• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

2019 Xmas update was a turn off

Deleted member 87733

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 31, 2017
hello peoples, TW staff. I have an issue with the game, I do not find the desire to play it anymore since you released the 2019 Xmas update. For me it was a total bummer, I was expecting Xmas themed maps with holiday cheer! but instead it was a a horror nightmare. I love the updates you release for FREE but when the seasonal don`t match the update i felt sick and moved onto something else. I did give it a shot for a bit and i usually complete the objective for the prize but i couldn't keep playing, it felt weird and out of place. The new BOSS feels like she don`t belong in it like she did not fit the profile of the game as the type of monster you set her out to be.

My wife asks me, "how come you aren`t playing that blood and zombie game anymore you always played it and spent so much money on it"? Well, i said it sucks ass since the Xmas update and it was the worst one. I would like to try again but i can`t get passed the main menu screen, i feel sick knowing it was a shitty update.
Any solution to bring players back ?

>It's only ONE update my friend. Maybe next time will be better? It should be interesting at the very least, since a new time is on it.

>I actually find the Matriach to be a breath of fresh air. Not only do we finally have a Female boss, but we're back to a talkative one...and a brand new character too, unlike the previous two which were buffed-up versions of existing zeds. Now of course, she's more technology-based which might annoy some players. But I still find her fitting within the lore and universe.

>I was actually happy to NOT get yet another Christmas-themed map... I'm actually getting annoyed with the events, as they are the same each and every year. And benefit nothing to the KF universe. It was fun the first few times, but it has run it's course.

>I'd argue, as others pointed out, that a few prior updates were actually worse... But that's up to everyone. Some people left a long time ago, some people will leave afterward. We'll see. Personally, I'm still excited to try each new update.

Upvote 0
I'm kind of thinking we need a Matriach specific map that spawns way more edars (like Santa's workshop). Ideally a moonbase map.

I don't think having boss-specific maps to be a great idea... Or they should have unique properties tied to the map, to bring a new and interesting challenge.

Otherwise, it would basically mean knowing which perks and/or weapons to choose regarding the boss you're about to face.

Upvote 0