• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

People aren't aggressive enough

Zawath said:
Camping really ruins the game. I think the game should automatically kill you if you stay in the same place for too long and don't take any objectives. This feature would only be for the attackers of course.

So your saying on Krasni, and i'm german, and theres a russian sniper in the tower, that instead of stayin in back covering the tower with the MG or rifle so my team can run down that street, I should automatically be killed? :eek:

Upvote 0
You guys have to remember that in real combat...capturing a pretty big courtyard like the one in Kaukasus could take hours, maybe even a day or more if the defenders are coordinated enough. I actually like having stalemates like that...where the Germans try to attack and get mowed down, then the ruskies counterattack and get shot to pieces. It just keeps going and going lasting for a whole round I love it! Thats actually what happened most of the time anyway.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'd rather have a strongly coordinated semi-attack that lacks total aggression, than a blind rush that drops our reinforcements to squat. There's knowing when to be aggressive, and when not. For example, if you know there were people in the Back Route trying to cap, it's good to rush then because their numbers will be significantly less to a full scale, etc. I myself hate the people that rush and waste all the reinforcements at being picked off at the same spot, never learning that "the enemy expects you there."

Upvote 0
z4o said:
So your saying on Krasni, and i'm german, and theres a russian sniper in the tower, that instead of stayin in back covering the tower with the MG or rifle so my team can run down that street, I should automatically be killed?
Sounds like you are doing the right thing. However, those 3 dudes standing next to you with SMGs are not. They need to charge down that street.

Two pieces of advice for those who pick the SMG class:
1) YOU and your fellow SMGers are supposed to be assaulting the objectives. If a rifleman is there with you, consider it a bonus.

2) Contrary to what you might think, you are more likely to stay alive charging a rifleman than laying back. If you charge, the rifleman knows he has one shot before he dies, and often misses. If you sit back, he'll just keep taking shots until he hits you.

Upvote 0
SyntH said:
Am I the only one frustrated on maps like Kaukakus where the Germans never effectively rush the courtyard, and instead sit back taking pot shots only to get blown up by a nade? It's annoying. People on offense need to show some urgency and play aggressively.

I'm not saying that people just commit suicide. But too often people sit prone on offense, waiting to see if the enemy will come into their view. If the enemy isn't there, ADVANCE! People seem to fail to understand that they can advance safely and quickly, and don't need to sit on their asses and be wannabe snipers, only to get naded by the defense.

dude im am completly with you on this!

i kept being the only person at the objectives because my team was just laying prone (it was the map with the tombstones)...
the scary thing is i was often even able to capture them after killing 3-6 guyes there....
it was infuriating i really wanted to have my team help its not nearly as fun alone.. you would think the fact my score was 3x the person in second place would have hinted as to the benificts of being offense!! (since my constant asking for "pretty please with sugar on top will you guyes move out with me" wasnt working)

Upvote 0
fivetiger said:
Sounds like you are doing the right thing. However, those 3 dudes standing next to you with SMGs are not. They need to charge down that street.

Two pieces of advice for those who pick the SMG class:
1) YOU and your fellow SMGers are supposed to be assaulting the objectives. If a rifleman is there with you, consider it a bonus.

2) Contrary to what you might think, you are more likely to stay alive charging a rifleman than laying back. If you charge, the rifleman knows he has one shot before he dies, and often misses. If you sit back, he'll just keep taking shots until he hits you.
Those three guys are your support

Upvote 0