• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design COD2 maps for RO

I wouldnt mind seeing some of the larger stock CoD:UO maps used as insperation for a new map with a similar layout but with major changes. But streight remakes are a no. If I want to play the map I'll go play the origional. Playing a remake gives people that know the origional map well, major advantages.

Upvote 0
I hear the points folks make here. We're a tactical clan and have some old favourites like St Lo, and as some one mentioned the cnq maps by afterhourz.

We always enjoyed rotations with a nice mix of the large and the small, subtle changes of pace in an evenings gaming. We'd certainly like to enjoy the tactical features RO offers on a small map that is maybe "inspired" by the likes of St Lo etc, lets face it, if we trace the line of evolution all the way back to MOH through COD, UO (Im at pains to mention COD2 because that is de-volution IMO) Tactical gamers will appreciate the notch that RO has raised the bar to and the odd "inspired" yet original work would be a nice nod to the course that has been charted.

Still, onwards and upwards :) Thx for the AOC link, I most certainly do agree with the sentiment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
mod123 said:
Id say my favorite CoD map ever should be converted the all mighty Pavlov.
But i like the Forgotten Hope Pavlov more...

There was a map featuring Pavlov Building for RO... let's say that it didn't quite come out to be going along well with how RO is played... now I confused myself with trying to say politely that it sucked :D Still, kudos to the mapper ;)

Upvote 0
I think it would be great to have some maps from UO, especially kursk and Kharkov, thats about where it ends for me though. And Kharkov would fit the RO style very well, combined arms , huge city map, lots of cover. Would be cool especially seeing a Tiger or panzer coming down the street at you..

Upvote 0
Although it isn't Eastern Front, Stanjel would make a good RO map IMO.
Its probably as big as Odessa.

As far as these UO maps, one could always add to the map to give room for the protected spawn areas and such.

It would be nice to see Kharkov remade as well. That map was always so laggy in UO not many servers would run it.

Gotta have those usable Flak 88 guns though! That was what made that map to me.

As far as customs, Univermag would be a good one as well. No way somebody can say that one isn't big enough!

Upvote 0