• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"SmartScreen can’t be reached right now"

lucasbrown

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 23, 2021
There is another post about this problem from last May but it is no help.

Ever since the October update, sometimes when I click on an .exe, such as installing a program, the folder that the .exe is in freezes for over 5 minutes with the “working in background” cursor.

After 5 minutes, (I timed it), a blue window pops up and says,
"SmartScreen can’t be reached right now
Check your internet connection. Windows Defender SmartScreen is
unreachable and can’t help you decide if this app is ok to run. "
and lists the publisher and app, in the latest case,
Publisher: Adobe Systems, Incorporated
App: readerdc_en_xa_crd_install.exe

If I click on the window, “run” and “don’t run” buttons appear. If I click the “run” button, the .exe then runs as normal. My internet connection is fine.

This happens at any time of day and has happened several times over the last several weeks.

I can live with it as I rarely install anything these days, but it’s REALLY annoying.

There is another post about this problem from last May but it is no help.

Ever since the October update, sometimes when I click on an .exe, such as installing a program, the folder that the .exe is in freezes for over 5 minutes with the “working in background” cursor.

After 5 minutes, (I timed it), a blue window pops up and says,
"SmartScreen can’t be reached right now
Check your internet connection. Windows Defender SmartScreen is
unreachable and can’t help you decide if this app is ok to run. "
and lists the publisher and app, in the latest case,
Publisher: Adobe Systems, Incorporated
App: readerdc_en_xa_crd_install.exe

If I click on the window, “run” and “don’t run” buttons appear. If I click the “run” button, the .exe then runs as normal. My internet connection is fine.

This happens at any time of day and has happened several times over the last several weeks.

I can live with it as I rarely install anything these days, but it’s REALLY annoying.
This same thing was happening with me these type of things happens because of lack of security in your device.

Upvote 0