• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 - Potential Weapons For The Future (Your Input Requested)!

What are your top 3 choices for new KF 2 weapons in the future

• Scopped bolt action rifle (k98?) - Sharpshooter Lower in tier to give that option earlier on in game

Votes: 80 26.7%
  • Incendiary Launcher (M202 Flash?) - Firebug/Demo - Bringing new gameplay oporunities to the firebug

Votes: 96 32.0%
  • HRG HM Tech SMG (Vector) - Medic - Alternative medic SMG with different fire rate/pattern

Votes: 69 23.0%
  • Slow Firing LMG (BREN) - Commando - Providing a more heavy hitter/stagger LMG

Votes: 116 38.7%
  • Pistol (MK 23) - Sharp - Sharp backup sidearm for railgun loadout with a lower weight

Votes: 128 42.7%
  • AP SMG (SR3-MP) - Swat - Giving SWAT something with AP rounds to help shred armor

Votes: 130 43.3%
  • Mine/Deployable - Demo - Giving players a way to directly or indirectly control a choke beyond C4

Votes: 37 12.3%
  • throwable for FB (WP Grenade) - Firebug - Giving Firebug a dedicated choke point weapon

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • HRG Sonic Discombobulator - Disables Zed Specials/projectile and slows with small to moderate damage

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • HRG Rioter Tool - Medic - A tool to buff singular or multiple teammates in an area

Votes: 23 7.7%

• Total voters
Weapon: Mauser Broomhandle (Or any other full-auto pistol with a stock).

Perk: Gunslinger / Secondary Sharpshooter

Function: Full Auto weapon for gunslinger and maybe secondary weapon for sharpshooter. Fairly fast reload.

Reason: After using the Glock 18c for Gunslinger, the recoil made it pretty unbearable to use if you didn't practice with the gun for a while. A fully automatic pistol would definitely stand out if it had the recoil of an smg. I see a lot of less experienced players struggle with the high recoil of the Glock and feel that a tradeoff of not being able to dual wield a stocked pistol would be fair in exchange for a gunslinger to have a less aim reliant weapon at close range. It would fill a niche that no other weapon occupies yet. The downside of it should not be capable of shredding a fleshpound reliably in one magazine. It should be for trash clear and maybe a scrake with good aim.

Weapon: Inkunzi PAW

Perk: Demo

Function: Accurate longer-range fire with a smaller blast radius while not being a detriment at close range.

Reason: This weapon could have a mechanic where the shells will have penetration power at close range. Once the shell has passed a certain distance (within 5-10 meters) it will lose the penetration power and become primed to explode in a smaller radius than an M203 or M79 but slightly more radius than a seeker six. The problem I see currently with Demo weapons is that they are either almost useless at close range (RPG, all grenade launchers) or only useable at close range (kaboomstick and hx-25) with the exception of the M16 M203. I feel this weapon would have a unique niche almost as a precision weapon for Demo where it is also good for killing a point blank enemy while still hitting farther enemies as the projectile travels through close range enemies and explodes farther away with a low risk of self-damage.

Weapon: M1 Carbine

Perk: Sharpshooter / Secondary Swat

Function: Lower damage, lower weight, secondary trash clear for sharpshooter, and a longer range semi-auto option for swat.

Reason: Sharpshooter has problems dealing with trash when using a Railgun. If this weapon were 4 or 5 weight, it would be a better complement to the Railgun than the Win94 or the 500 Magnum due to it being better suited for headshotting trash enemies rather than overkilling or bodyshotting them.. It would have a hard time against large zeds though. For swat, this weapon would be the most accurate weapon it has access to allowing it to mimic the long range killing capacities of a commando using semi-auto. It would have higher damage than the other smgs but a lower time to kill due to other smg's having full-auto fire (I know the M1 carbine can full-auto in real life, and it could just be far less controllable in full-auto meaning it would be pretty bad aside from point-blank panic firing). I feel that the M1 carbine would fill a different niche for two polar opposite classes.

Weapon: DP-27 Machine Gun (or Lewis gun)

Perk: Commando

Function: Higher damage, slower fire rate lmg. Controllable in full auto.

Reason: In higher difficulties, the Stoner runs into the problem of long reloads with only slightly above-average firing uptime when compared to high damage semi-auto rifles. A pan-fed machine gun would be faster to reload and have an ammo pool of 47 which is in between the Stoner and the 30 round rifles. This would be a heavy weapon on par with the Stoner and Minigun 9 or 10 weight. It should be able to deal with Scrakes reliably but have a slower TTK than the Scar-H. It should be able to kill a Fleshpound in a single mag reliably, but the fire rate should be slow enough to allow the fleshpound to enrage and attack before it dies to headshots. This is a niche that is not yet occupied by any weapon in the commando's arsenal. The STG-44 has far less controllability due to weight. The Scar-H has far less ammo capacity which makes it hard to use against fleshpounds. The minigun and Stoner have far higher ROF but far lower damage. I suggest this set of statistics because it would be unique and also provide less experienced players with a controllable, yet unique weapon from swat's arsenal. I see many players who have a hard time controlling Scar-H or STG-44 recoil with semi-auto only which lowers their TTK for large zeds too much. On the other hand, I see other newer players (or lower perk level) full-auto with those weapons and miss most of their shots. This weapon would bridge the gap between semi-auto and full-auto by being a mix of the best of both worlds (balanced by the high weight).

When considering what types of weapons ought to be in the game, I made my choices based on hundreds of hours of playing with people of varying skill levels at all difficulties. While there are tons of weapons that would be cool to have in the game, I ultimately only talked about several that would fill unique niches that are open and would also be relatively balanced and feel good to use by players of all different skill (and perk) levels.

Upvote 0
Weapon: Bloom-stick
Perk: Survivalist (possibly Medic)
Function: A plant-based gun that can slowly grows its own ammo. Wouldn't have a high mag size, damage, or ammo pool, but something that can generate its own ammo would be a very useful tool for many reasons.
Reasoning: This fits into Survivalist for two reasons. First, that's the best place for the weird guns that may not match or synergize with anything else. Second, Any gun with unlimited ammo would become too overpowered in the hands of a more dedicated perk.
(Medic could also make sense depending on a plant gun potentially having some nice poisoning and healing abilities.)
Overall, This would offer a creative alternative form of ammo management that would be better balanced for late, high difficulty rounds and especially endless mode. You'd get the "unlimited ammo" you always prayed for, but you better be ready to learn a new way of managing this new vegan ammo.

(Ever seen a hippy put a flower in a gun? What if they're onto something?)

Upvote 0
Weapon: Suomi Kp/-31 with an underbarrel flamethrower

Perk: Firebug/ SWAT

Function: Primery fire is incediary bullets and ALT fire is a flamethrower attack. Think of a Mac-10 with an underbarrel Caulk n' burn. To balance the weapon out the bullets would deal less damage than those on the Mac-10 and the size of the flamethrowers magazine would be 25 (50% less than that on the Caulk n' Burn)

Reasoning: This combi-weapon will allow the player to target ZEDs that are further away with the incediary bullets, while still allowing you to flamethrower the ZEDs that get too close. This weapons primery job is to destroy weaker ZEDs like the clots, bloats and gorefasts and not big ZEDs like the Scrakes and Fleshpounds.

suomiflame 2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
weapon: M34 WP "Willie Pete" white phosphorus grenade

perk: firebug

function: a throwable weapon like C4 , it's basically a bigger,more powerful and longer burning molotov,with the iconic white smoke and particle effect. a area denial weapon.

View attachment 2336059
I find this idea very interesting (I couldn't think of any weapons for firebug lol). I would like to add that it could be a potential debuff-applying weapon to help with managing larger zeds. I feel that something akin to a hemoglobin effect would add something new to this weapon.

Upvote 0
Weapon: MWI HB.23

Perk: Commando

Function: A medium damage assault rifle which fires in single, 3-round and (if possible) 5-round bursts. The rate of fire during the bursts would be 2100RPM and its overall rate of fire would be 1050RPM when used in 3-round bursts. Recoil during the first few shots would be near zero, while the final shot's recoil would be heavy. It uses 60 round magazines with 420 rounds in reserve. Viable for dealing fast and heavy damage towards large Zeds, but requires users to moderate their rate of fire and take their time between bursts to avoid wasting ammo due to its high rate of fire.

Reasoning: Only two weapons for the Commando have 3-round burst mode, the AR-15 and AK-12, neither of which are particularly popular options late-game. I would like to see a similar weapon to those to be a viable choice later on, to compete with the SCAR-H or FAL.

Other notes: Is a caseless weapon, and produces a green muzzle flash. Im aware my design for it is rather minimal, so some details and such can be added here and there. It is fed via P90 style magazines.

Attachments

• 9E33F2A1-E87A-4A2E-AE22-C8D49FF9A84B.png
    9E33F2A1-E87A-4A2E-AE22-C8D49FF9A84B.png
    113.8 KB · Views: 13
Upvote 0
I find this idea very interesting (I couldn't think of any weapons for firebug lol). I would like to add that it could be a potential debuff-applying weapon to help with managing larger zeds. I feel that something akin to a hemoglobin effect would add something new to this weapon.
hmmm, maybe something like ,the WP burning particles sticking on Zeds and make the go panic?

Reactions: Captain Shays
Upvote 0
Hey everyone!

As the team continues to work on some great new content for Killing Floor 2 for 2021, we wanted to reach out and get a better handle and understanding on what types of weapons you want to see and why you think they would be a great fit for Killing Floor 2. This includes DLC and HRG weapons.

A few things to get out of the way up front:
  • We know many of you want to see more real world weapons
    • With a bit of an emphasis on WW 2
    • And a bolt action with a scope
  • The teams goals here are to find interesting weapons that can help bring new gameplay to KF 2 or shake up the perk a bit with more options/choice that play out differently from what is currently available to them.
    • This is one of the primary goals of the HRG weapons along with helping to balance these weapons where we feel crossperk leaves on perk OP and the other feeling weak
With those things being said, we've been looking over some of the great suggestions from the community but want some more player input and reasoning on why those choices are the right ones.

As we start to see trends we are looking to add a poll here to help bubble up some top items.

A great post here should look something like this:

Weapon: Weapon Name Here
Perk: Perk Here
Function: Talk about how this weapon works, its abilities and functions,
Reasoning: Describe why its a great fit that meets the player wants and team goals

If you like a posters idea, please react to it with a thumbs up. If you would like to add more to it, please quote it and add to it with good information (not just a +1 or "yes please" type post - these will be removed)

We have currently set up the poll with a few stubs to be replaced as player suggestions roll in. Please do not vote for them yet.

Important notice: Any item included in this thread/poll are not guaranteed to ever make it into the game. The goal here is to help the design team better match player want/expectation with their design goals for future weapons.
Weapon: Hand Crossbow

Perk: Gunslinger

Function: Precision/Penetration dual wield weapon with retrievable ammo

Reasoning: It would be badass. But also it'd mix up the class and provide relief to those who feel the need to min/max ammo usage.

Upvote 0
Weapon: M1 Carbine

Perk: Sharpshooter/Commando

Function: This is a tier 2 lightweight weapon (3Kg) that serves as a good self defense option for Sharpshooter on heavier weapons or upgraded guns. It would be have a bit higher damage than an a AR-15 but less mag size than it (20 vs 15 rounds).

Reasoning: There’s an utter lack of tier 2 weapons for Sharpshooter and especially the Commando and Sharpshooter needs a decent self-defense option that isn’t the M14 but can also be carried with heavier guns.

Upvote 0
Weapon: Remington 870 Slug
Perk: Support
Function: This pump-action shotgun carries a medium capacity loaded with slug rounds for mid-range targets.
Reasoning: Despite many other perks getting weapons to fill in the gaps that they are weak to, Support lacks a weapon to comfortably eliminate ranged/semi-ranged threats such as husks, sirens, bloats, and E.D.A.R.s. With it's increased carry capacity, a Support can carry the R870 Slug to safely deal with these nuisances without resorting to off-perking. Meanwhile its lack of spread and mediocre dps will continue to encourage other shotguns for close range groups.

Upvote 0
Weapon: Remington 870 Slug
Perk: Support
Function: This pump-action shotgun carries a medium capacity loaded with slug rounds for mid-range targets.
Reasoning: Despite many other perks getting weapons to fill in the gaps that they are weak to, Support lacks a weapon to comfortably eliminate ranged/semi-ranged threats such as husks, sirens, bloats, and E.D.A.R.s. With it's increased carry capacity, a Support can carry the R870 Slug to safely deal with these nuisances without resorting to off-perking. Meanwhile its lack of spread and mediocre dps will continue to encourage other shotguns for close range groups.
You just invented SPX

Upvote 0
for the commando.
we should get a new assault rifle, with zedtime launcher and that gun and trigger zed time when that grenade goes off ,
to no make it super OP. maybe give the launcher 2 shots only . giving us the commando the the option to choose the best time zed time needed. since the commando can is gives zed time. why not let this class trigger it at least twice per round?

Upvote 0
Weapon: Steyr AUG A2 12G
Perk: Commando (Crossperk with Support)
Function: A full auto, medium recoil, carbine variant of the Steyr AUG Austrain Bullpup assault rifle with the added attachment of an underbarrel 12 gauge shotgun. The underbarrel shotgun can be fired using the Alt fire, and can hold 3-4 in a clip.

Reasoning: This would be the first perk weapon to be Commando + Support, the shotgun attachment can definitely help with the occasional Gorefiend and Gorefast rushing up in your face with their face blocked, this can help conserve more rifle ammo compared to using 1-2 buck shots to get rid of that pesky rushing blocking Zed.

Upvote 0
I'd honestly love anything returning from KF1

If I had to chose any 3 i'd pick

1. MK23
2. ZED gun 1.0
3. Single Piston Longmusket! (Steampunk DLC)

Fingers crossed OG KF1 weapons will return!!!
Showing as much support for this as possible. Lots of potential for weapons that haven't been ported to Kf2 yet, with very little work that needs to be done if the models are still salvageable.

Picture from the thread I made forever ago

wfYXEV0.png

I'll probably make other posts for new weapon ideas as they come to me, but here's a quick run down of all the potential KF1 weapons that could be brought over with unique niches or additions to gameplay:

AK 47, Mk23, M7a3 - self-explanatory. Tons of great suggestions, including in this thread, for their stats and how they'd fit into the perk ecosystem.

Z.E.D. Guns, both 1.0 and 2.0 - completely unique and fun weapons. Mk. 1.0 has a full-on radar, and is a sort of a cross between a BFG version of the Microwave Gun with EMP effects for its alt-fire. Mk 2.0's altfire launched lazily moving EMP balls and had an "indicator" that blinked depending on how close Zeds were. Their primary fires are both somewhat slow projectiles. Could work on any Perk, probably Field Medic and Beserker the most.

Longmusket - the community has been pretty outspoken on desiring a mid-level weapon for Sharps running a more aggressive run-and-gun style, and Longmusket fits that perfectly. Also a fantastic weapon design in general.

Scythe - a very slow tier-3 or tier-4 Zerk weapon with a wide swinging arc would be an interesting addition. Sort of a CC-focused weapon.

Multichamber ZED Thrower - purely a personal desire. Support really doesn't have any need for a weapon whose main gimmick was "alt fire pushes back zeds like Pyro's airblast in TF2, while doing no damage", but it was fun to mesds with.

Orca Bomb Propeller - At first glance it seems like a reskinned M79, but in reality it was an interseting addition because the bombs it launched bounced off surfaces instead of instantly detonating.

Upvote 0