• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Baksan Valley = Worst map? (merged)

futurenhler said:
Did they have those MG's at this certain battle?
(i don't know)

A Light Maschine Gun (LMG) was standard for every german squad, from the very beginning of WW2. They never left them at home, and they weren't optional.

If it's all about realism and not about game balance, then why don't we have maps with T-34/76 against Tigers? It would be about similar to a SVT versus a KAR armed guy. Sure the T-34s *might just win every once in a while by using excellent team tactics and "outthinking" the Tiger Crews, but how much fun would it be for the russian team?

And to those who say "It's a team game, just flank etc..." hello, this is about public servers.

Anyway, like I said - even the russian team tonight wanted the map changed, so it was no fun for either team. There has to be some truth to my dislike of the map if on a server with 20 people or more the map gets changed mid-game because no one likes it.

Upvote 0
Helmut, that never happened while I played at baksan. I guess it was a specific problem applicable only in that server then. There are also plenty of ways to flank even in public servers. I have no problems getting to either Ruins nor Church.

And Stanislav, you have quotes in your sig! might wanna fix that.:p

Upvote 0
eh, is baskan valley the trench map? If so that is my favorite map in the game, wish it was played more (get tired of Stalingradkessel). Today I played it and the germans won all 3 rounds. Nonstop rush and it was easy, especially when I had a machinegun for the trench cap points. Last one I got a rifle and ran into the house and up the stairs and camped till it got capped.

EDIT: Oh baskan is the one with church and ruins? I only see germans win that map... never allies. So I have no idea what you are saying. Ruins get capped quick by Germans, then the Church is taken from the Allies...then the last cap point is easiest to get by far, rush in and camp on the stairs.

Upvote 0