• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Merc Report - To The Moon

Mercs,

Your long journey has come to an end and we have arrived at the glorious Alpha 4 research station, located on the moon - who is laughing at my highly efficient steam powered rockets now! But wouldn’t you know it, those dastardly Zeds are at it again, and have gotten here before us. How, with what I can only assume is new breakthroughs in clown based rocketry - these Zeds never cease to amaze.

moonbase2.jpg

Welp, we’ve never let that stop us before, and by us I mean me. So get hopping, and I do mean hopping... this is the moon you know, not much gravity here. We need to find out what happened, and if those... associates of mine discovered anything useful before their untimely demise.

moonbase1.jpg

Do be sure to keep an eye out for possible security mechanisms you may be able to turn back on, but remember, you aren’t exactly known to staff around these parts.

I have been told by Polywinkle that your handlers at Horzine have passed something along: they’ll have more on Field Improvements in the coming days. Now if you excuse me, I need to find the nearest steam source on this blasted rock or I'm afraid we'll be doing a little more than Summering at this particular soiree...

Warmest Regards and your friend in esteemed confidence,

-Lockhart

I work for Tripwire and run this stuff.
View all 245 featured items
Is it bad that i wish that this map was scripted to always spawn Christmas gorefasts regardless of seasonal event?

After all, the moon was first visited by an evil robot Santa Claus.
Copy paste from comments of same event at steam. Nice.

Wish/hope the ost will be the same like kf 2009 xmas in space season. So when it will be launched the vent beta 1, now taht moon map where announced finally ?

Upvote 0
...Ain't gonna lie, I struggle to be hyped by yet another "high-tech base set in space". After "Containment Station" and "Lockdown", it's really getting old (and while they are not set in space, "Biolapse", "Biotics Labs" and "Powercore" also have similar aesthetics)

It was bonkers in KF1, but in KF2, it's really just Tuesday.

I hope we'll have some intriguing gameplay mechanics to spice things up, otherwise, it's really a letdown.

However, seeing "Your long journey has come to an end..." is surprising. Unless future updates are somehow non-canon, I don't see why you would say such a thing. And I don't buy that it's gonna be the last update either, as everything points out that you have at least two more in the pipes. Not to mention you actually asked us for weapons and weekly ideas... Hinting at a possible another year of content.

Upvote 0
However, seeing "Your long journey has come to an end..." is surprising. Unless future updates are somehow non-canon, I don't see why you would say such a thing. And I don't buy that it's gonna be the last update either, as everything points out that you have at least two more in the pipes. Not to mention you actually asked us for weapons and weekly ideas... Hinting at a possible another year of content.
Seasonal updates/stories are non cannon and this is an end to the current Lockhart story after spending "months" on his steam powered rocket ship.

Reactions: Aleflippy
Upvote 0