• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Make EDAR's Strictly a Matriarch Boss Fight only Addition

BeepBibbidy

Apr 14, 2019
So when i say "A Matriarch boss fight only addition" i basically mean, you could remove the EDAR's from the base game...meaning that they no longer spawn during the waves, and make them so that they can only spawn during the Matriarch boss fight, and not during waves. Same as the Abomination boss fight, and the Abomination spawns, the spawns are strictly "boss fight only" and dont spawn along side Fp's and Scrakes during the waves. thankfully.

This way you wont be "removing EDAR's" just "moving them" and so wont be wasting resources. imo i feel this would be quite fair because not a lot of people like the EDAR's due to them simply not fitting in amongst the zeds, and can be a pain to kill with a handful of perks and weapons, and are just irritating all around. but, This was just my opinion on the EDAR's and i just wanted to shed some light on what could be possibly done to change them a bit. (y)

I personally have nothing against the EDAR's, and to be completely honest they've helped me more than they've hurt me,maybe not the blasters and trappers, but i've lost count how many times the bomber have saved me by stumbling or knocking down raging fp's, scrakes and even the boss, plus the emp when killed has honestly come in clutch many times too... but thats not the point, they're still an absolute pain and im just speaking for the people lol

My POV since the very beginning has been to turn them into cyborgs... Put some flesh on their armored core. That way, they'd fit the zed hordes way more. Just as the Fleshpounds and Husks.

As for their role : if it's pissing you off, it means it's working. I mean personally, Sirens have always been my bane...Yet they are iconic enemies. Should they be removed? Don't think anybody would agree.

Yes EDARS are annoying to deal with, but it actually poses a challenge. Which is always a good thing. Plus the EMP effect is mad useful if you know when and how to trigger it.

Upvote 0
My POV since the very beginning has been to turn them into cyborgs... Put some flesh on their armored core. That way, they'd fit the zed hordes way more. Just as the Fleshpounds and Husks.

As for their role : if it's pissing you off, it means it's working. I mean personally, Sirens have always been my bane...Yet they are iconic enemies. Should they be removed? Don't think anybody would agree.

Yes EDARS are annoying to deal with, but it actually poses a challenge. Which is always a good thing. Plus the EMP effect is mad useful if you know when and how to trigger it.
The cyborg idea is quite a decent idea, shame they didn't think of that. but hopefully they'd make "Cyborg EDAR's" a seasonal zed skin at some point, possibly for the Spring update sometime down the track...maybe, i dunno.

But all i was saying was just EDAR's didn't get the most positive feedback at first, i understand that, i just wanted to share my suggestion about the EDAR's and the Matriarch, blah blah blah. but i 100% agree with what you said that, yes, yes they are annoying, but imo in a good way, EDAR's if nothing else introduced better variety and a new challenge, and i too do not want them removed just because their "annoying"

But like i said i honestly dont mind EDARS's lol, the only one i genuinely dislike is the Trapper because he can grab you as Berzerker and you just sit there like a duck... and sorry if what i wrote came off as just blatantley saying "Remove EDAR's from the game they're annoying lol" i was just throwing ideas around mate :)

Upvote 0
The cyborg idea is quite a decent idea, shame they didn't think of that. but hopefully they'd make "Cyborg EDAR's" a seasonal zed skin at some point, possibly for the Spring update sometime down the track...maybe, i dunno.

But all i was saying was just EDAR's didn't get the most positive feedback at first, i understand that, i just wanted to share my suggestion about the EDAR's and the Matriarch, blah blah blah. but i 100% agree with what you said that, yes, yes they are annoying, but imo in a good way, EDAR's if nothing else introduced better variety and a new challenge, and i too do not want them removed just because their "annoying"

But like i said i honestly dont mind EDARS's lol, the only one i genuinely dislike is the Trapper because he can grab you as Berzerker and you just sit there like a duck... and sorry if what i wrote came off as just blatantley saying "Remove EDAR's from the game they're annoying lol" i was just throwing ideas around mate :)

Oh I understood it, worry not my friend. I was merely speaking on a general basis : the amount of topics calling for their removal is astonishing. Which is why (in my opinion), having them stuck only to the Matriarch fight would feel like a step backward. I believe they should stay in the proper roster (in addition to the Matriarch fight...Although they should be slightly less numerous, since the boss herself is already pretty challenging)

The Trapper is easily the most annoying of the three, because the other two are pretty much variants of the Husk... They hit hard, from a distance. In terms of function, that's very similar. The Trapper on the other hand, really has an unique feature (even if you could say it's basically a long-ranged Clot). Yet, let's not forget they have a charge-up time, so you could flee them. And again, the goal is very clear and simple : it prevents you from kiting forever as you would with faster perks like the Gunslinger, Medic or Zerk.

Quite often, people get annoyed when the game prevents them from rolling over it. When it's actually okay to be kept on our toes.

It's just like the people asking for Dark Souls games to be easier, or that Doom Eternal doesn't have enough ammo. Spoiler alert : it's done on purpose.

Reactions: BeepBibbidy
Upvote 0