• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Web GUI | What does this latest update mean for me?

Aurien

Grizzled Veteran
May 16, 2009
So as the title says, what does this latest update mean for me as a server operator? Am I going to get the ability to remove people via the web gui again? I've never run or had any kind of scripting to auto-remove people, so how does the new local admin filter affect my servers appearing on a list? From the way it reads, my servers shouldn't be filtered out.

If I'm getting my web gui kick ability back and my servers aren't going to be blacklisted, then I'm back in.

If the filter option ends up being enabled by default, and the amount of server being showed in server browser dramatically decrease.... it would be nice to have admin tools included in the game itself, if the owner or the person assigned as an admin joins the game.

As in the person could log in as admin and have access to additional options via new ui elements
Either have options added in scoreboard like in kf1, or have kick, session ban or outright ban options added in the squad menu (so you could click on a person and boot him out, instead of fumbling in the console trying to write his name right.... good luck if the player has special characters in his name)

Reactions: missing_trigger
Upvote 0
The update returns the ability to kick/ban players to the Web Admin tool. If you use those tools, players have the option to filter out those servers from what they are looking for.
So I feel this needs more explanation. Is there a new configuration option to enable this functionality? I'm not wanting the deep dark secrets, as I know this can lead to people working around the fix. I hope there will be an explanation of how to enable this functionality once the patch hits.

Upvote 0
So I feel this needs more explanation. Is there a new configuration option to enable this functionality? I'm not wanting the deep dark secrets, as I know this can lead to people working around the fix. I hope there will be an explanation of how to enable this functionality once the patch hits.
No, nothing you need to do on your end. The kicking and banning via webadmin is accessible the way it previously was.

Reactions: Aurien
Upvote 0
Except the small caveat that remains TBD, is the "No Local Admin" being turned on by default (which currently is in beta build).
Sure we will be able to kick and ban again, that is if there will be anyone to kick or ban since that option will hide server that have web admin enabled.
Moreover there is no explanation presented in the filter menu on what that option actually does, so your average player who doesn't follow change logs will have no idea what that option really does.
With the vague wording, he might think that it would only show servers that have no "local" admin in the server i.e. no admin playing in the server right now.

Reactions: missing_trigger
Upvote 0
Except the small caveat that remains TBD, is the "No Local Admin" being turned on by default (which currently is in beta build).
Sure we will be able to kick and ban again, that is if there will be anyone to kick or ban since that option will hide server that have web admin enabled.
Moreover there is no explanation presented in the filter menu on what that option actually does, so your average player who doesn't follow change logs will have no idea what that option really does.
With the vague wording, he might think that it would only show servers that have no "local" admin in the server i.e. no admin playing in the server right now.
I haven't test the Beta build myself, but if this is true, then there should be a clear description of what's being filtered.

Upvote 0