• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

FPS test.

Cthulhu

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 10, 2006
Ok, previously I've ran ROOst on DX9 with everything maxed. I could play fine but my FPS was normally in the 10> area. I just did a test, setting my sound quality on low, using D3D rendering settings on LOW and had the same FPS.

These are my settings:

Intel Celeron Piece of Crap Edition
768mb of DDR2 Ram
nVidia Geforce FX 5500 256mb

If anyone with settings similar to this that's getting good FPS could send me their redorchestra.ini file I would appreciate it.

EDIT: FPS Comparison

d8un.jpg

d2pd.jpg

Sadly, there's hardly any difference in framerat between the highest and lowest possible settings.

Last edited:
the best way i found to increase my fps. rather than standing in a certain spot to check fps, use a benchmark prog like aqua mark3. it gives you all your stats, so you can see if any tweaks are working. also use gamexp to optomise your system for gaming. easy to find both programs, just google them. if you need more info on them pm me. also optomise your system (xp)before playing games it really helps. try www.tweakguides.com not just for your system(xp) but also r.o his guide on u.t 2004 is the 1 as red orchestra uses that engine.. hope this helps..:) but i dont think you will increase your fps by too much with that celeron thats your bottleneck....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks to me like you have your AA set pretty high which isn't even in the ball park of free with a 5500. Not to mention you've not listed your resolution. So I have to assume this is your fault for poor frame rate. As well as a Celeron should never be used for serious gaming these days. This looks like a simple lack of hardware & knowledge of how to apply settings to hardware.

Upvote 0
Devourer said:
Looks to me like you have your AA set pretty high which isn't even in the ball park of free with a 5500. Not to mention you've not listed your resolution. So I have to assume this is your fault for poor frame rate. As well as a Celeron should never be used for serious gaming these days. This looks like a simple lack of hardware & knowledge of how to apply settings to hardware.

I'm running everything at 1152x864.

I just checked and saw my antialiasing and anisotropic filtering were maxed. I turned them to application controlled. And I also changed my image quality settings to just quality.

And I know the Celeron isn't good for gaming, I got the cheapest PC I could get, then upgraded. When I get a job I'm going to build my own, this is just for right now.

Upvote 0
Cthulhu said:
Ok, previously I've ran ROOst on DX9 with everything maxed. I could play fine but my FPS was normally in the 10> area. I just did a test, setting my sound quality on low, using D3D rendering settings on LOW and had the same FPS.

These are my settings:

Intel Celeron Piece of Crap Edition
768mb of DDR2 Ram
nVidia Geforce FX 5500 256mb

If anyone with settings similar to this that's getting good FPS could send me their redorchestra.ini file I would appreciate it.

EDIT: FPS Comparison

d8un.jpg

d2pd.jpg

Sadly, there's hardly any difference in framerat between the highest and lowest possible settings.
Maybe a stupid question, but did you test in practicemode with bots? If so then that would explain a lot.
If I use practicemode with 32 bots then I get 35-50 fps no matter what detail setting I use. But when I play online then I get 75fps (sync refresh setting) no dips no matter how many people are in my screen or how many are shooting.
Your CPU is very important for rendering. But it is also very important when you use bots.

Upvote 0
^^
Those pictures were takne on Rakowice with ten other bots.

UPDATES:
OMFG! I went in and turned antialiasing and anisotropic filterin to application controlled and now I get an even 30fps at the highest graphics settings. I'm pretty happy. I'd like to get it into the 50+ area but this is fine for now.

Upvote 0