• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Swamp

I'm requesting a map. I would like to see a map of a swamp where some Russian forces have retreated into after they have been surrounded by the germans. The Russians could have a little shack they have to defend and they could have some wooden bunkers laid around and the Germans would have to go wading through the water and junk and dig out the Russians. The only problem I see with this is that it would require lots of trees and it could effect the FPS.

[5.SS]Strother said:
I'm requesting a map. I would like to see a map of a swamp where some Russian forces have retreated into after they have been surrounded by the germans. The Russians could have a little shack they have to defend and they could have some wooden bunkers laid around and the Germans would have to go wading through the water and junk and dig out the Russians. The only problem I see with this is that it would require lots of trees and it could effect the FPS.
That'd be cool. Another idea would be to add thick moving fog giving the level a claustrophobic feel where you can't see anyone till they're right on top of you.

Upvote 0
That would sound a bit like the pocket at Minsk in 1941. They pretty much ended up in the Pripyat swamps.

Or the Volkhov swamps. When the Russians tried a push towards Leningrad in winter 41-42, a thrust in to Swamps was surrounded. The Russians managed to open a supply route, but nothing got through since the Germans zeroed in on the road and shelled it nonstop.

That would be a sight. Spring 1942. The Germans start off on a coudoroy road, with some destroyed tanks on it. There could be some isolated buildings, Russian positions in the swamps, and the Germans would need to navigate their way through flooded areas to eliminate the Russian pocket of resistance and an HQ.

Upvote 0
Feldwebel Crin said:
That would sound a bit like the pocket at Minsk in 1941. They pretty much ended up in the Pripyat swamps.

Or the Volkhov swamps. When the Russians tried a push towards Leningrad in winter 41-42, a thrust in to Swamps was surrounded. The Russians managed to open a supply route, but nothing got through since the Germans zeroed in on the road and shelled it nonstop.

That would be a sight. Spring 1942. The Germans start off on a coudoroy road, with some destroyed tanks on it. There could be some isolated buildings, Russian positions in the swamps, and the Germans would need to navigate their way through flooded areas to eliminate the Russian pocket of resistance and an HQ.

The Battle you are talking about was nicknamed the Green Hell. Russ Sneider wrote about it in Siege: A Novel of the Eastern Front, 1942.

http://www.russschneider.net/bk_siege.html

Upvote 0