• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"get Out!"

Lionel-RIchie

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 29, 2006
TN, US
Tank Soldat Christoph arrives on the battlefield with his company and prepare to saddle up and move out. Christoph spots a Panzer with only a driver in it sitting there and hustles over and jumps into the gunnery spot. "GEHEN SIE AUS!" and we're off...for 3 feet. The driver slams on the breaks and screams "GET OUT!"

Christoph scratches his head, perplexed. Get out? But then there won't be a gunner, maybe there is a pesky mosquito in the driver compartment that the driver is shouting at! A few seconds of silence then..."get your own tank!"

"But it is better to have two in a tank so you can be more combat ready"

"Nu uh, get your own tank"

Disgusted, Christoph hops out of the Panzer muttering "why I NEVER!" and watches the tank drive off. He sighs and hops into the nearest Panzer (or waits for one to respawn if it's a map with *few* (1 or 2) tanks).

So, anyone see this happening a lot? I've had it happen quite a few times. Sure, I'll drive a tank by myself sometimes, but only because I don't have anyone else to crew it with me. It's just *better* to have a gunner, seeing as how after a shot the driver can manuever while the gunner reloads...but some people just don't understand this! :mad:

/rant off

Happens, and to be honest, there are times where I am much more effective when I am in a tank all by myself, insted of having someone inside, either not stopping, or plasting away with the machineguns randomly...

Best way to cope with this is to find a "tank crew" which plays together on a regular base, and perhaps even has an own Teamspeak server. Then, you will have quite intense panzer fights ;)

Upvote 0
I will drive by myself but if someone else is around its always better to have two people in the tank. However if I am unsure of the other persons skill in the tanks I will take the drivers position and tell them to let me know when to stop. This way I can drive the tank into good positions and accutally stop when he tells me to.

Upvote 0
Yes and no. I can understand why some people solo it, as some incompetent people will go off and drive around constantly, not listening to the gunner, etc.

For example at one instance, the guy parked with everything to the right of our tank, so I had to move the god forsaken turret in a state of emergency. To make it worse, he parked us by a load of debris that the Turret wouldn't be able to make rounds across, so I told him to move. He didn't respond, we get fried by two guys who hop over and Panzerfaust us to death. He finally responds with "u can't hit nething, get out of the tank" and absolutely refuses to move the tank at all.

However, I still encourage the use of 2-3 to a tank, as Solo tankers generally get caught and killed before they even stop moving. T'is probably why I don't do pure Tank Maps. Combined Arms I find is best, because if you don't suck with tanks, you don't choose it without having to run the entire map, get killed, and run all the way back yet again to repeat the ongoing process. It's something we will never be rid of, but hopefully will improve in the future.

Upvote 0
I solo tank most of the time because people who I work with are often incompetent. It's not so big of a deal if they're gunning, because as a driver I can at least keep us alive with appropriate angling/placement, but when I'm trying to be a gunner and my driver will not stop, or drives right next to an enemy tank! It's irritating. However, multi-crewing with someone on Teamspeak is great.

Oh, and I always give the Get Out! command whenever a bot gets in a tank with me...

Upvote 0
I just find it annoying to pick the Tanker class on a CA map and not have a tank to use because someone prefers to solo (aka sit in the back of Konigs and fire from relative safety instead of supporting the infantry). I can understand not wanting to have an idiot in your tank, but hey I started out being terrible as a tank gunner but learned and got much better through practice.

I even prefer to play driver most of the time so I can hopefully entice the solo tankers to join up with me (since they like to be in control of shooting it seems).

I remember one Armor map where I jumped in a tank with someone, the driver bails out...red dot appears in the driver seat (Ooh, ok someone else joined the tank) and then vanishes after realizing they're the driver with another person on board...then another person jumps in the tank...then leaves :p gets kinda frusturating at times.

Upvote 0
i always give poeple a chance , but if a commander hops in i obey his everyword as good as i can. Sometimes i get people that hop in , drive off as i was lining up a targot , ok there weren't to know , but when i saw stop , they stop and straight away move on , or when they're stopped and im saying go they don't. once i was on konigsplatze and my driver sat there , i was in the tiger , certain i saw the enemy tank go one way , we were facing straight at a t-34 whoes back was facing us and he was trying to drive up a hill , but the driver said nothing.
I dont want to sound like someone who knows everything , i dont , its my first day of RO. but some people seem not to bother talking and informing you of enemy.

Upvote 0
Next time just suggest that you'd be willing to do the driving and let them shoot. It only takes a few good experiences working together to show someone 'the light'.

Yes, it is true that it can be very frustrating to crew with someone who seems to be a bit clueless and there are times I'd rather just do my own thing, but only when there's plenty of tanks to go around.

Just be friendly and helpfull and hope for the best. It's just the nature of online games and people.

Upvote 0
I too try to give people a chance. After all, we were all new to the game at one point, heck the game is not even a month old yet. I take time to try and teach people. the easiest way to be effective as an experienced player, is as someone said above....be a driver. A good tank driver in RO:O is like a fine wine. Rare and tasty! :)

I'll always, also, say "get in" when I am a driver, and slow for someone else to get in as well. A full tank is just more effective. Look for servers that do not allow a single crewed tank and start from there. single crewed tanks are clearly violative of the spirit of the game.

Upvote 0
You would expect there to be a feature to lock your tanks,but itell people to get out after having serval retarded teammates get in and ram into enemys or seeing that the guy is a bot witch doesn't go out. There needs to be a little message on the drivers spot that says "you try going max speed and aiming".

Upvote 0
tank maps, i always go alone. most tankers on a tank map players are noobs anyways, so chances are you'll end up with someone incompetent and frustrating. there are plenty of tanks to go around on tank maps so no one will be left on foot. if i know someone is competent i will team up.

combined-arms maps i'll always let someone in, because the tanks are limited. i'm much more tolerant of incompetent noobs here. however, i always go alone in a stug or su-76, especially if i feel like gunning instead of driving. there' no room for incompetent drivers in a turretless tank

Upvote 0
DudeWhere'sMyTank, I'm sorry, though I've played with and against you numerous times, that statement is quite literally, 100% pure squeezed not from concentrate bull****. Even on Maps where people solo Half-tracks I find there to be seldom ever any around, let alone Tanks. It's especially worse when jackasses hop out of the tank and gun someone else down. Then they have to spawn, and THEN wait for a tank, or leg it. It's just the fault of both types of players. The beginners, and the "veterans". Beginners have to get better at understanding or listening, and veterans need to learn to give chances. I wholeheartedly agree that if it remains to be unsuccessful with someone, don't work with them, but that doesn't mean you should not allow unknown people to try, or to gun them down/run off with a tank by yourself.

Upvote 0