• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The 2 Fleshpound 6 Quarterpound Wave?

Humam2104

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 1, 2020
I'm curious to see what the community thinks of this wave on HOE? I feel like this is the hardest wave to kill after the 3FP wave on HOE. Especially in a holdout map. This wave creates a lot of chaos and sometimes the 6 QPs just block the way which players can move. Not to mention the 2 FPs that might been already enraged when spawning. It can really be a death penalty.

Holdout maps are lame from the gameplay perspective, nobody plays them seriously anyway.

QP spam is bad, but it's just a part of QPs being overall bad and lazy design. They shouldn't be in the game, period.

Spawnrage is also a very bad design decision which exacerbates things.

Soon, TWI will stop their questionable interventions and we will be free to modify the game the way we want without too many repercussions.

Upvote 0
Holdout maps are lame from the gameplay perspective, nobody plays them seriously anyway.
I always find it odd how often these come up in discussions; I had hoped everyone had figured out by now that The Descent and all of those similar maps are just freaking terrible.

QP spam is bad, but it's just a part of QPs being overall bad and lazy design. They shouldn't be in the game, period.
Seconded. I don't have much else to add that isn't already said here.

QPs were a terrible idea that should've stayed just in Poundemonium, where we can deal with them as a weekly option rather than having them forced upon us.

Spawnrage is also a very bad design decision which exacerbates things.
Also this. Spawnrage is bad enough when it's one Fleshpound out of many; when it's multiple spawning in the bad ideas become even more apparent since spawnrage invalidates a lot of options for takedowns (you know, the clever mechanics players should be mastering to deal with Fleshpounds to encourage not taking hits in the process).

The wave is bad because QPs are bad and spawnrage is bad.

Reactions: Humam2104
Upvote 0
I always find it odd how often these come up in discussions; I had hoped everyone had figured out by now that The Descent and all of those similar maps are just freaking terrible.

Seconded. I don't have much else to add that isn't already said here.

QPs were a terrible idea that should've stayed just in Poundemonium, where we can deal with them as a weekly option rather than having them forced upon us.

Also this. Spawnrage is bad enough when it's one Fleshpound out of many; when it's multiple spawning in the bad ideas become even more apparent since spawnrage invalidates a lot of options for takedowns (you know, the clever mechanics players should be mastering to deal with Fleshpounds to encourage not taking hits in the process).

The wave is bad because QPs are bad and spawnrage is bad.
Yeah. it's bad enough that 2FPs are there.. replacing one FP with 6 QPs is just irrational.
1632325544716.png
(right is HOE).
Not to mention that there are normal squads of medium zeds that spawn 3QPs and others that spawn a scrake.

1632325539597.png
(right is HOE).

Which means a person could be stuck with 2FP 9QP 1SC. All at the same wave.
At that point it's all bad RNG.

Last edited:
Upvote 0