• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Merc Report - Delving Deep

Mercs,

It’s that time of year once again where things go bump in the night a tad more than usual around these parts. You’ve probably already guessed it, but we are once again sending you into parts unknown...

Codenamed “Netherhold”, this destination won’t be found on any map, except perhaps one of the highways to Hell. With the usual SNAFU across the globe you would think that there wouldn’t be room for any more crazies with ideas of grandeur, and you would be wrong, dead wrong.

netherhold1.jpg

Some crazy occult types have built themselves a temple to, well, something, deep underground. An early scan showed evidence of depraved sacrificial rituals that have led to the warping of reality in the local area, which is how it picked up on our radar.

netherhold2.jpg

The more disturbed, we mean veteran, mercs will recall these occult types like their secrets. So do be on the lookout for hidden rooms and paths as you navigate these unholy walls. A clandestine shortcut may allow you and your team to escape the fate of being one more sacrifice in this warped space.

Recon (PC Beta) of this area is set to commence late next week if all goes well!

Netherhold is the latest Official Community Map joining the game, created by community level designer Seanchaoz.

I work for Tripwire and run this stuff.
View all 245 featured items
So it looks like Halloween's the only event where it's still getting themed maps? Couldn't help but notice that as of recent, the Krampus Christmas and Summer Sideshow updates are now just winter and summer solstice updates respectively. I thought the change in direction had something to do with music licensing, though zYnthetic confirms that this isn't the case.

I never really considered cyberpunk events to be proper holiday events since those seem to focus on QoL changes rather than seasonal zeds

we are still waiting for legendary KF 1 maps remaster reboot

MoutainPass Manor WestLondon
Unpopular opinion: If this ever happens, I feel like it shouldn't be "1:1 conversion with prettier graphics" but rather "KF1 map layout that's been completely renovated to account for the Patriarch's takeover of London". Imagine West London being turned into a Horzine military base with the Patriarch taunting you over loudspeakers and the trader pods.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Meh... Altough, as @flashn00b said, it's interesting that Halloween is the only event still getting theme-appropriate maps, I'm personally a bit fed-up with the occult and paranormal maps myself. I often point out the future labs and spaceships, but hell/dark magic inspired maps are also becoming quite commonplace. Maybe it's me, but I would really like them to go back to something a bit simpler, more urban, more "real" ... as in, rooted in real life. But oh well.

The screenshots aren't really helping either. They're fairly dull, not very detailed and not very pretty. It doesn't really give credit to the map.

Finally, I swing both ways regarding Flash's idea : I love when franchises actually have a sense of subtle progression, and that may come from an updated map ! You'll get the nostalgic feeling of recognizing the place, and the luxury of seeing how it as evolved. But at the same time, bringing back a map "as true as it was" is the ultimate tribute. So I dig both really. And I concur that the main five maps of KF1 should have been in the roster by now.

Reactions: Commandstorm
Upvote 0
The events in Killing Floor are highly seductive (trailers, news, gameplay "the whole game") I don't know how to explain it they are brutal, flashy, violent and sarcastic, it motivates a lot to continue working for Horizone, my opinion is only from the point of view of the target KF really all the work they do is highly rewarding and much more when they innovate it seems that the game is current (despite going through this pandemic) I wonder if there will be new zed or bosses, it is gratifying that the geniuses of Tripware it matters, is interested and listens to its target and more this forum is spectacular. I am excited about the new event!

PD: sorry I did not know how to thank Tripware interactive for existing

Reactions: Kittenmittens
Upvote 0
Si hablamos de KF-MountainPass, mi voto es para KF-MountainPassNight. Es asombroso lo que un cielo oscuro y la niebla de medianoche pueden hacer para un mapa que originalmente era muy fácil debido a las líneas de visión increíblemente largas.
Qué agradables recuerdos, a mí personalmente me gusta el día, y la noche también es genial ver cómo se desarrolla el tiempo en el transcurso del juego y tú me hiciste recordar que está ardiendo París de día es impresionante, destaca el potencial del motor gráfico.

Attachments

• Captura.PNG
    Captura.PNG
    571.9 KB · Views: 14
Upvote 0
If we're talking about KF-MountainPass my vote is for KF-MountainPassNight. It's amazing what a dark sky and midnight fog rolling through can do for a map that was originally braindead easy due to stupendously long sight lines.
Oh man. Mountainpass at night made me crap my pants. Especially when played without music. It's arguably still as easy considering the layout is the same, but the atmosphere is entirely different. It's arguably one of the scariest map for me (as well as Bioticslabs, Bedlam and somewhat Wyre)

Upvote 0
Oh hombre. Mountainpass en la noche me hizo cagar mis pantalones. Especialmente cuando se juega sin música. Podría decirse que sigue siendo igual de fácil teniendo en cuenta que el diseño es el mismo, pero la atmósfera es completamente diferente. Podría decirse que es uno de los mapas más aterradores para mí (así como Bioticslabs, Bedlam y algo Wyre)
Bioticslabs was where horizone sent me, and it made me feel claustrophobic and some anxiety to finish the job, it really was the best experience I had so I love KF this is a current shot from steam. (That's how I like to play, it's chaotic, sinister and bleak)

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 11
Upvote 0
Mercs,

It’s that time of year once again where things go bump in the night a tad more than usual around these parts. You’ve probably already guessed it, but we are once again sending you into parts unknown...

Codenamed “Netherhold”, this destination won’t be found on any map, except perhaps one of the highways to Hell. With the usual SNAFU across the globe you would think that there wouldn’t be room for any more crazies with ideas of grandeur, and you would be wrong, dead wrong.

netherhold1.jpg

Some crazy occult types have built themselves a temple to, well, something, deep underground. An early scan showed evidence of depraved sacrificial rituals that have led to the warping of reality in the local area, which is how it picked up on our radar.

netherhold2.jpg

The more disturbed, we mean veteran, mercs will recall these occult types like their secrets. So do be on the lookout for hidden rooms and paths as you navigate these unholy walls. A clandestine shortcut may allow you and your team to escape the fate of being one more sacrifice in this warped space.

Recon (PC Beta) of this area is set to commence late next week if all goes well!

Netherhold is the latest Official Community Map joining the game, created by community level designer Seanchaoz.
Could you give us the wepeons that PC gamers have

Upvote 0