• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Random Season Zeds?

GoodOl'RoboClaus

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 23, 2015
I just got back into playing it, after hearing the rumours that KF2 is nearing its end and there is a next game, so I went back to the roots to have some fun. However, my favourite mutator (see title) Seems to be gone, or hidden, or otherwise inaccessible. Now, I don't trust myself to make it myself, because I'm no good at coding, and it seems like it should be simple, but I'm not sure how to go about this.

For those of you who don't know about this mutator, you essentially chose which seasons skins you wanted to see in the game. The options were Normal, Circus, Christmas, Halloween, And Hillbilly. Now if you wanted just one, that's fine, making it to the season you want. However, you can choose more than one, including all of them. So when a pack of clots spawned, it could be anything from the naked son, to the pinhead, to the pygmy, to elves, or redneck. Maybe 5 spawned and 2 were elves and 3 were rednecks. Or one of each. it was random, and I enjoyed it a lot.

Well, nothing concrete points out towards the supposed "end" of Killing Floor 2. The only two indications of it would be that

1)The game is five years old, usually, you're closer to the end than the beginning by that point (many games die out faster than that too)

2)The backbone of development is now lead by Saber Interactive. Usually, when the OG developers aren't working on their game anymore, it's no good news.

To answer your question though, I think it stems from a "console trick". I believe there's a special command you have to manually change in order to choose either if you want the event zeds or not... and the one specific event you want or not. But maybe it's only doable in KF2... I'll admit that it's been a while since the first game.

Was the mutator an official one? If not, it probably stems from the creator himself. Maybe he removed his mutator from the workshop or something?

Upvote 0
Well, nothing concrete points out towards the supposed "end" of Killing Floor 2. The only two indications of it would be that

1)The game is five years old, usually, you're closer to the end than the beginning by that point (many games die out faster than that too)

2)The backbone of development is now lead by Saber Interactive. Usually, when the OG developers aren't working on their game anymore, it's no good news.

To answer your question though, I think it stems from a "console trick". I believe there's a special command you have to manually change in order to choose either if you want the event zeds or not... and the one specific event you want or not. But maybe it's only doable in KF2... I'll admit that it's been a while since the first game.

Was the mutator an official one? If not, it probably stems from the creator himself. Maybe he removed his mutator from the workshop or something?
Well, the information came from clips from a developer's stream, with them saying its coming to the end of its life cycle, with hints of KF3.

I'm not sure of the command, but I'm also looking for random ones, to fight them side by side.

The mutator wasn't official, and the one that worked that I used is removed, so I want to remake it, essentially.
Did you try google? Because I googled your thread title, and immediately found the mutator.

Well, when I googled it, I didn't find the first one.

The second one is so well hidden, I only could subscribe to it because I had it favourited already, but I remember why I didn't use this one over the other, because it won't spawn in the Patriarch.

The first one, which I think are his files directly, doesn't even work, so I don't know what to do about that now.

So I guess I'll have to figure out how to make my own to make it work.

Upvote 0