• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

October Community Survey

Help us help you! The team is looking for feedback on the latest update, and you can help us improve by taking a few moments to fill out the KF 2 October Community Survey

I work for Tripwire and run this stuff.
View all 254 featured items
Whaddaya know, another survey looking to buff a Demolitionist weapon that competes with the RPG-7 for a loadout slot. The Seal Squeal does NOT need a buff to be as good as the RPG-7 is, the RPG-7 needs a nerf to prevent if from being the ONLY choice for dealing with Scrakes. Until that happens no Demolitionist is going to give up that one-shot for a weapon that doesn't.

Also the Crossbow is looking to be tweaked? Just make it able to stun Scrakes starting to block instead of immediately enraging them and confusing everyone because the Scrake was enacting "block" behavior before the player can see the animation for it. It's bad conveyance, pure and simple.

Upvote 0
the RPG-7 needs a nerf to prevent if from being the ONLY choice for dealing with Scrakes. Until that happens no Demolitionist is going to give up that one-shot for a weapon that doesn't.

So, you'd like to shoot 3 RPG-7 shots to kill a scrake (1P HOE)?
RPG-7 is fine, Seal squeal and Grenade launcher are almost useless.. they cost too much and are unpractical for trash
I would really prefer the M16 that kills trash and can be used for both large zeds at any day

Upvote 0
RPG-7 is fine, Seal squeal and Grenade launcher are almost useless.. they cost too much and are unpractical for trash
I would really prefer the M16 that kills trash and can be used for both large zeds at any day
More like two full RPG-7 shots to kill a Scrake on 6p HoE, unsure why you defaulted to 1p where the Scrake has almost 1k less head health. This would easily be accomplished by reducing the Scrake's weakness to RPG-7 impacts from 4x to 2x, something that was only ever implemented because Sharpshooter and Gunslinger didn't exist at the time.

Other options will continue to be useless until they can match the RPG-7's power because dealing the same damage in more shots is always worse due to increased chances of missing when the RPG-7 can do it in one(except on 6p HoE where you need like three 9mm shots first). Due to this, buffing any 7+ weight Demolitionist weapon won't change anything because they can't be in the same loadout as RPG-7 and the RPG-7 is hands-down better at killing Scrakes.

Upvote 0
RPG-7 doesn't one shot scrakes at 6P HOE. it does on 1P HOE
EDIT: you can but only if you upgrade it
and now that I know this I don't understand it especially when the game tells you that FPs are more exposed to explosives, and scrakes get 1 shot killed with an upgraded RPG.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The grenade launcher would be a better choice if there was less chance to self damage at short range. The Seal Squeal is fun but nowhere as efficient as the RPG.

Reactions: Humam2104
Upvote 0