• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Maneater Hotfix Is Live

Are you One X owners having overheating playing on Project Scorpio editions? I had overheating issues with my Scorpio One X with Bloodstained and Darksiders III. I had to reflow thermal paste on the heatsink. It's not overly difficult to disassemble your Xbox, but it will void your warranty. Took about 20 minutes and $10 worth of supplies (paste, spudger, screwdriver).

That said, I couldn't solve all of the overheating problems this way, and ended up getting a new One X, which has not had the problem. There may be some issue with the launch hardware.

My Scorpio edition plays RDR2, AC Odyssey, Forza quite happily for hours, but was overheat crashing on the first second of Maneater gameplay before the patch. While there is certainly some sort of quirk that makes them more crash prone, they definitely do have working cooling generally.

Upvote 0
Do you have the overheating issue on xb1 x? I'm reading quite a few reports saying the patch didn't fix the issue!!!!
No. The big one for me is the missing landmark being marked found with none of the unlocks. The patch basically made it so instead of adding the landmark for me to get, they gave it to me locking me out of the Shadow skin and about 4 achievements.

Upvote 0
Status report (PS4 Pro).

Replayed the game on v1.04, leaving caches/landmarks/license plates in each area. Finished the game.
Mopped up the remaining collectibles post-game.
Once I collected 100% in Crawfish Bay which I left for last, it triggered Queen of the Ocean and Platinum.

It even triggered with a grate left untouched in The Gulf, didn't open any of the tailwhip-gates and only reached infamy level 6.

So it's supposed to pop once every area on the map says 100%. At least it did for me. Didn't pop on v1.03 though.

Pausing the game and checking the Log-tab still puts me att 99% Story Complete even though I've finished the story. Don't know what that's all about.

Upvote 0
When will the next hotfix be made available for PS4? Not feeling the love when Xbox is three ahead. Game is at 100%. Says I have 21/21 of the nutrient caches in the Gulf area but there is no green check mark, so the trophy didn’t pop. So the game says it is at 100% and I cannot get “Ruler of the Deep”, “Queen of the Ocean”, “Deep Sea Explorer” or the Platimun trophies.

There is a nutrient cache in the gulf in a cave which was never visible when I played and still isn’t if I load an old save.

The last hotfix granted me 100% in sections which were not complete before too, so it seems like your hotfix took away gameplay by granting completed areas?

It seems like TripWire is no longer actively fixing this very buggy release?!? So when can the PS4 community expect the next update? Will it actually fix things or just shortcut the game some more?

The game still crashes a lot on the Sticky Pete fight too by the way.

Upvote 0
This is infuriating. How did this game make it out of QC? How could you not prioritize fixes to remedy progression issues? You crowed about this patch and then you deliver something that doesn’t even fix the issue.
I have purchased thousands and thousands of games in my 40 years of gaming, and I am about to do something I have NEVER before done: I’m going to ask Microsoft for a refund. I understand that games will ship with bugs. But bugs that completely jack up progression? Come on...”

Upvote 0
The game would be great if it hadn’t launched with so many serious bugs. The fact that one patch didn’t fix all the issues suggests that your QA process needs some improvements. It’s not like this is your first title...

Three weeks is a long time to expect customers to put up with a broken product!
I don't know what it is about underwater games but they tend to be buggy. Jaws Unleashed was a frequent crasher and lagged to death. Atleast Tripwire is fixing some bugs. Majesco never patched Jaws Unleashed.

Upvote 0
this patch didn't fix saving or crashing issues on Xbox One S.... towards the end, my game crashed to Xbox dashboard about 5 times, each time while on a loading screen. After one crash, the game stopped autosaving for some reason and I lost about an hour of progress, but this was fixed by exiting to the main menu and reopening the save file. Still bad framerate drops when fighting hunters too. me thinks there's more work to be done...

Reactions: Warlock7PSN
Upvote 0