• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 - Epic Online Services Beta

By the way, are there any plans to improve the server software for the new influx of players? It would be great if there was an option to tell the server that it should shutdown itself once all players left the server. Occasionally I host some servers (the game definitely needs more), and it can be a huge pain to find a good moment to shut the servers down again without disturbing players. On Linux, the terminal title sadly does not show how many players are connected. Thanks!

Personally I have a cron on linux that shutdown the server if he is empty & older than a day.
Bash:
#!/bin/bash
mapfile -t array < <( ps -aux |grep -oh Queryport=[[:digit:]][[:digit:]][[:digit:]][[:digit:]][[:digit:]])

for i in "${array[@]}"
do
        pid=$( echo `ps -aux |grep Queryport=${i:10} |grep -v grep` | awk '{print $2}' | cut -d' ' -f 1 )
        age=$( echo `ps -p $pid -o etimes` |cut -d' ' -f 2 )

if [[ $age -gt 86400 ]]; then #24h = 86400 secondes

test=`gamedig --type killingfloor2 --host 127.0.0.1 --port ${i:10} | jq .raw.rules.bInProgress`
                if [[ "$test" = "\"False\"" ]]; then
                        kill $pid
                        echo "Server kill :" $pid
                else
                        echo "Game in progress" ${i:10} "// Server time:" `expr $age / 3600`"h"
                fi
        fi
done

Then another cron check for servers & scripts that need to be restarted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fabi Winterstar
Upvote 0
Curious how do we get the DAR classic armour? is it something we have to earn on DieSector endless wave till wave 25 or will it be auto added to the inventory?

I would also like to know this.

Alright nevermind, you have to click on "+" to create a party, then you'll see the button to link accounts. Then wait a minute and you'll get the armor... actually you'll get x2 for some reason so yikes, just like with the FAL skin

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I built a beta version of the server using steam cmd. I also opened the port. But it didn't show up in the server browser.
As I am Japanese, I searched for 5 hours on the net while translating the English site, but no useful information was found on I didn't get any of it.
EPIC Games needs to fix the faulty software promptly and return my 5 hours.

Upvote 0
quote from above " Cross-play between Steam and EGS will only be supported on un-modded official servers "

This is not true. While my server is not modded (unfortunately) I'm not an official server, and the crossplay works (unfortunately). I only have one question
WHERE is the "opt out" boolean for crossplay so I can choose to pay only to host the game for steam players that paid for the game, and not kiddies and annoying people that got it free? there NEEDS to be an opt out of the crossplay for many reasons, especially since we cannot see the profiles of the EGS players like we can with steam, which is unfortunate at best.

Upvote 0
I built a beta version of the server using steam cmd. I also opened the port. But it didn't show up in the server browser.
As I am Japanese, I searched for 5 hours on the net while translating the English site, but no useful information was found on I didn't get any of it.
EPIC Games needs to fix the faulty software promptly and return my 5 hours.
good luck.

Try this
Code:
@echo off
SETLOCAL ENABLEDELAYEDEXPANSION
             :: DEFINE the following variables where applicable to your install
             SET STEAMLOGIN=anonymous
             SET INSBRANCH=232130
             SET InsPath=<PATH>\KF2_Server
             SET STEAMPATH=<PATH>\SteamCMD
:: _________________________________________________________
echo.
echo     You are about to update Killing Floor 2 Dedicated Server
echo     Dir: %InsPath%
echo     Branch: %INSBRANCH%
echo.
%STEAMPATH%\steamcmd.exe +force_install_dir %InsPath% +login %STEAMLOGIN% +"app_update %INSBRANCH%" validate +quit
echo .
echo     The Killing Floor 2 Dedicated Server is now UP TO DATE

this will help you just change the SET STEAMPATH to the appropriate path including drive letter, same with SET InsPath etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0