PS5: 1.000.006
XBox One : 1.0.12.0
Xbox Series S|X: 2.0.17.0
Gamepass: 1.0.50.0

Truth Quest Additions - Requires ownership of the Truth Quest DLC
  • Explore a Brand New Region and unravel its secrets
    • Port Clovis - Home to the military Naval Wildlife Organization
    • New Objective Types
      • Failure to Communicate: Tail-whip objects to destroy the target objective
      • Time Trial: Swim through the rings before time runs out!
  • Evolve into something more with
    • A new evolution set
    • Additional organ slot that unlocks at Level 35 with ownership of Truth Quest DLC
    • Increased level cap to 40
    • 5 New Organ Evolutions
  • Eat your fill of the new Wildlife, NWO Military Forces and Bounties
    • Eat your way through newly evolved predators
    • Track down the elusive Uber Apex and challenge it’s might
    • The NWO will not only fight you at sea but fortify the beaches and hunt by air via helicopter
    • 5 New NWO Bounty Bosses have joined the hunt and their teams are equipped with new weapons and vehicles
  • Truth Quest Pilot - available to all players
    • Be lured into the story of Truth Quest and learn why you are leaving the “safety” of your familiar grottos.

Bug Fixes
Platform Specific

PlayStation 4 & 5
  • Introducing cross saves from PS4 to PS5. Carry Maneater progress from PS4 to PS5
  • Maneater Truth Quest supports crossbuy along with the Maneater base game
  • New save files will use less space on console. This is to also help increase user save stability and decrease issues with progression lost
    • NOTE: this only applies to new saves, old saves or save carried over from PS4 to PS5 will still be the larger file size
  • Work in improving stability of save files to help ensure user progress is not lost

Global
Save File
  • Modifications to save sequences during certain cinematics that permitted the player to revert to the start of the game if the game was exited during specific portions of the cinematic
  • Implemented a system to check players progress and grant trophies/achievements. This will help unlock some trophies/achievements that did not unlock properly

Performance
  • Memory and performance changes for a more consistent playthrough

UI/UX
  • Improved reminders on when the player can upgrade Evolutions
  • Cleaned up notifications when upgrading evolution tiers
  • Adjustments to how quickly cursor will snap to and stick to icons in the overhead map
  • Added functionality to the overhead map to hide and unhide completed objective icons
  • Added functionality to collapse list of completed objectives
  • Fixed an issue with the saving in progress icon could become stuck on the screen on the Xbox One
  • Modifications to the size of subtitle text

General Bugs
  • Fixed issue for divers to potentially float after being hit with a dodge attack
  • Fixed several localization issues across the game
  • Fixed some spelling errors in the game
  • Fixed issues with Bio-electric stun VFX was not playing on creatures unless the bio-electric body was equipped
  • Fixed issue where a diver might not chase player shark after being tail whipped
  • Fixed some clipping during the Personal Project cutscene
  • Fixed an issue where the player could not unpause the game if the game was paused while loading
  • Fixed issues with audio and cinematics becoming desynced due to pausing
  • Fixed some issues where wildlife could be propelled great distances
  • Fixed an issue where grates in Golden Shore would not disappear when completed

Maneater Truth Quest DLC is paid DLC content that will release on August 31, 2021. All users will need to update their Maneater game in order to access Truth Quest DLC content. All players must own the Maneater base game, have the most recent update, and have completed the base game in order to start the Maneater Truth Quest storyline.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
PSA:

XBox One

Xbox One players are seeing a message saying that the DLC is not available for their platform. We have worked with our partners to identify the cause and a fix is now being worked on. We hope to resolve this shortly with our partners and believe this to only be a store indicator issue.

As far as we are aware, if you purchase it, and the game is updated to the latest patch, you will be able to play, even if you see this message.
  • Please make sure the game has updated to the latest patch (there is no separate DLC to install, everything is included with the patch)
    • On Xbox One this will be update: 1.0.12.0
  • Always attempt to launch the base game - do not attempt to launch/install any DLC. If you purchased the DLC while in game, you may need to relaunch the game.
  • If you have a save file with the base Maneater story completed, you will see a new indicator for the Maneater Truth Quest Pilot to navigate to on the map and hud

All Platforms
We are investigating reports that some users are being asked to purchase the DLC after they have purchased it. We are gathering information about why this may be happening now and ask that players close down the game/platform and relaunch to see if that addresses the issue as a first step.

PlayStation Store
An issue where the DLC would not show as available for purchase on the PSN store has been fixed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
PSA:

XBox One

We are investigating why Xbox One players are seeing a message saying that the DLC is not available for their platform. We hope to resolve this shortly with our partners and believe this to only be a store indicator issue.

As far as we are aware, if you purchase it, and the game is updated to the latest patch, you will be able to play, even if you see this message.
  • Please make sure the game has updated to the latest patch (there is no separate DLC to install, everything is included with the patch)
    • On Xbox One this will be update: 1.0.12.0
  • Always attempt to launch the base game - do not attempt to launch/install any DLC. If you purchased the DLC while in game, you may need to relaunch the game.
  • If you have a save file with the base Maneater story completed, you will see a new indicator for the Maneater Truth Quest Pilot to navigate to on the map and hud.

PlayStation 4
PlayStation 4 players we have had reports that some of you have had issues being able to purchase the DLC, we are investigating with our partners now to resolve this as quickly as possible.
For xbox at least for I'm still getting this issue, I have an Xbox one s, not the series, and the version I bought wasn't the X/S enhanced edition. Please advise

Upvote 0
Purchased DLC on PS5 today via psn product page. Upgrade button from within game is broken, and game won’t recognize that it is already purchased. Seeing multiple reports of the same issue on Reddit. Upgrade button gets this “content not found ws-116129-0” error. Currently unable to enjoy the new content yet. 🤷‍♂️ 6ABA6CE1-E8DA-4472-A487-ACAB0CA306A0.jpeg

Upvote 0
Purchased DLC on PS5 today via psn product page. Upgrade button from within game is broken, and game won’t recognize that it is already purchased. Seeing multiple reports of the same issue on Reddit. Upgrade button gets this “content not found ws-116129-0” error. Currently unable to enjoy the new content yet.
Purchased DLC on PS5 today via psn product page. Upgrade button from within game is broken, and game won’t recognize that it is already purchased. Seeing multiple reports of the same issue on Reddit. Upgrade button gets this “content not found ws-116129-0” error. Currently unable to enjoy the new content yet. 🤷‍♂️ View attachment 2336479
Working now tonight. Cheers to the quick resolution. 😊🖖

Upvote 0
Purchased the game on PC via steam : I had completed the base game at 100 %
Sarted the DLC was doing the first tower mission and I died, the game crashed while it was sending me to the grotto.
Now whenever I launch the game and try to reload the game, I have an UE4 crash occuring.
file integrity on steam does nothing.

LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 149] A FRenderResource was deleted without being released first!

Maneater_Win64_Shipping
Maneater_Win64_Shipping
Maneater_Win64_Shipping
Maneater_Win64_Shipping
Maneater_Win64_Shipping
Maneater_Win64_Shipping
Maneater_Win64_Shipping
Maneater_Win64_Shipping
Maneater_Win64_Shipping
Maneater_Win64_Shipping
Maneater_Win64_Shipping
Maneater_Win64_Shipping
Maneater_Win64_Shipping
Maneater_Win64_Shipping
Maneater_Win64_Shipping
Maneater_Win64_Shipping
Maneater_Win64_Shipping
Maneater_Win64_Shipping
Maneater_Win64_Shipping
Maneater_Win64_Shipping
Maneater_Win64_Shipping
kernel32
ntdll

Upvote 0
I completed the story of Maneater and I just bought the Truth Quest DLC, go to the Plover Island thingy and I cannot go in the Island, it says you need to upgrade to truth quest. I press upgrade and there was a screen showing the playstation 4 store and it had nothing in it. Is this a bug? Please fix it Tripwire, I really beg you because I LOVE the Truth Quest. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Upvote 0
Jesus Christ i'm literally about to hop off this forum to go into the DLC for the first time and I'm seeing other players getting ****-up errors already.
I said it before, this game needs the living bejeesuz played out of it by the team that makes it before making the players error finding guinea pigs like the base game.
I absolutely love this game. it's fresh, it's fun and just out there in the best way but it means little if it doesn't work as intended.
Goin' in now, wish me luck🤞

Upvote 0
<< START UP ERROR MAYBE NOT A BIG PROBLEM >>
I'm on PC so not sure if it's valid on other consoles.

I'v been getting a message pop up when I start the game after I've bought the DLC saying something along the lines of "You don't have Truth Quest anymore" but if you have bought it and played it a bit this might just be a harmless (if annoying) error but it might be ok.

I've played a couple of sessions and this message pops up everytime I load it up with the option to spawn in Port Clovis.
If I click yes, I'll spawn in a grotto of the base game map, stripped of any DLC upgrades but there's the portal to get to the new area.
Once through, I'm able to re-access my new upgrades in the new grotto and it also saved all my previous progress so I can just continue on where I left off.

As of typing this I've been staying in the new area but I'm not sure what'll happen when I portal back to Port Clovis but I think it'll be fine if it's in the same game session and the error might only come when the game is closed and re-opened.

An annoying start-up error but if anyone else if getting the start-up message then I hope this helps ease them . . . . that is if it's as simple as my issue.
This of-course should be addressed in a patch/fix.

Upvote 0
Yet another issue to look into.
I've gone into the game the last few times with the same "You no longer have the DLC. Spawn into Port Clovis?" and that's ok, the progress is still saved with the new organs and body set able to be accessed once I go back to the new area but now it's dropping levels.
I spawn in at level 30 but I eat 1 thing and it jumps me right back up to level 40.
I know now to just eat a fish as soon as I go back in to get back to 40 but should definitely be looked into unless this is only happening to me?

Upvote 0