• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Blue Screen of Death when launching RO

Cheburator

Mar 30, 2006
I will go step by step.

Long loading times. Followed the steps from this forum, tweaked the ini file, updated the game, no change.
After tweaking the .ini file, in-game stuttering became unbearable.
Forgot to backup the ini file, so deleted the game and re-downloaded it again.
After downloading, applied the patch straight away, started the game - and the blue screen of death.
With the following error numbers:

0x0000008e
0xc0000005
0xf769b782
0xb98387bc
0x00000000

Ntfs.sys - address f769b782 base at f767900, datestamp 3d6de5c1

I won't bother searching what the heck they mean, I am frustrated.
Can't play.

LOL!

P.S: Could not play in the first place, because of really long loading times. But now, can't even start the darn f. thing.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF***!

Been there, done that mate.
A simple uninstall and re-download worked for me. Got lucky though. Didn't have to fiddle with registry at all. For some reasons, I've decided to stick to 1000 version this time.
Everything seems ok now with my pc/RO but virtually nobody online to test for sure...
Mind you, my RO experience goes that way most of the time: download map for 4 minutes, joined in for the last 45 seconds of a battle, try to pick up situation awareness, die a few times, lose battle, download new map for 4 minutes. Frustrated I log off until next time :p

Upvote 0
Hey guys, I am glad I am not the only one :)
I would also join the server to see that the round has ended :))))
So, anyone knows how to fix the registry then?
I guess I should uninstall RO, fix the registry, download it again, without applying the patch, right?

If they fix this, this will be a good game to play.
If they won't, I'll tell you later ;)

Upvote 0