• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Console Gun skin crashing

Jax Dynomite

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 29, 2020
When I saw they had new weapon skins for the HRG guns and others I immediately bought them and when I started to put more on and go back to the gear selection my game would crash and it’s been happening over and over no matter how many times I put on the skins I feel like if I keep doing that I will have a game corruption please fix this tripwire I want to use the skins I bought but it seems like I can’t anymore

I have this same problem on my PS4 I have prestiege 4 skins and 2 dosh vault skins for the hemoclobber and Seeker Six when ever I have them equipped my game crashes. I would like to know if this is a bug that can be fixed or do i have to wait until the next update to use them let me know. Also platform: PS4, username: DragonForce_STK.

Upvote 0
I have this same problem on my PS4 I have prestiege 4 skins and 2 dosh vault skins for the hemoclobber and Seeker Six when ever I have them equipped my game crashes. I would like to know if this is a bug that can be fixed or do i have to wait until the next update to use them let me know. Also platform: PS4, username: DragonForce_STK.
Same question. :) Have you tried unequipping all cosmetics and then equipping these?

Upvote 0
Came here to report this exact issue. Prestige and Vault weapon skins are making my game crash after equipping.

I tried restarting, equipping in game, reinstalling the game, and yes, unequipping all cosmetics and then trying again. Nothing has worked.
We need to know specifics. Which prestige and vault skins are crashing the game. Are you getting an error message when this happens.

Upvote 0
We need to know specifics. Which prestige and vault skins are crashing the game. Are you getting an error message when this happens.
MP5RAS - prestige skin
Helios Rifle - Vault skin
spitfire - Vault skin
HMTech-501 grenade rifle - Vault skin
Zweihander - Vault skin
m4 shotgun - prestige skin

Error code CE-34878-0

I've reinstalled the game, unequipped cosmetics, tried equipping them in lobby after starting a game... same crash every time

Upvote 0
Just curious, if anyone changes their character that is selected to play with, does it stop the crashes?
Unfortunately, changing characters or cosmetics does not stop the crash.
Something else happened that was very strange,
The weapons I mentioned to you before that were causing my game to crash; I unequipped everything, and then equipped the ones causing the error. When the game crashed again, I opened the app and those were the only skins equipped! I played a game with the spitfire skin and it did not crash. I thought the problem was fixed so I equipped the rest of my weapon skins that had always worked previously. Crashed again. It seems a certain combination of skins that are equipped will cause the error

Upvote 0
I have posted this in another but out-dated thread but here is the problem. So I bought the bundle that has the mosin nagant and the riot sheild but when i try to equip the skins the game shits the bed and i get a (CE-34878-0) error message. Now i've tried everything but with no success so I'm wondering will this be fixed so i can equip the skins i bought or not? (P.S i can play with the guns in game it's just the skins that crash the game)

Upvote 0
On PS4 all of the m16 skins, the hrg skins, the squealer neon precious, any of the g18 c skins, and the blunderbuss skins. I have unequipped and equipped. I've rest my app by deleting and installing. I have a lot of precious items attached on my characters and tried different combinations to see if that could be the problem but it still crashes my game

Upvote 0
I also get this problem often, where I try to equip certain skins and then when I try to go over to start a match if I move over the perks tab it crashes my game, and then when I go back into it the skin(s) I equipped is removed so I can't use it, which is rather frustrating. If I try to avoid moving over the perks tab I can get to the game creation tab, but if I try to make one or join one I crash again. Here is the list of weapons and skins that crash my game:

All Compound Bow Skins
Stoner 63A - Vietnam
All Blunderbuss Skins
All Glock 18c Skins
Hemoclobber - Neon RGB
Spitfire - Neon RGB
Seal Squeal - Neon RGB
Helios Rifle - Neon RGB
MAC 10 - Neon

I also get a very peculiar issue where if I try to start/create a match, offline or online, on the maps Containment Station, Evacuation Point, Hostile Grounds, Power Core, or Santas Workshop my game crashes again with the same error I get with the weapon skin crashes (CE-34878-0), and if it matters, I tested all the maps as a short suicidal game. This has caused some problems when getting a daily objective to complete one of these maps, where the only way I can play them is by searching for a game and then trying to vote for the map I need to complete. This is all on PS4 and I hope this can help in solving the bug as a whole because I'd really like this to just stop.

Upvote 0
I also get this problem often, where I try to equip certain skins and then when I try to go over to start a match if I move over the perks tab it crashes my game, and then when I go back into it the skin(s) I equipped is removed so I can't use it, which is rather frustrating. If I try to avoid moving over the perks tab I can get to the game creation tab, but if I try to make one or join one I crash again. Here is the list of weapons and skins that crash my game:

All Compound Bow Skins
Stoner 63A - Vietnam
All Blunderbuss Skins
All Glock 18c Skins
Hemoclobber - Neon RGB
Spitfire - Neon RGB
Seal Squeal - Neon RGB
Helios Rifle - Neon RGB
MAC 10 - Neon

Can confirm that it crashes on PS4 every time when equipping these skins except for the Mac10 Neon RGB (unless you’re talking about a regular Neon skin).

It also crashes for some other weapons:

- Helios Rifle (all variants, not just RGB)
- Mosin Nagant (all variants)
- Riot shield and G18 (all variants)
- Killerwatt (all variants)

This should be looked at as it’s quite frustrating for everyone who bought or owns any of these skins. These crashes are not new either, they’ve been around for a very long time already.

Upvote 0