• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC HRG Incendiary Rifle - Missing Shots + latency

Humam2104

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 1, 2020
All these clips were taken on servers with around 120 to 150 pings:
---
Here, it takes too long to the shot to be fired
---
On boss fights this bug enables bosses to avoid most of the shots fired at them while they're moving:
---
This issue tends to happen more on online game with multiplayer rather than solo online.

All projectiles are server sided as far as I know so ping would have direct incidence over projectiles of course. All weapons are server sided during zed time too if I recall correctly so you have same issue during zed time with all weapons during zed time.

To be fair your footage looks like more like 300-500 ping than around 100.
Well, usually the normal bullets are alot quicker than this. And why are projectiles server sided anyways?

Upvote 0
Bullets aren't projectiles.
I know, what I meant to say is: since that bullets are client sided, then the headshots will be transferred to the server and then be seen.
But as for projectiles, the server has to predict where that projectile is going. and though it will give you the result of the projectile and then you would see it.
it's a large delay even for a server sided process imo

Upvote 0
This is how it always worked in the game, grenade launcher, eviscerator blades and other non bullets weapon are server sided, probably because of the projectiles behavior that MUST match on every client so this can not be purely client sided or else there would be discrepancies between clients.

So I don't know I didn't play the BETA but I doubt it suddenly changed how it works. You need to play on low ping server if you play projectiles. Issue has been raised throughout the years and this apparently is not an issue to TWI.

Upvote 0
This is how it always worked in the game, grenade launcher, eviscerator blades and other non bullets weapon are server sided, probably because of the projectiles behavior that MUST match on every client so this can not be purely client sided or else there would be discrepancies between clients.

So I don't know I didn't play the BETA but I doubt it suddenly changed how it works. You need to play on low ping server if you play projectiles. Issue has been raised throughout the years and this apparently is not an issue to TWI.
Lowest server ping I have is 90 . Middle east.

Upvote 0
I can have QA check this out. It is likely a server/ latency issue though. Passing along your videos.
I have done some steps to try to solve the problem:
* Reset my router
* Contacted my ISP to check my settings
* Bought a new ethernet cable (cat 6e)
and the result is the same. It is noteworthy to mention that the issue happens more frequently on later waves, 150 ping servers and when using the skill "ZED Shrapnel"

Upvote 0