• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 Summer Opt-In Beta 1 (PC Build 1114) Is Now Available!

A suggestion I've made since the KF1 days; Let Berserker have higher damage resistance values but limit the resistance to melee damage only. Berserker becomes good at dealing with swarms of melee zeds and even dueling the heavies but has to be extra careful around Husks, Sirens, and etc. This makes the Berserker play more around using cover, requiring him to play more tactically and less brainlessly.

Upvote 0
EVERYONE PLEASE ! Read this, at least the end where i start to speak about every other post.

I didn't want to come back at berserker nerf, but as you reply one of my post i will answer you Citron Vert...
I haven't tried the changes yet but on paper:
  • Zerk nerfs are excellent.
  • Medic nerf is marginal, but good.
I'm a zerk player, probably with 2x more hours than most people complaining here

Before i anwser you, if you didn't try yet you don't have to say if the nerf is good or not, if you never play berserker with melee weapon then yea the nerf worth it, i can tell that because me i've try it and everyone here speak of it because they try it.

What we all say is the melee berserker is useless now ( on sucidal or hell on earth )

Also, if you think we complaint, read us once more, if you don't want look at every post who talk about the berserker, keep read until the end, we are not only say "this nerf are excellent" like you, we say why its too much, why this skill or passif shouldn't be nerf or other skills should be nerf. Complaint it's someone that just say "you'r nerf is to much, bring back berserker" and as you see, we are not say this.

If you are a berserker player as you say and think the nerf is worth it then you play only with hemoclobber or with long range weapon and you run everytime.

You say the nerf worth it so show US a video here or on discord like mewhen i stream the game ( i'll share some of link at the end and i explain what is ) , of you playing on beta with only melee weapon and stay on a spot without runing with someone else you found in server ( without Field medic or hemoclobber, also don't stay in a spot like the watchtower on prison where the zed only come at one door, take a spot where the zed can come on a least 4path).

As you say "I'm a zerk player, probably with 2x more hours than most people complaining here" so you don't need run, medic, hemoclobber, or stay in a spot of one path right ? i'll share my first game on beta at the end of this reply so i hope you will make a stream/video too... i really want to see how a good player like you play berserker, hey , maybye you can even teach me something ? ( that a joke, you can't learn me anything )

LITTLE TIPS FOR EVERYONE ( if you also found the berserker nerf really good ) : https://wiki.killingfloor2.com/index.php?title=Berserker_(Killing_Floor_2) this is the wiki for the berserker job and utlility.

Its say "Your tankiness and high damage potential will carry you over them as they fruitlessly attempt to whittle your high health down".

As you can see with the picture i made of one crawler on beta against berserker above, i didn't see any tankiness so stop saying the nerf is good, try it With melee.

Also as the wiki say : "Though your main forte is melee weapons, you are not entirely useless against long-ranged ZEDs. The VLAD-1000 Nailgun gives Berserkers a lightweight, inexpensive option to combat long-range threats and soften larger groups of lesser ZEDs, the HRG Teslauncher offers on-demand EMP damage, and the Eviscerator acts as a hybrid of both melee and a gun, with the ability to block and dole out ranged damage."

Clearly mean if you play this weapon, you better take other perks, the berserker is made for melee.

If it was a Martial Art perks ( remember ? the perks that never be release because his gameplay look to much at berserker ? ) this resistance nerf he got will make a good Martial art because he will be focus on dodge, now you take to much damage even with parry so if you play team, dodge make the player walk back on his team and then the team die.

No, most people don't play just 1 perk only. I play 4-5 regularly, and that's how I can tell zerk is busted. If your argument was true we would see nerf complaints to every class all the time so why are we seeing it mostly for zerk and medic?
We are misunderstood, what i say is when a new player join killing floor, he gonna have a perks he like more than another one ( i was gunsilnger first but then i try the berserker and i love his gameplay melee so i'll stay with him and it doesn't matter if both are unkillable, when you start a game you play normal with lvl0 and see take the gameplay you like), so new player gonna play a lot more with the perks he like, it can be a berserker/field medic/gunslinger/Swat/support/firebug/shrapshooter/survivalist/demolitionist/commando : 10perks, so we can say a commando is the favorite of 10% of the players, of course this commando gonna take other perks when he wanna heal, tank or burn every little zed ( i always use berserker but yesterday when i see the team die before me because they get kill on the other path of zed, i take medic, and next map i take firebug because it was spillway and all player know berserker is not usefull on the main spot ) but we ALL have a Facorite perks.

Also you say you play medic first, next Gunsliger and then berserker ? ok so the best perks to stay alive in the game alone when everyone die, If you dare tell to me the berserker should be nerf because he is stronger than the gunslinger, i will show you my speedrun battle between me and CookAZed where he beat my run on spillway with gunslinger, twice, because he deal a lot more damage and kill big zed in less than 1sec and the boss in 4sec, i beat him only because i put myself in a spot where the zed can come from everywhere so they spawn more fast (and also because Ion Thurster was release, or i won't be able to beat his run, ion thuster can end the partiach with his burst so he won't run aways ... if the burst hit his flesh part).

if you found the berserker have more TANKNIESS than the medic, let add in you'r friend the guy name "AQUA BLUE", i've already see this guy get stuck by 3 fleshpound hiting him, he only trow a grenade and use his shootgun to destroy this 3fp on the same spot that the Fleshpound push him ! He play Resilence, so as the berserker have a strong nerf like this, Gunsliger, Medic, Firebug, Shrapshooter and also Survivalist should have a BIG nerf.
I don't know about what other 2 perks you play, but i've already see all perks takken by diffrent player carry a game alone in 6player because those guy was playing his mains perks ( but not the Demolitionist )

We see all this complaints MOSTLY at medic and berserker because other perk don't have any resistance or more health with syring, not because of the speed*.
BUT ;

People Complaints About A Tank Having His Main Job Staying Alive Front Of Zed. That His Job !

People Complaints About A Medic Healing His Team And Aslo Himself, That His Job !...

and if they talk about a noob playing this perks really bad and only run, they can kick him out of the game !

It like i starting to say they should nerf Firebug or Demolitionist because they kill every zed ( Firebug can't kill big fast but with his fire on the ground making them slower and microwave he keep big zed aways and kill them with time so he is a lot more overpowered than any berserker EVEN ME ! ; If you don't belive me look some people screenshoot of killing floor 2, i don't know if Blue shared this picture but once i add him as a friend, he have screenshot of him firebug, all player alive on nuked and he got 1000kill and more, i got 1080kill on ps4 and that because everyone die at every wave).

I remember a game once i start on pc : a game when i was in team and everyone die on my back when i take 3Fleshpound and all little so i was the last one alive, they saying they all die because of me, if i wasn't here they got this 3fleshpound added to the zed that killed them. Same when i'm the only one to die because they take a spot where zed come only form one door, i die because a player don't kill a sucide husk, then all the team cry because they die because i was the first one to die, but it normal for a berserker to die first ( after that game when i meet them again i never play berserker and next they complaints about our medic or the berserker, but not me and when there is no medic/zerker they just say "this team suck" and they leave.

If people don't want complaints on berserker they can kick them, the game yesterday when i was medic, the berserker run aways front of a fp so all the team die, a guy say "it gonne take too long" and every 4player leave, i didn't even have the time to say them "kick him out of the game and we restart the map" and when the game restart this berserker can join again and mabye make a better job.

*Berserker and medic are not the only one to stay alive, Gunslinger and Shrapshooter too because of fast move, on an other game pc i do yesterday i join in game with StripSteve, he usualy playing Sharpshooter. (he is a good player, i remember his name because i always keep in mind the name of really good player, or player i need to avoid ) he was carry his team when all his mate was dead, even the healer, all the his team was prestige 5 so we can say "they are all good"

Aslo on ps4 berserker wasn't the overpowered perks, it was the gunsliger because he move fast, hit in long range and kill a fp alone without empty his gun.

With all this overpowered perks, there is still 10% people who gonna mastery they own perk and that making those player a beast on hell on earth like StripSteve ( Shrapshooter ) or AQUA BLUE ( firebug/medic ) with his main perks, on ps4 player named Stigma carry us with Swat, another one named PLGC carry us with his commando, also me when they all die i carry them with Berserker, if you have 500h and less on the game don't hope to play as good that the guy with 2000h.

Of course every player don't play only one perks, but they only have a favorite one, they gonna love it playing more time than others one and if they finaly master they loving perk, they gonna be a lot more strong that every perks of the game and stay alive with that perk they use no matter what they fight.

Look, on a game yesterday i play on Biolapse, i've take Dreadnaught for once with vampire because i train myself if the nerf stay, we don't have healer so all my team die but me ( because even when i defend them they still get hurt by a zed on another path ) they not say "dude you are only strong because you berserker" no, i've take 200zed and kill them in 2min and next they all say "you'r a beast" because i mastery the berserker and they see that, there is even a guy who was gone doing stuff in real life because he thought i will take 10minute, he'll be back when the next wave start making this player useless with tier 1 weapon on 9/10wave.
No I too would be pissed if they overnerfed zerk but that's far from being the case. I would maybe make an argument that parry duration has been nerfed too much but I still prefer the new zerk by far. At least now people have to actually know what they're doing and not be carried by the resistance bonus.
THE PARRY DURATION HAS BEEN NERFED TOO MUCH ??????

OK i'm not upset on what you say, also i'm sorry for all this player that i will ping....

....OBJECTION !

Now i know that you're not playing berserker/you've never try the beta/you never play on sucidal or Hell on earth.

*****There is only one case i don't say and maybye this is how you play berserker, the way you play is Eviserator and Hemoclobber so that making a ranged weapon and close to parry to add more damage, so less time is less damage for you, i never see any berserker in 5years playing the Eviserator great... and if you play hemoclobber, you should be the berserker that only run making all big zed angry and give them to you'r friend !*****

I KNOW THAT because you talk about a nerf that bring the berserker to melee BUT if you play melee YOU ALWAYS get hurt EVERYTIME nerf or not, so you have to parry almost everytime ! I mastery the melee berserker don't you DARE tell me you never parry any zed once in melee, if you don't parry a crawler but hurt him he can still deal 10 health damage, 20 if you miss the hit ! and as i say before you never fight only one zed !

Also you are the only one here bring us a "the berserker nerf is execllent" without saying why the nerf is good for you...

BECAUSE :
You've made berserker a no-nonsense profession. It's fragile and it's not fun. It's a burden on the doctor. A parry that depreciates too much until the protect the whole team
OR
I use Google Translate because my English is very poor
I played KF2 for 2700 hours

Berserker nerf, this is too much

Survivalist will be stronger than Berserker now, lmao. Why ?because Survivalist have SWAT armor,
damage decreased 25% and have heal skill can easy heal himself.
Skirmisher nerf
Of course no problem, because I often use it to reverse the situation, such as when all my teammates are killed and only me is left.
Vampire nerf
Same as above
I have no opinion on these two skills nerf, because at some point they are really too op.
Resistance, passive skill, and parry nerf
In general, this makes Berserker more vulnerable than Survivalist. You can't nerf Berserker's self-healing skills and damage decreased skills at the same time, because this will make Berserker as fragile as glass.
When a large number of SC, QP, FP attacks, even with the help of medical soldiers, the berserkers will die due to excessive damage.
I think only nerf treatment skills are enough, otherwise Berserker will become the weakest profession.
THEN
Berserker
Overall, I feel the nerfs kinda missed the mark a bit. Some minor survivability nerfs were in order, but not this much. If anything else, the tankiness should've shifted over more to blocking, but mostly parrying - it's the passive tankiness the perk had which can feel a little bit too "noobfriendly".

However, I feel the huge movespeed from Skirmisher is what makes the Berserker a "nooby soloist", while the tankiness is more what makes the perk useful for the team. The Berserker is now also more or less about as tanky as the Survivalist, which sounds like something is a bit off imo.

Also, I'm really surprised that the Parry-skill (can you just rename it to something else already btw? Like "Retaliation"? So it's less confusable with the actual mechanic of parrying?) was reduced in its timer so much, it feels aweful to use now (especially when it's often mainly used for the offensive boost, which makes it a really odd skill in the first place, imo). At least make it give some of its time back when you kill during the buff.

Also, Berserker still has unnecessarily huge melee damage bonuses: Compared to base melee weapons, a Smash-Berserker deals 3,075x more damage per hit on headshots - if you account attackspeed as well, you deal 3,69x the DPS of a base melee weapon. How is that EVER gonna let melee weapons work crossperk-wise? Melee weapons need to have most of their power baked into the very weapons instead, and Massacre+Smash changed up so they don't pidgeonhole us to use solely Light or Heavy attacks respectively (make them about headshot+stumble versus attackspeed instead, so it's about playstyle, rather than about what button to use).

TL;DR:
  • Slightly bring back a bit of the Berserker's tankiness, mostly baked into the parrying system (maybe some passive bonus?)
  • Lower the Berserker's movement speed on Skirmisher.
  • Bring back a better timer on Parry, and make kills during its timer give it back some of its duration.
  • Move over a lot of the melee power into the weapons themselves, rather than giving it so much from the skills, so melee crossperking can actually become a genuine thing.
EVEN A GUY WHO DON'T PLAY BERSERKER !

( i didn't anwser because it take a lot of word for almost nothing, but as i anwser CitronVert i will aslo anwser to you're both post Whiteeel with less word )

No the zerker is not a low dps, i kill a screake in 3 headshot, 7 for fleshpound with crovel lvl 4( almost all weapon can 3hit kill a screake, but some of them like ion-thuster are more hard to hit the head and also are useless against Fleshpound so i use the crovel to take them down both easy as my main job his to focus this zed, ( also because the Crovel uses a cut attack for fast hits that kill all little zeds in one shot, and a bump attack for heavy hits, that kill gorefirend sirens bloat in one shot , big zed need 3 and 7 as i say ) Quarterpound take 3/4headshot but it the only weakness of crovel : there are a lot everytime so i don't focus the head of one but i focus to hurt them all at once. You'r aslo right, a new berserker who never focus the head gonna hit 10time and more a screake before he die, so a fleshpound maybye 20 and more and make all big angry for his team, so when you meet this kind of berserker, people shouldn't be shy to kick him out the game or anwser him to take other perks, i do it everytime because on ps4, 90% of berserker play like that.

You'r wrong, a good Berserker is able to defend a spot alone without runing and also, without ion or Hemoclobber, you are also wrong on "Berserkers are forced to go solo" he can play in team, here i can prove both of that ( i take a ramdom stream i made 1 years ago where i only play crovel, and i make a discription on every move i made to one shot zeds/kill big before they hurt me once even fleshpound, there is some gameplay i do to defend the team and also last wave i go alone without help of any heal but Skirmisher on a spot, so you don't have to look all 2hours if you look the description) there is both gameplay, a "solo berserker" as you say but he still around his team, and the defend berserker on the next game of the stream here he gonna just put himself front of a door once the zed are close ( i've should take long range weapon because i was useless on this game with my crovel ) :

I end the first game with 882kill, 440headshoot and 40big zed dead when i was with the team and i'm the only one who die once, but if the berserker die first that normal, he tank.

The berserker don't need health regen if he have resistance, i've already play a game moded with 40 player and zed deal a lot more of damage ( some zed one shot dealing 100+damage ) i was still able to stay alive with a medic, the bonecrusher and Dreadnaught/vampire, so if he need to be nerf somewhere, he should be nerf on his damage, or health regen (like Skirmisher and vampire, those nerf is good ) and even Dreadnaugth should be nerf but ONLY if they put him back his 55% resistance with parry.

Also i add here i've more than 3500h+ on the ps4 game that why the berserker you see on the video ( if you look ) can't be killed/is to strong, some player on ps4 even called me cheater; 3years ago when lvl up weapon wasn't release, i've always stay alive all 10wave with only crovel lvl 0 and railgun lvl 0 to kill bloat and husk (but i was moving between 2/3 spot to have my health back with Skirmisher), and when i training on berserker, i even play only with knife to learn dodge so i got a HUGE training to make me one of the best berserker of the game, and you can see it that i'm not a liar because i give you a video above and another one with a knife at the end of the post to show you the kind of training i got, ALWAYS IN HELL ON EARTH ( add 871.2h on steam because i start on ps4 as you can see on the video with the knife )
As a KF2 player with 2200 hours, my berserker play time is not very long and is not as good as the powerful bullet classes like gunners, sharpshooters, support, etc.But my friends and I have never felt that the Berserker was too powerful. I'll explain it below.
First of all, Berserker is the only Perk in the game who has to deal close combat with his enemies almost the entire time, which makes him have to take more damage than any other Perk.Berserkers are also the only Perk to fight Zed on their own without losing health, which requires the perk to be able to regenerate itself continuously.
Now, with Firebug, SWAT, Survivalist and other Perk enhancements, all classes except Berserkers have the ability to defend an area on their own. Berserkers, due to their low DPS, are prone to being breached by monsters when defending areas independently. The Berserker's ability to cover an area is probably the last in the entire game, whether it's the ability to quickly kill groups of Little Zeds , or the ability to quickly kill large Zeds.
To compensate for the lack of output, Berserkers have unique survivability.This is where he draws players to play. While some players are poor and solo ruining the experience of other players, this is not because of berserkers' skills, but because of powerful weapons, such as Hemoclobber and ion-thruster. These weapons allow an unskilled Berserker to run around the map and stay alive, but they don't help them kill Large Zeds, which in turn causes those dangerous zeds to become enraged and kill their teammates, destroying their experience in the game.
Berserker skills have not been changed in 4 years, I don't think it is wise to nerf a class at this time.How about adding new enemies to the game to curb Berserker strengths and make the game more challenging and fun?
THIS BOTH PLAYER
So after actually finding a server with people on it, I can safely say that Survivalist is currently a better Berserker than Berserker.

Even if you ignore that the time it takes for a Zerker to get into his most optimal range can also be the time spent for every other perk to shoot a zed group dead, the nerfs to Vampire and Parry are severe enough where even if you time your parries correctly, you'll still get chewed up by mobs like you're made of paper. Meanwhile, Survivalist has SWAT's Heavy Armor Training as a passive, Medic Grenades for ≤15 block loadouts, 15% extra damage for ranged weapons and faster reload speeds based on his Level 5 skill choice, 90% extra damage for melee weapons via Melee Expert and the same level of damage resistance that a Zerk with the Resistance skill would have... as a passive. Yes, i know that a Berserker with Parry active has a higher damage resistance than the Survivalist, though the Survivalist more than makes up for it by having a gun to soften his targets before engaging in melee
AND HIM
I don't normally post things here, mostly because I have no desire to get wrapped up in an argument with people. But in the spirit of providing feedback--WHICH IS THE PURPOSE OF THESE EVENT PREVIEWS--I think it is important in this case. This is my opinion, which is no less valid than anyone else's. I am not posting this to incur anyone's ire, but to give additional feedback to Tripwire during this preview. I have over 4k hours in KF2, and have been playing since the initial preview release. I play all the perks, but probably Survivalist and Demolitionist the least.

There is one argument against the current Berserker nerf that is very persuasive for me: The Survivalist is now a better Berserker than the Berserker is. The Survivalist? Seriously? With that being the case, there is something SERIOUSLY WRONG here. The Berserker's primary role has always been to go toe-to-toe with the zeds using melee weapons. That is now not viable on HoE. Were they OP before? Perhaps, but this nerf goes too far. Forcing the Berserkers to play using ranged weapons almost exclusively to stay out of harm's way does not fit the role they are supposed to fill. There has to be a better way to do this.

I have seen pleas by others here for Tripwire to ignore people providing negative feedback on the recent changes. This is absurd. Tripwire has always presented itself as being heavily reliant on feedback from the players. That means ALL the players, even the ones who disagree with you. Everyone has an opinion, based on how they approach the game, what perks fit their play styles, etc. Suppressing them is not going to provide Tripwire with an accurate sense of how the changes are being received by the larger player base. Please, let's hear what everyone has to say.

So, that's my peace. I hope that Tripwire monitors these forums, as well as others, and gives fair hearing to opinions across the entire player base--mine and yours.

Thank you.
ALSO THE LAST POST BEFORE I WRITE THIS ONE
A suggestion I've made since the KF1 days; Let Berserker have higher damage resistance values but limit the resistance to melee damage only. Berserker becomes good at dealing with swarms of melee zeds and even dueling the heavies but has to be extra careful around Husks, Sirens, and etc. This makes the Berserker play more around using cover, requiring him to play more tactically and less brainlessly.
We are not like you how just say " no no that a good nerf " without saying why it a good nerf or why is not a good one, even people asking a nerf berserker on Steam say what kind of nerf they want, not you.
We are not all berserker as say Whiteeel, but we all say than the nerf is not going in the good way with Resistance reduce.
We all are explain like i do or Kentai_Hibiki why Skirmisher and Vampir are a good nerf, but not parry and his resistance.
We are all think the same thing that Vegaboy3 the berserker don't have the job of Tank the zed with this nerf.
We are all here to say like Flashn00b saying the survivalist is a better berserker than the berserker.
We are all saying like Studly the nerf making the berserker is no longer viable to play with melee on hell on earth.
We are all like Pie1055 how suggest to make the berserker more weak front of all kind of zed he can't parry like sirens, Bloat or husk.
Next i think the same as Aze, resistance should be more on the parring, making all the Berserker who never parry, die front of zed

IN FACT WE ALL SAY THE SAME THING.

We are all say the berserker can be nerf, BUT WE ALL SAID HE SHOULDN'T BE NERF ON HIS JOB ! MAKING HIM NO LONGER USEFULL IN MELEE, and if you read the wiki HIS UTILITY IN DPS AND JOB IS WITH MELEE WEAPON ! ( can you imagine if you take firebug or any perks, and a nerf making him usefull with only 4 of his 10weapon ? yea ? then that the same thing)

Sorry for the ping everyone but we all trying the berserker nerf and we think the same for most of us, this guy thinking the nerf is "execllent" so i want to show him and ALL people who think the berserker is good like this, they are wrong, it not because they don't play a perks, that any nerf or improvement on this perks worth it.

If there is such nerf on a perks like gunslinger/sharpshooter or any other perks EVEN firebug because i don't like firebug,( it the most easy perks of the game, if you don't belive me i can also show you why in a short gameplay ) that reduce the ability to make they job, i will be here to say the same thing, like Whiteeel do, he almost never play berserker but he see this nerf is broken and come here, same with Studly, he usualy don't post... even me if you look on my profil and my first post i was like "a nerf ? well ok let see that can be fun" in first place i don't even complaints about a nerf, because i thought he will deal less damage to zed like this i won't be able to 3shot a screake, but maybye 5hit and making the screake able to hurt me, because he is one of the best dps once you play it well and that not normal, but as the nerf remove him his job, and not his damage, i'm here and i reply to you.

You are the only one with Aze ( don't know if he play berserker ) thinking the duration of parry is maybye a lot, but if you play in melee, no matter what you fight if you didn't parry a gorefriend, crawler, clot or any zed, you always get hurt more, so if you stay front of zed when you defend you'r team, the duration is Always be back because you need to parry to keep you'r health.( its even the only really good nerf that shouldn't be remove of this beta because it push the player to parry a lot more, making him more safe, of course without his resistance he will still die and parry is not longer a way to play, dodge is a lot better if he won't have his 55% resistance )

if you think i've play too much berserker, you probably right, but that make me one of the best in the game and if a player who mastery the Berserker like me won't stay alive at least without Dreadnaught,vampir and a good medic or Hemoclobber if there is no medic, then this perk won't ever be used on hell on earth with melee. AND as the wiki and all good player know, a berserker with HRG Teslauncher or range weapon, is a bad berserker, ( vlad and eviserator is not that bad but people still us the eviserator like a long range weapon, if they got any training with it, they will see with 15/20 of ammo chainsaw and one of bullet they could kill a screake in 2sec, so every berserker playing that weapon without any training are just a noob )

Also i wanna REALLY WANT A VIDEO of you'r gameplay on the beta in hell on earth of course ( and maybye before the beta, as you want ) and i wanna know how many hour you have on this game ( add ps4, xbox and pc timer if you start on because i was on ps4 5years ago and i move to pc last 2 years ) i alsmot have 3500h on ps4 because this was the only game where you fight zombie with a good gameplay of melee weapon, and i have 871,2hour on steam so if you add this i have 4000H+ on the game, if you don't belive me go there a take a look on every speedrun i made ( the best one Farmhouse 5:21 and Ashwood 5:24 are only on my channel because no one beat my previous run ) : https://www.speedrun.com/killing_floor_2

Also the first world record i made when i was playing on ps4 like this you will see i'm not lying about i start years ago on ps4: https://www.speedrun.com/killing_floor_2/run/zp40eo8z

Here a video i made on ps4, i was training myslef to dodge better and cancel hit because i only use knife so it not parry a lot on hell on earth ( as you can see the game is a lot more hard on ps4, i have a lot of video to show everyone why the game is a lot harder on ps4 :i got gorefriend who one shot : 100 health down in one hit and the spawn of zed can be front of you or just on you'r back, for this one : once i join the game 4/4wave, in 1min i got 2fp and 3 screake on me alone when i deal with little zed, and i kill them all .) :

Here a screenshot, i defend my team in team play but they all die, let me end up last wave alone with crovel lvl 0 and railgun, as you can see a guy say "so when the boss comes just let Uranuim ( me ) kill it while we sit back and relax okey guys?" it also show you i didn't lie with the player named "AQUA BLUE" https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1681116173

Here the Video i share how a master like me play berserker, already share above for Whiteeel to show him the berserker can defend his team without be aways, as you can see there is still complaint about why i die, but they shouldn't complaints because i take 2xmore zed than the guy below me ( i say that to prove you, people complaint about only medic and berserker even when there are alive ).
: *edit , as the post show the video without looking the link, just look above and you will see a video named Killing floor 2 4000h+ perk berserker*

And here the stream i start on the beta and i get kill twice once with a random player :
( this stream that make me move to dreadnaught and vampire with hemoclebber once with people, usualy i never use this both skill because that make the berserker a unkillable perks before the beta, when any good berserker like me play this both skills he can't die and if you don't belive that, i can also make a video before the beta where i use both of them )
When you say "At least now people have to actually know what they're doing and not be carried by the resistance bonus" that mean all melee will die, i'm a good berserker and i know what i do when i fight a Fleshpound, screake or 2 husk like the video before the beta, but even with all the knowlege i have, i won't survive as you can see on the video beta without hemoclobber/dreadnaught/vampire, a weapon and skill i usualy never use. If his resistance is the same as the survivalist, then i will play firebug, because i will still eat all little zed, and like him i can still can keep the big zed aways from my team with microwave gun, like the berserker do even before the nerf, but without taking any damage.

If the berserker have his 55%resistance back with parry, Dreadnaught should be reduce but without it.

Now every perks is better than the berserker melee (i'm talking about any normal berserker, me i will still learn how to deal with this nerf, because i just enjoy playing melee and i'll probably die like a casual player ) even Demolitionist, this is first perk who need help to defend him but if you stay melee berserker, you will not kill faster and as much zed than him before die, so better take Demo and not a berserker melee, that what the nerf do.

I share all this link to show that i'm a master of this game, if you don't belive me then look those video/link, and as a master of this game and the master of this perks, i know that you say is "wrong" ( i want say Bullsh*t but i don't know if it alowed so i say "wrong" ) and you are one of this people i speak my post before, just a guy who don't want see any berserker on the game anymore. ( or if you are a berserker, you playing long range then you don't care of the nerf and you shouldn't be playing berserker, i can say you take it only because you are not able to stay alive in team or without his health regen and speed, i know that because you've say 3 perks you play the most and this 3perks is usualy the last one alive, Medic,Gunslinger,and then Berserker.)

(once again i say it and the wiki too "Your main forte is melee weapons" this nerf, is a nerf for his melee weapon, that push the only perk with melee weapon at range weapon like his 9other perk on hell in earth )

And if someone read this who only play sucidal or less, you don't know what look like a Hell in earth game, so i understand you found this nerf good, we all talking about a nerf on hell in earth so if you play in hell on earth in the beta, you will see the berserker that "never die", will die more fast than any perks if he play melee, and if a Berserker play with range weapon, he gonna run.

So please go ahead and show us how good do you use the melee berserker without healing of hemoclobber/medic/without runing and stay in spot CitronVerts because only weak player/team run or need hemoclobber to heal themself, and don't forget to use the beta because as i share a stream where i destroy the game before it with 6player, i also show a stream where i get kill by any kind of zed once on a beta with only one player. you can even stay in the map i try the beta : Bruning paris.
If you don't make a video i understand that you are less strong than me or other good berserker like some player here, but as you say "I'm a zerk player, probably with 2x more hours than most people complaining here" so you don't afraid to show us you'r skill right ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Soundwave9747
Upvote 0
So please go ahead and show us how good do you use the melee berserker without healing of hemoclobber/medic/without runing and stay in spot CitronVerts because only weak player/team run or need hemoclobber to heal themself, and don't forget to use the beta because as i share a stream where i destroy the game before it with 6player, i also show a stream where i get kill by any kind of zed once on a beta with only one player. you can even stay in the map i try the beta : Bruning paris.
If you don't make a video i understand that you are less strong than me or other good berserker like some player here, but as you say "I'm a zerk player, probably with 2x more hours than most people complaining here" so you don't afraid to show us you'r skill right ?

What a huge wall of text. They really hit the nerve here, didn't they.

Anyway, aren't you a guy, who does "speedruns" for KF2 and insists that it's some kind of achievement, even after being pointed to facts that KF2 isn't speedrun friendly because of the random nature of spawns volumes used, zed type spawns and trader locations? Therefore, most of what the time records show is that someone had weak spawns, close spawns and close traders?

I think you are a pretty typical "zerk main" I previously referred to, who barely plays other perks and doesn't care about the game balance in the slightest, as long as his beloved perk stays overpowered, as the quoted words above demonstrate.

Like, you suggest your opponent to do the challenge, that, even if proved that you are right, just shows that yeah, the zerk isn't flawless and still can lose. But what you kept being told here is it does NOT matter, because the reason for the nerf is the zerk can lose with lower probability than any other perk (except maybe medic) because the perk is stronger than other perks. What's so hard to grasp here? Yes, zerk has weaknesses! Duh! But other perks have more and more profound weaknesses!

And, can you clarify the conditions for your challenge? E.g. if I don't kite as a melee zerk on beta HoE on Burning Paris for 10 waves -- does it count? If so, consider that the challenge is accepted.

Upvote 0
we are not only say "this nerf are excellent" like you, we say why its too much, why this skill or passif shouldn't be nerf or other skills should be nerf.
Yes I did say why the nerf is good, it's good because before the zerk was too forgiving. I don't feel like I need to detail this more, because 1) from my experience this is pretty common knowledge among HoE players, 2) TWI has run a poll which also concluded it was the case, and 3) every friend that I play with agrees medic/zerk deserves a significant nerf, and it has even become a meme among us of how bad a zerk/medic must be when they die first.

I'm not interested in writing an essay on why zerk needs a nerf, because it is a non-productive debate, TWI doesn't publish stats, so I won't be able to provide objective, factual data that this nerf is needed, and you'll always be able to come with non-refutable arguments, like when you say "zerk can only go ranged now" or "survivalist is better than zerk in melee". If TWI wants to know the truth - the only definite way would be to capture stats, and I have not a single doubt that it would show medic and zerk at top in almost everything, pickrate, winrate, number of waves survived and maybe even damage dealt.

Also you are the only one here bring us a "the berserker nerf is execllent" without saying why the nerf is good for you...
We are not like you how just say " no no that a good nerf " without saying why it a good nerf or why is not a good one, even people asking a nerf berserker on Steam say what kind of nerf t

First of all, there are people who agree with nerf on the 1st page of this thread, and I've seen many people approve the nerf on Reddit, Youtube, and in fact TWI made the nerf after a COMMUNITY SURVEY. Again, I don't feel the need of writing an essay in these circumstances.

Regarding the posts in this thread, well, half of them contain blatantly ridiculous arguments like "a crawler now does 30 hp to zerk", you quoting some wiki sentences that were absolutely not written for balance purposes, or "only non-zerk wanted the nerfs". I could use half of your own arguments against you, saying for example, that only zerk one-tricks are against the nerf, you being the prime example with 3500 hours and seemingly only playing zerk.

The other half of the posts which criticize the nerfs are good feedback, I actually agree with the changes/analysis, and have no doubt a compromise will be found (maybe after a few patches). Doesn't mean I can't say the initial nerfs are excellent. I still think they are. And if they aren't, we can always change our feedback after the patch. Zerk is still top 3 imo so it's not like the game is now unplayable for zerk one-tricks. It is always more playable than Firebug and SWATs.

I don't think it's worth my time recording gameplay just to prove you that zerk is still viable, even if I would, you've already given five different excuses for why you'd reject it, apparently it's not valid if I play with hemoclobber, or Ion thruster, or run too much around the map, or have a medic, but tell me, does the nerf prevent you to do this? Shouldn't I conclude from your phrasing, that you admittedly know zerk still is
viable in these circumstances? You claim Demo is now a better class than Zerk, so go ahead and show me your Demo gameplay where you beat 6p HoE staying in one spot, without running, without medic, since apparently that is the standard benchmark procedure to tell whether a class is good or not.

I KNOW THAT because you talk about a nerf that bring the berserker to melee BUT if you play melee YOU ALWAYS get hurt EVERYTIME nerf or not, so you have to parry almost everytime ! I mastery the melee berserker don't you DARE tell me you never parry any zed once in melee, if you don't parry a crawler but hurt him he can still deal 10 health damage, 20 if you miss the hit ! and as i say before you never fight only one zed !
Yes I "dare" telling you (wtf...), in the current live iteration of the zerk, I can play with Ion Thruster + Resistance and never parry anything except FPs, and reliably solo any wave, without buying armor, and probably without even going below 40 hp.

If I'm allowed Parry+Hemoclobber, I could probably do something like this:

TL;DR: For everyone who wants to know the state of zerk before the nerf, please click the video above, the clip lasts 15 sec. ^

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I usually don't like getting involved with debate topics/arguments, but this being an important change to the gameplay experience for everyone... I felt like I should give my 2 cents worth/perspective on the situation. However, before I do... I wanna mention that I've been really enjoying and loving this update and all of the content it brought and as of me writing this I have 3,245+ hours and counting.

Now, that aside... Let me first clarify, I don't always play berserker. I usually do for: a daily (perk xp/weapon for that perk), when I need to take my frustration out on something, or when I just feel like whacking/beating a zed to a pulp. I'm going to be splitting this first bit into two categories... The "Pro Nerf" and "Anti Nerf" and give my perspectives on the two.

Pro Nerf - I've come across many games from Hard, Suicidal, and even HOE where perk abused the zerks' resistances. In many games, I've seen people play as a different perk (like support, demo, etc) and they ended up dying during the wave. Once the wave was completed, they would change over to zerk because they were tired of dying. A more specific instance of this was when I played HOE with a friend to help them get an achievement. They hardly ever played HOE and only did solo as a zerk for the achievements, but since we played a multiplayer game, they tried playing a different perk (SWAT). They ended up dying every single wave up to wave 3/7 before they said, "F-ck it, I'm going zerk." Hell... I remember a time where I ran into a player that was trying to level up Support on a hard game, but every boss fight we went into... They immediately changed to zerk, but kept their Support loadout. After this went on for 2-3 games I asked them, "Why do you keep changing to zerk...?" They replied, "Oh. Because I don't wanna die! The health regen and resistances help!" -Insert facepalm here...- So much for leveling up Support and learning to play the perk more efficiently... Lastly, on countless occasions when we ended having an Abomination boss where the zerk would just stand there and whack at the boss (some with some strafing) with or without a medic and they just eat up all of the damage. Yes it's the zerk's job to be a tank, but the other bosses have some countermeasures, primarily knockback. The only real form of knock back the Abom has is the axe swing (which it doesn't usually resort to using over its bile attacks) and its belly hump attack on Suicidal + HOE. It also is another reason why the Abomination has been always seen as a joke boss/easy win of the 5. One final thing that always drives me nuts is how the majority of people who played zerk NEVER use the parry/block ability of most of the zerk weapons... They just use the resistance skill and fully rely on their resistances to carry them through a game. Even if one uses the resistance skill over the parry skill, the parry/block functionality is still an invaluable tool for being able to reduce damage and, sadly, a lot of people don't bother with it... Mind you, this is all without the Hemoclobber being exploited and added in the equation. It only gets worse when it does with...

Anti Nerf - Now on the flip-side. Like I mentioned before the zerk's job is to be a tank/able to eat damage that the other perks wouldn't be able to withstand. While yes, the zerk can have just as much if not potentially more global damage resistance vs the survivalist and even still being the most resistant to sonic damage, etc. Though the zerk, without careful tactics and awareness, can still very well die like any other perk. While the nerfs did bring it more in-line with the other perks per say... The zerk ended up losing their job as a tank as they aren't able to tank a boss as much, let alone recover as quickly. Both without the assistance of a medic or even heals from other teammates. I mean, sure, it's still possible to play through Suicidal and HOE with melee weapons, but it takes a whole lot more effort and kiting to do and makes it even more of a chore to do on multiplayer. It's not quite as fun as the perk used to be and makes it harder for the zerk to be able to take hits from the bigger zeds for the team, especially when the zerk has to run for their own life and try to regain their health before being able to do it again. This hinders the Zerk's primary job of being a tank less and less doable without assistance from the team (even then it makes it a chore).

Now that I have that bit out of the way, I'd like to give my insight to the skill changes more specifically

The Passive Global Damage reduction - Honestly I don't think it was necessary to even touch this, I feel like reverting it back from 10% to 15% would be solid.

Skirmisher - YES! As someone who always runs (no pun intended...) with the Skirmisher skill, this was a necessary change. There were plenty of moments where I was able to regain most, if not all, of my health back by just running away/not being touched in any way without the need to ever heal myself. Now if one were to so much as get lit on fire or ever vomited on, the health regen just stagnates the damage. Meaning it counters the damage overtime those effects give, but doesn't out heal it and give you health back, leaving you at a stagnated amount of health without other heal sources. This honestly helps bring it more in-line with the Dreadnaught skill. Giving the option to be more of a tank for the team or become more independent without completely relying on the passive heal.

Vampire - To be honest... I never use this skill as I always found the extra damage output to be far better when dealing with the larger zeds, but I can definitely see the nerf helping make the zerk less exploitable with their survivability.

Resistance - I'll come right out and say it, I usually like using this skill over parry since it isn't as situational. However I do also try to utilize the parry/block in order to help tank more hits, especially the bigger hits from large zeds and bosses. The ideal intention for this skill is the less risky/those who try to focus more on tanking the damage while focusing on trying to hit and kill the smaller zeds, especially against sirens and bloats, which normal don't have their attacks parried (the bloat's bile/vomit and the siren's screams). Considering the ideal trade-off for this skill versus Parry is you get a permanent and stagnant damage reduction (also bile doesn't completely gunk your screen and get the alpha crawler gas screen effect instead), no questions asked vs Parry which requires you to input the effort of timing a parry off of an attack (more about it later...). Though, I do feel it was nerfed just a bit too much now for the purpose of being able to shrug off damage and be a tank. My suggestion would be to revert the damage reductions of resistance back to 20% global and 20% poison + sonic damage (how it was before the Dystopian Devastation update).

Parry - Despite me not using this skill too much, I have tried using it a few times (before and after the nerf). The fact that you would get both extra damage AND resistance upon a successful parry would definitely make this a "no brainer" for some. In comparison to Resistance, this is more situational and goes several different ways. First, you're up against a land zed and parry the attacks, which makes you much tanker against all damage while also substantially increasing damage output as well. Second, you could try activating the skill while being overrun and murder everything. Third, could be up against a group of zeds, but unable to time a good parry and fail to trigger the skill. Fourth, there are no zeds nearby because your teammates keep killing the zeds that you're trying to trigger it off with. It's definitely a big risk, big reward type of skill. Of course, it's honestly too good of a trade off. I feel like reducing the duration from 10 seconds to 6 seconds was solid, you can just re-parry off an attack and 6 seconds is long enough to put some hurt on a large zed/boss. Although, I do feel like the nerf was necessary to the damage reduction as well. Remember… they would also get massively ramped up melee damage as well along with this resistance bonus on a successful parry.

While, I admit that the resistances were necessary to a degree… the main issue is a weapon that zerks have access to. A weapon that had a fun intention behind it to be exploited. Yes… dare I say it…

The Hemoclobber - a fun weapon that was meant to be another means for the zerk to be able to heal teammates while killing trash and the medic to have the same ability along with a great parrying tool that got turned into an annoying, exploited, survivability tool. The amount of zerks I would see running around with this thing is just mind boggling to me. If I had a quarter for everyone I saw… I could probably retire. Don't get me wrong though… There are people who actually use this thing properly (heal teammates with it and kill trash). Sadly, there are people who treat it like a crutch by only using it to heal themselves. There are players out there who only ever use the heavy swing to keep themselves alive, but if a teammate gets hurt… god forbid some of them to come over and heal you with it. Sometimes I wonder if they even realize that the light swing heals teammates just like the healing darts… On top of that, a lot of them will see a scrake (or worse… a group of them), run up to them and perform the heavy swing, thinking that'll learn em or something. Next thing you know, they got 10 enraged scrakes chasing after them and bring them over to the teammates for help would may or may not already be getting overwhelmed (while either being a team player and staying to finish the job they started or go running off to kill something else or repeat the process) or worse yet, the griefers, will lure all of them to people and have them die. Funny enough, ever since the nerfs…I’ve noticed a significant increase in Hemoclobber users. The exact opposite of what some of the people complaining about zerk being overpowered came out of this.

So there are two huge issues with the Hemoclobber. One, the self heal ability being exploitable. Two, the high poison rate/damage of it. If these two issues could be addressed, I feel like a lot of the issues the people are complaining about the weapon (let alone zerk) would feel better about it. Of course the first thing that could be done would be to remove the self heal (that would probably be the easiest). Other’s make the argument that the self-heal capabilities should be more limited, such as having less heal-splosions and/or having it heal less. As for the poison damage… Even when it was first added I thought it was too high and too easy to make Scrakes and Fleshpounds panic (and even worse, enraged).

Conclusion - Overall, I can see why people wanted the Berserker to be nerfed, but also why people are upset about the nerfs as well. While I think the Skirmisher and Vampire skills definitely needed some ramping down with the health gain effects. The resistances for Parry were fair, though the resistances for Resistance are a little weak for what it's purpose is suppose to be for, which is a meat shield. Also think that the passive bonus for global resistance wasn't completely necessary either. Though the global damage reduction would still be lower than resistance that the Parry skill would provide total (15% passive + 20% passive from Resistance = 35% vs 15% passive + 25% resistance from a successful parry = 40%). However, the true enemy of this discussion, to be honest, is the Hemoclobber. While I think the light swings to heal teammates and the Medic getting a parrying tool is perfect, it’s the heavy swing heal-splosion that needs some serious rework and that gives the Hemoclobber its infamous reputation.

Also, for the record. I like using, as a melee weapon, either the: Ion Thruster, Bone Crusher, (and even from time to time) the Static Strikers, Zweihander and Battle Axe. As well as using, as a ranged weapon to go with, is either: the Nail Gun or Frost Fang.

P.S. Sorry for the wall of text, but I wanted to explain some of my reasons for why I thought of the changes as I did. Again, I don't play a ton of zerk, but on the occasion I do. So take my feed back with a grain of salt, I'm just throwing some ideas out there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So, I decided to try and upload some zerk beta gameplay.

I encourage everyone to take a look.

This is me winning 9/10 and 10/10 wave HoE with crovel only.

Challenges:​

- Crovel only to compensate for the offline mode benefits.
- I allowed myself to kite, but only in a small zone around the metro.
- I used skirmisher and resistance, not even parry.
- I got several combinations of difficult enemies: including 1 raged scrake+2 EDAR Trappers, multiple FPs + spawnraged MFPs.
- I screwed up once and barely survived (18 HP), due to the 2 EDARs and arguably poor decision making, I should have used EMP as soon as I saw the EDARs, but I decided to save the grenades for wave 10.

Conclusion:

In my opinion, TWI should go ahead with the nerf.

This video shows that is still not particularly hard for a kiting zerk to solo 10/10 wave with any weapon, even with big mistakes and aggressive play. This video also disproves the claims that zerk has to play ranged, or that zerk can only be played with hemoclobber.

In fact, ironically, I am quite sure zerk will remain top tier after the nerf.

I initially thought that some compromises should be found to accommodate for the community outcry, but after playing it, I stand by my position that the nerf is right, and that TWI should not give in to the pressure. Unfortunately, it seems to me that 90% of zerk mains just behave unreasonably to the nerf, because they don't know what makes this class so strong, and were carried by the resistance bonus before.

What I would like to see changed:

- Do not give in to the pressure, the nerf is right.
- Additional nerfs should be applied to zerk+hemoclobber. (keeping in mind hemclobber's self-heal is important for other classes)
- Rather than endlessly nerfing zerk/medic, new mechanics could be introduced to make kiting harder, eg. FP stacking damage. That would make zerk/medic easier to balance without ruining the classes for the casual community.
- Revert the parry duration back to 10 sec, I feel like Parry is too inconsistent now to bother not taking Resistance, and imo, that's not right, we should aim at Parry being the unquestionably better skill for good players.

TL;DR: fair nerf, good zerks will still dominate, and HoE is still a joke.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spoke
Upvote 0
I'm tired of this same reply.
o2xVc3UuXp0NyBihrUnu :
I think you are a pretty typical "zerk main" I previously referred to, who barely plays other perks and doesn't care about the game balance in the slightest, as long as his beloved perk stays overpowered, as the quoted words above demonstrate.

Ok so you say i'm playing only zerk and i only want him overpowered : NO if you read it again, i say like some other people ; Skirmisher and vampire are good nerf, but reduce is resistance making this perk useless in melee, we never say it will useless with range weapon, that's all ( i still think a long range berserker is less usefull that any other perks ) and if they put back his 55%resistance, they should nerf dreadnaught too because if any good player play Dreadnaught/vampire he will never die, and that why i never use this perks ( but the beta make play this both skill )

Also i prove you here that i'm not playing only berserker as you can see on my gameplay of all perks ( when i play Kriss SMG : i know only 4headshot is needed to kill gorefirend, so you see i'm not using more than 4 ammo, that not making me a "only berserker" and it the same for other perks i use on the video )
i don't use medic or berserker inside.

You'r right, now the game with this beta is well balanced because the berserker without "parry" skill will take as much than the suvivalist, so there is no more melee gameplay, so the berserker will still avoid the melee like every perks if he don't play hemoclobber or vampire making him like any other perks so i guess we can say it well balanced.
*Joke Time*
That also well-balance to see the Filed Medic fight 2fleshpound and 2screake mano-a-mano without dying, making him the tank, the dps and the healer, or the firebug kill every zed once he put himself on a corner of the map without moving and kill all zed he meet without dying... well-balanced as you say yea.... (Look the video at the end of the post, you will understand why i say that)

About the speedrun, i know the game ins't made for speedrun i've already talk about that with a another guy who do speedrun, i show you that because if a player beat a 4wave in 7min, and other one in 20min, then you know the guy with 7min play a lot better than the other guy. ( if they use the same perk, i've already see a medic alone in 7wave take 2hours so i don't think its was the best player ) so i share that to show that i'm not a random player who just like the berserker.

The challenge i was speaking for citronverts was playing a 10wave with people, without medic, without vampire, without hemoclobber, staying in a spot and taking a whole path of zed on the beta, like i do on my first and next try of the stream on bruning paris with a guy, i was staying in melee like this the commando stay alive ( once i'm dead, the commando die the minute later because i'm not here to keep the zed aways anymore on our both try ) that gonna push people to play with vampire or only hemoclobber if they want a little fight in melee. Also if the berserker play alone (without people so in offline mode or a server without any player yet ) of course he can stay alive without hemoclobber and vampire, he can move a bit to dodge or even run aways, no team so no reason to stay in a spot and die if he can't defend the spot alone.

CitronVerts

( i almost want to write in french for this next step of reply because you'r name is french )

"zerk was too forgiving" i still don't know how many hour you have, but if you play from the start then you remember than the berserker wasn't the most powerfull perks before TripWireInteractive release the hemoclobber, my own experience before this weapon is here, almost every berserker playing in team and take most of big zed for the team, like this they don't have to run. ( on ps4, when i've start on pc the hemoclobber was release so i don't know )

"I have not a single doubt that it would show medic and zerk at top in almost everything" because this both perks don't need any training to be good like the firebug or demolitionist, but medic heal a lot more and berserker have regen and resistance so they use those perks, and if a player start with support on hell in earth he gonna die more fast than a berserker, so that support gonna take berserker even if he don't play him and then increase stat.

you say "non-refutable arguments"

"zerk can only go ranged now" i'm wrong, i try the beta a little bit more and i can saftly say than the berserker need Vampire or Hemoclobber to do melee, but if he be played by any player without any training in parry/dodge, i'm pretty sure he'll die.

"Survivalist is a a better berserker than the berserker" *laught* Keep reading and i'll show you why.

"in fact TWI made the nerf after a COMMUNITY SURVEY" dude...look the post above, Whiteeel say what kind of berserker he meet, also me and you found the same berserker that run everytime with hemoclobber, put angry all big zed and let them deal with the team, so if you ask any player who only meet those kind of berserker to improve the gameplay of the game, they gonna say "nerf the berserker", even if they are not playing the berserker ( and almost all berserker i found play like that, runing aways making his team deal with big once the zerker put them angry, even the last berserker i play with was like that and we all die because he don't take the big zed when he have 100%health )

"It is always more playable than Firebug and SWATs." on this part you say most of reply are good one, not that good (at least here) because everyone have a diffrent opinion, i think they should bring back resistance with parry when someone found the skill vampire nerfed too much (but i found him good) but the only nerf right now that make the berserker less usefull is his resistance ( they even can bring more resistance with parry systeme, like this any berserker that not parry once in melee will get hurt the same amound of damage than the survivalist or even less. )
I also laught here because "it more playable than firebug" same as above, keep reading until the link. and i think the Swat more playable than berserker on the beta, because i try it both and the only one who need more space because his health lower everytime he kill, is the melee berserker, but that my opinion because i've play it both today.

"does the nerf prevent you to do this? Shouldn't I conclude from your phrasing, that you admittedly know zerk still isviable in these circumstances?"
Yes is viable and I will take the sentence said by Dudmaster "This hinders the Zerk's primary job of being a tank less and less doable without assistance from the team (even then it makes it a chore)" he say even then it makes it a chore, that mean if you play in team you can (not alawys) be more useless that the worse player because you'r team have to carry you.
Thanks you Dudmaster because you bring the good word where I can't explain it correctly (because i'm French and i don't know all word in English ) That funny because he post when i write this post so all the video i will share are made before i see his post, but it usefull and it show the same "enemy" as he say ;) .

"You claim Demo is now a better class than Zerk, so go ahead and show me your Demo gameplay where you beat 6p HoE staying in one spot, without running, without medic, since apparently that is the standard benchmark procedure to tell whether a class is good or not."
No problem, tell me how i spawn 5bot player in offline like this i will have the same amound of zed than 6player and they all gonna hurt more, because it gonna take a some of time to meet a team like this on random server. If you want you can take a look on my channel and see a video i share where i only play demolitionist, staying in the same spot without runing aways, no healing before the wave end, but it 4wave because right now there is 10am and i didn't sleep yet so i don't really wanna play a 10wave. With his gameplay of HX25 Grenade Pistol and HGR kaboomstick, that make him a good perk that beat the berserker beta, the demo with this weapon can fight everything alone without dying ( if he is alone in the game, i didn't try with people yet ) I've see this today because i almost never play Demolitionist, his gameplay are really poor , aim , shoot and kill all zed, reload, aim, shoot and kill all zed, like the firebug.
Also, no it not a standard to say if a class is good or not xD but that show if the player on the game is good, when i join a game where i see StripSteve/AQUA BLUE/Stigma/Plgc and other good player, i know we don't need to move to stay alive, we are enought good to kill every zed that come to us, so if you move, you don't have a good team or you'r total damage of the team is not enought to kill all zeds coming, so if all the team are able to keep all zeds aways of the spot, medic and berserker are not a nessary perks and become the less usefull because medic is not a good dps and the berserker gonna fight a melee where there is no need because the zeds are too far aways.

"Yes I "dare" telling you (wtf...), in the current live iteration of the zerk, I can play with Ion Thruster + Resistance and never parry anything except FPs"
Really ? That mean when you fight a fleshpound you never get hurt by zed around ?( i don't talk about screake because ion thruster is the only weapon that allow any noob berserker to kill him before the screake have the time to hurt anybody, without focus the head, i know it i because i play with this weapon too when i get tired of making headshot in melee ) when you fight any big zed when you are on a spot alone or with team you never have any zed on you'r back or corner of you'r screen ? that mean you always fight when you have a wall on you'r back or you only with vampire/Hemoclobber like this no matter what you fight until you'r kill or hurt a thing nothing can stop you so you. (and if you do that on beta you will see this is the only way to play melee with people)
*Edit because you show us you'r gameplay : haaaa i see, you'r not even standing behind a wall, you only hit and run everywhere like a headless chiken, ok now i know you'r the kind of player how gonna run if he is with team. this is not even a dodge that you make, it only a run back but don't worry i can teach you some tips :p

And then you show us this.... "If I'm allowed Parry+Hemoclobber, I could probably do something like this" if i remove the hemoclobber, you can't do that, maybye with a bit of luck you can with vampire before the beta, but the player never do that in multiplayer, because the only have half of the heal with the syringe and some zed have damage increase so if people do that, they die in wave 3/10, so that kind of gameplay you never see it once with people.
Also i say with a lot of luck because that take a lot of try to make a video like this as you can see he is almost dead on the video after meeting only one husk, if he will found 3 blaster edar and no zed to take they shoot, he will be dead, same with bloat/sirens, i know it because that zed kill me even when i move when i try to beat a map before 7min.
The hemoclobber is the weapon that allow every perk or new player to stay alive everywhere and everytime, you don't belive me ? look the video of the Medic or Survivalist :

So what you say is.... (*joke time* i have hope ?)

If a perks can do a corner challenge, he is broken ? he is overpowered ?

So keep in mind the berserker is here to deal with zeds mano-a-mano with melee that why he have a increase resistance and can stay front of zed more time than other perks before dying.

Now i will show you 4 video with all of them, a particular stupid song because no one play killing floor 2 like that (remove the song from youtube if you don't like it). It also a special challenge, i move when this is the end of the wave because the last zeds will never gonna kill me and most of them are slow. I make them in the beta :

NO NEED TO KEEP TALKING ABOUT IF TH BERSERKER IS STILL A TANK OR NOT, TAKE A LOOK AND YOU WILL SEE ( and if you don't belive me go ahead and try with all this perks )

A firebug doing the corner challenge but this time on 3path for zed, like this they can eat me up more easly, but i stay alive without the hemoclobber because i have huge dps with every zed so i kill them in 6sec even Fleshpound ( i move only when a edar shoot me, i also move for patriach because the firebug don't have a health regen/heal with weapon or gernade or even parry, but as you will see i don't move far aways ) he is better than the berserker beta WHY ? because he push zed so he is not hurt, little zed die before they also hurt him, if he is played by a main firebug, this corner is nothing to handle and this main firebug shouldn't take as much as me ( remember what you say ? if was only a zerker i shouldn't be able to beat this corner challenge, and same, look at the first video on the first part, i'll play all perks. even if the firebug is one i hate the most after gunslinger )
FIRBUG MORE STRONG THAN THE BERSERKER

A survivalist doing the corner challenge who use his grenade and only ONE stupid weapon and stay alive front of 2 fleshpound and 2screake, he is also better than the berserker WHY ? because he got a healing gernade that also poison little so he is not distubed when he reload the Hemoclobber, when the berserker reload, he is weak and take all damage that also why i never use melee weapon with ammo.( no little zed around beceause the healing grenade poison them so they run, i also move for edar and husk this time, when the patriach come i move to put c4 and next when he come back i put myslef in the corner and you see i stay until i reload so i'll move, i even fall at 1health... )
SURVIVALIST MORE BERSERKER THAN THE BERSERKER

I try with the Swat because we have talked about the swat and the survivalist who be more berserker, but the game keep sending me 4/6husk at every wave 2 so any perks can't stay alive with hemoclobber front of this even berserker or medic so i gave up.

I even do the corner challenge with demolitionist... but that was easy i have to say... ( i only move for c4 and then put myslef back in the corner )
a demolitionnist because... well that was easy.

Now of course, because i want to see the perk who gonna remplace the berserker as tank, THE FIELD MEDIC ! he is a better berserker than , the berserker of course, and i think don't need to say why when you see him get stuck by 2fleshpound and 2screake and it take 30sec to kill them, my life fall 15 at 5 but still heal and then i can't die because of his 60%resistance where the berserker nerf have 35%max and the no-nerf have 55% ( i also move for edar and husk, but i stay front of the patriach all time when he don't run, i didn't buy at the last trader so i need ammo... )
FIELD MEDIC MORE TANKINESS THAN EVERY PERKS
It my favorite game and it make my day, even the last screake look at me without hurt me when i kill his Fleshpound friend, he was saying "no way... you'r not supose to be alive ... HOW !" and then he try to hurt me but ... xD he can't do anything, look his face at 8:30.

NOW dear friend who still doubt of it, i ask you to take a look here, because if you play with team , it the same gameplay with a lot more space but if you walk back, you'r team can be hurt: as you can see once there is big, the weak berserker die.
THE BERSERKER HEMOCLOBBER ( fail )
This is, the berserker with the corner challenge ( i even got 2 video but i only show you one, the other is on my channel and i don't use hemoclobber or vampire, but only ion thruster, its also a fail even if i kill all big zed ) ... as you can see with the hemoclobber, i stay alive until wave 4, the wave 4start i kill 8 zed, i have 93health and 68armor when 2fleshpound and 2 screake spawn front of me ( like they also spawn on survivalist, medic, firebug and Demo challenge ) and this 2 fleshpound and 2 screake kill me by themself, no husk , no bloat, no sirens like the firebug got when he fight them. And the firebug have this big zed once he don't have armor... If i will have vampire i will be alive ( also alive if the parry work on the last 2 hit of the fleshpound ). So that mean, the berserker have to play with hemoclobber, and vampire, to have the same survivability than the firebug in a corner of the map !..... The firebug ! The firebug that don't have ANY heal like the other perks that his own syringe, he don't even have a parry !...
So now, you didn't think that nerf is broken ? You didn't think the survivalist is better berserker than the berserker cause he have healing grenade and not the zerker ? you didn't think the medic is a LOT more broken than any berserker with or without nerf ? you didn't think the firebug is also broken because he kill more fast and also every zed he see than any other perks ? you didn't think the Hemoclobber is the best weapon OR the worse one ? ( because even in multiplayer you can see a support or swat with the hemoclobber, i even see a firebug prestige 5 with this healing weapon )
I don't even like the firebug but I still show how stronger he is than the berserker once in melee, and i also show you the demo, so now you have the prove.

Anyway if you don't belive me with the corner then you can try it even without the beta, on the same corner i use, dodge to husk and edar like me, do what you want and see by yourself.

The Hemoclobber
i reply only to both of the player above, but as i say, Dudmaster post when i write my own post so i want thanks him because what he say is perfect with what i show you, without the self healing of the hemoclobber, the berserker that go alone will be back in the teamplay, same with survivalist or any perk that use that weapon to heal themself. Tripwire can remove his bonus damage passive, also reduce his bonus damage on parry, but remove the berserker his tank job gonna push player to take other perks like Field medic if they want play in melee without any trouble like the no-nerf berserker do, because if they have to play in melee they have to take the hemoclobber, and if they see 60%damage reduce on the field medic who also play hemoclobber, where the berserker on beta have now only 25%35% or10% if the player don't parry, they gonna play the perk where they can stay alive easly to defend they team, and it the medic. with his grenade and the hemoclobber.

Upvote 0
Have you seen my video just above your message? You said I wouldn't be able to play zerk in melee without hemoclobber, turns out, I did.

And not only I did, but I set myself a few handicaps.

But the most ironic part: after asking everyone to upload a gameplay without hemoclobber, you uploaded one with hemoclobber YOURSELF, to show that survivalist is supposedly OP...

Upvote 0
The damage reduction could be bump up a bit (not to the same state from before the nerf).
The alternative option is (as pie 1055 said) to have higher resistance for using melee weapons only.
Another alternative option is to have higher resistance while remaining stationary (which means bonus is gone when you start sprinting).
But in fact they should nerf the hemocloober self healing or remove it completly cus this is the real devil in this equation.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry for double post but i have nothing left to say after that because i prove every point i wanna show : the medic/firebug/survivalist is better berserker than the berserker, the nerf should be on his damage and not his resistance and i'm also tired of speak and say the same thing on every post so this is the last word:

the nerf make the berserker weaker on melee so if a player play in long range with vlad or other, this nerf don't impact his gameplay because he is not close to zeds. This gonna make the normal berserker runing aways for his life once in multiplayer if he don't play with the skill vampire or the weapon Hemoclobber, if people ask a nerf about how much berserker stay alive in 6player, this is gonna be worse for the next step in multiplayer because all player that don't know playing the new berserker gonna just run,
If the berserker don't play with this perk or weapon, that make him like say Dubmaster "This hinders the Zerk's primary job of being a tank less and less doable without assistance from the team (even then it makes it a chore)" so that mean this berserker that not know playing gonna make his team die ( or only him because we don't take the skill or the good weapon when there is no healer, and without this perk/Hemocolbber or the medic, the berserker on the difficult hell on earth will bring the team down.

If the melee berserker we all know are still play around all the map runing in every spot and almost not killing any zeds, that gonna be worse because this nerf gonna push this player who run, to run a lot more.

CitronVert ! my best friend ! :D i have something to tell you berserker as berserker

i will help you to understand the game a bit more my friend, look :
The wiki, i know you don't like it because you keep saying the nerf worth it when you play the perks you use, so i show you that almost every zed have an increase damage and health once there is more player, do you know what that mean my friend ? that mean the weak screake you run aways deal only x0.8125 damage and die in 3headshot even with resistance perks and a crovel, if you join any player, he gonna deal x1.25 that mean if you play those perks you use in multiplayer without the hemoclobber, you will die :/ Ho ? never mind you will not die, you run everytime so you can't die :D.
On the video you share all zed have less health and less damage than once you play with people, but you still say the nerf worth it when you fall at 18hp like you say, so that mean it worth it for offline, i know you don't care ^^ because you'r gameplay is hit and run against big zed, that so cute because as you can see the video above, if i take the demolitionist, you'r berserker will be useless because i will 2shoot them and kill them in 1sec, where you take ( i don't know honestly but we gonna say :40sec ) 40sec to kill any big ^^ so YEA i tell you once again and YOU'R OWN gameplay you share show us, that the berserker is not longer better than the firebug, the demo, the survivalist and the medic BECAUSE ! when you kill you'r 142 zed on the video you share in 10minute ( thanks again i'm proude of you sharing the video that show us you'r gameplay ) i meet at the same time the patriach with the demo in 4wave, for a total of 226 zed, almost the double of you. so if you wanna a prove that the berserker is not a good perk anymore on the hand of normal player, look you'r video, and next the demolitionist challenge, or the firebug, the medic, the survivalist because in every video i meet the patriach once 10minute

Little tips my friend : you have the same crovel than me, i even kill patriach with it, so when you avoid a fight against screake alone or a fleshpound that not making you "runing berserker", of course if there is sirens/husk/bloat i understand you don't gonna fight the screake, but on you'r video you hit only one time a fleshpound and run when there no zed around, you can hit him 3time and mayebye5, without hurting you a lot if you parry his next move, you do this another time and the fleshpound is dead... same with screake, i've made you'r challenge and even without parry i still kill screake in 3 headshoot, you'r crovel is the same weapon i use, so use it ) that why the berserker have to be nerf on his damage and not his resistance, the crovel you have in you'r hand even lvl 0 and not using parry, still kill a screake in 3 headshot in offline and that just stupid , and as you say the nerf is good , but keep runing, that prove that you not using the berserker to def you'r team, but only to kite and run all over the map, if you was the kind of player that defend his team mate, you won't run front of a easy fight again a screake or fleshpound alone like you do on the video you share because when you play as team, you or the shrapshooter can kill a big zed, you/he kill him like this the team won't deal in melee with him;
Here i do you'r challenge the next 20minute you'r post the video to show you that you don't have to play runing and hitting only once:
( If you say "look ! you are able to stay alive without parry hemoclobber and vampire !" of course i can because i'm alone and i master the game. but once with player i'll need move vampir or hemoclobber if i don't want runing like you.)
As i say i will not reply after this post because there is no need , so i tell you everything here :
Have you seen my video just above your message? You said I wouldn't be able to play zerk in melee without hemoclobber, turns out, I did.

But the most ironic part: after asking everyone to upload a gameplay without hemoclobber, you uploaded one with hemoclobber YOURSELF, to show that survivalist is supposedly OP...
"Have you seen My video Above you'r message ? you said i wouldn't be able to play zed in melee without hemoclobber, turns out, i did."

Read again.
Also i wanna REALLY WANT A VIDEO of you'r gameplay on the beta in hell on earth of course
Now let take the one where i ask you to stay alive in hell on earth:
you say the nerf worth it so show US a video here or on discord like me when i stream the game ( i'll share some of link at the end and i explain what is ) , of you playing on beta with only melee weapon and stay on a spot without runing with someone else you found in server ( without Field medic or hemoclobber, also don't stay in a spot like the watchtower on prison where the zed only come at one door, take a spot where the zed can come on a least 4path).
first one say, "please show me you'r gameplay", thank you for the share, and next one is "you say the nerf worth it so show US a video here or on discord like me when i stream the game of you playing on beta with only melee weapon and stay on a spot without runing with SOMEONE ELSE you found in server ( without Field medic or hemoclobber, also don't stay in a spot like the watchtower on prison where the zed only come at one door, take a spot where the zed can come on a least 4path)."
As i can see on the video you share when you are alone, with weaker zeds, you still run everytime, so don't worry i don't want to see anymore a video of you when you play with people because i know you will run like you do alone once you get hurt a little bit much MAKIING YOU ! THE BERSERKER ! TANK OF THE GAME, Not able to defend you'r team without be dependent of hemoclobber or the skill vampire. and this is the FACT that i prove on this nerf.

Now i know you'r the berserker that i say above on the same reply because you do the exacly same thing i say without the hemoclobber and eviserator :
If you are a berserker player as you say and think the nerf is worth it then you play only with hemoclobber or with long range weapon and you run everytime.
this is what you do without eviserator : runing, that show what kind of berserker you are if you play multiplayer, somone that run to save his life even if the team have to die so if you already run before the nerf, yea it the same that range berserker, you don't care because you almost never get hurt. i've already know you'r gameplay before you show me... ( i hope you will don't say "i'll run it because the crovel is weak", take a look on my gameplay and you will see, there is a lot of screake i kill them almost all in 3headshot, you can do the same because you have the same weapon and skill )

really ? play with crovel is a handicaps ? he cancel 3time the move of big zed, like this you kill screake before they hurt you, it the weapon that if you bring him at lvl 4 in 6player with all the health increase the screake still die in 3 heashot, and the fleshpound in 7
you didn't even kill you'r boss with you'r crovel ! is not a handicaps if you play like any good berserker.
Supposedly OP ? he is, like the firebug and demo , both of then don't use healing or parry and that make this both perks OP, and the medic too...
friend ... really ? you say yourself :"If I'm allowed Parry+Hemoclobber, I could probably do something like this" then you say by yourself you need the Hemo to be overpowered xD .You didn't read what i say for medic/firebug/demolitionist/survivalist ? i say you show me a video where the guy stay in the corner alive will playing berserker and hemoclobber, so i show you a few video where there is a none berserker perks : medic/Survivalist use the same weapon and also stay alive in this corner, it not because you play berserker that you stay alive, it THIS weapon carry you on the game even in the corner as you can see in both of them and you also say it yourself, i also share Firebug and Demo to show you this both perk are more usefull than a berserker look like on you'r video because he won't do his job, also: 10minute 2wave 142 zed dead you run, look my video with medic/survivalist/firebuf/demo : 10minute 4wave with boss and 226zed dead staying in one spot, no moving , in the same amound of time you take berserker runing aways to hit and run, i take the demo stay in one corner of the map and kill every zeds without even have less than 50hp, where you fall at 18hp xD on the survivalit video i fall to 1hp and i still huge the patriach man ! I take the same sentence that you say above : "It is always more playable than Firebug and SWATs" but i still kill more zed than you in the same amound of time. (maybye i have a better weapon, but i also take a lot more damage than you)

Anyway i've prove what i want : i show why the berserker is less tank than the firebug/survivalist/medic, i also say what kind of nerf it should be and i finaly the prove the only guy who say "the nerf is excelent" is just a guy that run, and everyone hate a runing berserker on this game, like some other people talk about on other post than me. Bye my friend :p

Upvote 0
So let me recap. You just wrote a 1000-word essay to say that zerk should be balanced around speedrun challenges, and the ability to survive in a corner without moving.

Aapparently, a class with +25% speed bonus and health regen, should "not run", and is supposed to play in a corner.

Yep I don't think I'm gonna argue with that.

Your initial claim was that zerk can no longer play melee anymore, and I showed a video where everyone can realize it's not true. End of debate. The rest of your speculations make no sense to me, go way beyond the inital topic, and I'm glad you want to end the conversation here.

Reactions: MBOmnis
Upvote 0
I'm tired of this same reply.

Ok so you say i'm playing only zerk and i only want him overpowered

No. I'm saying you are a typical "zerk main" (I thought everyone can understand what it means, it's someone who plays MAINLY a certain perk and his experience comes MAINLY from that perk gameplay) who barely plays other perks. That's what you are, according to all available evidence and you don't even deny it. I've looked up your steam profile and it says that your KF2 playtime is 800 hours. You don't have a leg to stand on in this debate. Your aim is subpar for 800 hours, which is expected for someone who spent most of all the play time on zerk, zerk is a low skill ceiling perk that doesn't require aim whatsoever and it doesn't train it, so no skill gets transitioned to other perks. But even that is pathetic, considering the condescending manner you allow yourself to speak with others at no fault of their own, even though I didn't play zerk much, I most likely have much more hours on zerk than you do and can speak from a more extensive experience standpoint.

You even play a sharpshooter on wave 7 as if it was a zerk, choosing a DLC Mosin and block FPs with it, you don't even crouch. :)

Too bad because of your inexperienced opinion and opinions of people like you who don't care much about the game balance TWI predictably caved and chose to step back on some of the nerfs. Sad!

Reactions: MBOmnis
Upvote 0
<roastage>
But tell us how you REALLY feel. :whistle:

No, but seriously, I approve of the nerfs, although personally I didn't approve of the Parry duration but that's me. The perk is still completely playable and the damage has remained untouched; Zerks are just slightly squishier now and you have to pick fights a bit more carefully.

I'll be moving relevant criticism to the newest beta branch.

Reactions: CitronVert
Upvote 0