• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MG Gunner: Binoculars, maybe bot spotter

Capmatt

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 9, 2006
Florida, USofA
This was brought up in another thread last year. Couldnt find much on it.
I liked it so much I thought I would bring it back.

The idea of either giving the MG Gunner binoculars or maybe a bot to help the gunner put rounds on target.

In the case of binoculars, they would help you spot distant targets before switching to MG and shooting them. (This is if there is no bot for you)

In the case of a bot, the bot would spot for the gunner and call out if his rounds fall short, over, left or right of the target. This would obviously be difficulty but help alot.

Capmatt said:
This was brought up in another thread last year. Couldnt find much on it.
I liked it so much I thought I would bring it back.

The idea of either giving the MG Gunner binoculars or maybe a bot to help the gunner put rounds on target.

In the case of binoculars, they would help you spot distant targets before switching to MG and shooting them. (This is if there is no bot for you)

In the case of a bot, the bot would spot for the gunner and call out if his rounds fall short, over, left or right of the target. This would obviously be difficulty but help alot.

i agree, MGteams had 3 guys. reloader, Gunner and Spotter aka dude with binoculars ^^ so why sould they not the machinegunner have the abillety of spotting?

Upvote 0
ATM the ATgun, the MG and the Faust classes are all working with a little liberty since most of the time they always had 1 if not 2 other squad mates right there with them. I get the feeling that even in CA maps there simply arent ranges where a MGer would need a dedicated team and spotter. I get that feeling that that happened in more open environments such as kursk.

Upvote 0
A lot of German MG-42's had scopes on them. These would be a really nice feature for MG's, but it might give the German's too much of an advantage. I'm not sure the Russians had anything equivilant to this.

mg42_2.jpg

Upvote 0