• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A More Realistic Tank Damage Model

The IS2 in RO looks the most like the 1944 model, based on the pictures I've found. But I've only found one source for a practical ROF on the IS2's gun: battlefield.ru says 1.2-2.5 shots per minute; most places just say "really darned slow, because of the 2-part ammo". Going off that one figure, the reload time could be anywhere from as long as 50 seconds to as "quickly" as 24 seconds.

I did a quick test in RO of the all the tank gun reload speeds (except the T60), and the IS2 reloads at least seven seconds slower than every other tank in the game, although still not as slowly as the 24 seconds from the bf.ru numbers. I timed these out myself, with my watch's second hand. Feel free to add +/-1 second to these times due to my imprecise methods.

IS2 - 20s
Tiger - 13s
Panther - 13s
T34/85 - 12s
T34/76 - 12s
KV1S - 12s
PzIV F2 - 9s
PzIV F1 - 8s
StuG III - 7s
PzIII - 6s
SU76 - 6s

Upvote 0
BLind^ said:
thier reload times are all on the stats/profile pages btw, no need to time them
The Tiger, PzIII, and SU76 aren't (although granted, the PzIII has little, if any, relevance to the current discussion of the IS2, but I just timed it along with the rest). And the IS2's reload time according to its stats on the vehicle page is ~30 seconds, which definitely isn't the same as it is ingame.

Upvote 0
I,m sorry but 20s reload time is utter b******* even with split ammo and the cartridge being brass an average loader would geta a round ready to fire in under at least 10-12 seconds. Onnce the ready rounds had been used then the reload time would be around 20 s granted but a smart loader would have as many rounds at the ready as he could squeeze on the turret basket floor and the comander would demmand it.

And before you ask yes I have been in a russian tank and from all eras and yes I have seen and held the rounds in use.

Sorry too have another booo about this but it gets my back up a little

Upvote 0
boviboy said:
I,m sorry but 20s reload time is utter b******* even with split ammo and the cartridge being brass an average loader would geta a round ready to fire in under at least 10-12 seconds. Onnce the ready rounds had been used then the reload time would be around 20 s granted but a smart loader would have as many rounds at the ready as he could squeeze on the turret basket floor and the comander would demmand it.

And before you ask yes I have been in a russian tank and from all eras and yes I have seen and held the rounds in use.

Sorry too have another booo about this but it gets my back up a little

the round was in to parts because it was to large to load at one time I believe. So if a normal tank shell takes 10 seconds to load, in the IS-2 your doing that twice for 1 shell.

Upvote 0
Malice old bean it should take on average 5 secs to load a normal one peice anti tank round from the ready bins.

I have taken in to account the two peice ammunition in my first post.

The shell wieghs approximately 15 kg (AP) 25-30 KG (HE) with solid shot shells you could have as many as the space around you would hold rattling free. The 122 cartridge case would be heavier I need to find out how much heavier than the shell I could not see it weighing more than the HE shell.

I just need to check up on the space available in an IS2 the turret was a lot larger than the IS1 to accomodate the new 120mm rounds and give the loader space to to work effectively.

Upvote 0
LemoN

Seing as you are the expert can you tell me how many Tanks and of what type you have worked on, driven or restored I have a list as long as my arm, so the attempt at half assed Sarcasm dosn't really cut the mustard

One tip engage your brain before opening your mouth.

Sorry for the flamming but its these arm chair a**** who think they know when they have never been in a tank at all that realy get my goat

Upvote 0
LemoN wheres your Reply

LemoN wheres your Reply

LemoN

I am still awaiting yor response how many tanks ahave you actually been in please tell me.

Here's a small sample of mine

KV1
t34/85
IS2
t26
t55
t54
t62
t72

M4
M4A1
M4A3E8
M26
M47
M48
M60
M103
M4 (105)

A9
A11 Matilda 1
A12 Matilda 2
A13
A13 MkV
Crusader III
A22 Churchill
A27M Crusader
A34 Comet
A43 Black Prince
TOG
A33
A38 Valiant
A39 Tortoise

I could go and on LemoN I am waiting for your list

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have played RO for a while now.
The tank battles really impress me! No game ever done this well.
But I think the tank damage model should be based on penetration rather than HP.
I could name a wonderful game that used this thing.
If you ever played Combat Mission Barbarossa to Berlin you know what I am talking about. That games damage model was amazing. It had the armor model based on the actual armor thickness, angle, quality of steel!!.
I loved that game, and still have it.
There was no such thing as magic angle or things like that.
A kingtiger ripped a t-76 to pieces. As it should

Bovibov, I respect the fact that you worked and reloaded so many tanks.
But do you honsetly think that a poor soldier can keep up the fast reload times you mentioned?
Have you continuously reloaded the tank?
I mean you tire as you lift the heavy shells in a crammped space, which could be amazingly hot or very freezing. The tank could be moving.
The poor Ruskie mightve not slept 3 hours in a whole week.
So would he keep up the 10 sec reload?
NAWW!

I got no problem with the IJ2 reloads or other tanks, only the penetration should be modified somewhat.

RO simply beats any game thats out there now. ANd we shall patiently wait for the devs, because they are trying to give their best with this game.

Regards,
Hans

Upvote 0