• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Mapping bugs, Chat bug and M16 grenade reload

Support

Jun 5, 2018
Hello TWI,

1 - Whenever you chat very often your chat message won't display at all, you have to type multiple times until the message is sent. This happens in lobby and in game. It has nothing to do with chat delay. In order to not not lose your message the best is to use the SAY command in the console. This bug is present on all the PCs i have tried, all running on Windows 10. This happens only in this game. This bug is present since the beginning of KF2.

2 - On some maps there are spots where your crosshair and your character will not stop moving as fast as usual. I belive this is related to errors while mapping. The surface the player is walking on is kind of acting like ice. You can see this bug on many spots on Power Core after the first room, but also on the new map Sanitarium, near the top of the stairs in the main room and at the trader near the shores and in many other places and maps. Also present in The Descent map AFAIR. I have to say this bug is very annoying once you spotted it. This also is present since the beginning of KF2.

3 - It would be nice if the M16's grenade would actually consider the reload finished once the grenade is in the chamber and the sound of the reload is finished. Even if you wait until the end of the animation and you switch to something else the game will consider it NOT reloaded which is quite an annoyance. You really feel like sound wise and animation wise that your weapon has finished reloading but no, the game consider you have to wait a few milliseconds more which is weird and inconsistent compared to the rest of the weapons.

On a side note would you consider a new difficulty higher than HoE and rework the Zerk and the Firebug so they require more skill? Maybe a rework of Zeerk and FB only for the PC version?

Cheers!

2 - On some maps there are spots where your crosshair and your character will not stop moving as fast as usual. I belive this is related to errors while mapping. The surface the player is walking on is kind of acting like ice. You can see this bug on many spots on Power Core after the first room, but also on the new map Sanitarium, near the top of the stairs in the main room and at the trader near the shores and in many other places and maps. Also present in The Descent map AFAIR. I have to say this bug is very annoying once you spotted it. This also is present since the beginning of KF2.

If this is what I think it is, I know the cause of this - and since you mention it on Holdout maps I believe it is.

This is due to rounding errors UE3 makes on large numbers, it happened a lot to me in early stages of development of Biolapse since the layout of Holdout maps spread the arenas out in a large area, meaning the XYZ coordinates of actors have very large numbers. The solution is to make sure maps do not go beyond XYZ ~80k uu from the origin.

However I personally have not experienced these issues before in previous updates. I have not played recently so some things may have changed and it may be worth looking into.

@Yoshiro @MollyciousIntent

Last edited:
Upvote 0