• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
I've found that the best way to get it is to have a 5 button mouse, such as the Microsoft intellimouse. It's side buttons make excellent lean keys.

I think your way might make it a little too difficult, as there would be no way to easily get out of the 'lean mode'. For instance if a grenade came your way you'd have to hit the toggle key and then start to move. I can see a few people getting frustrated by trying to get away and being stuck only able to lean left and right as they're trying to flee.

Upvote 0
ShadowbaneX said:
I've found that the best way to get it is to have a 5 button mouse, such as the Microsoft intellimouse. It's side buttons make excellent lean keys.

I think your way might make it a little too difficult, as there would be no way to easily get out of the 'lean mode'. For instance if a grenade came your way you'd have to hit the toggle key and then start to move. I can see a few people getting frustrated by trying to get away and being stuck only able to lean left and right as they're trying to flee.
He said you'd have to hold the lean key, not toggle it on/off. I kinda like the idea, the only problem (and it basically kills the idea) is that the way it is now, you can strafe left and right while leaning. This ability is important because if you are behind a wall, it's important to be able to move in and out while leaning to maximize cover, while still being able to see behind it. This would not be possible with the one button system (unless there was an addition key such as sprint, that when pressed along with the lean key in conjunction with the left or right arrow, caused you to strafe in that direction, not just lean.)

Upvote 0
{Core}Steven said:
I think the lean system could be improved slightly by having only 1 key to lean. When you hold the lean key thats you "locked" in lean mode (kinda like crouch)

If I move my left key, I leane left and so on whilst the lean key is held.
I use right shfit for my lean and 0 on num pad and its not ideal having to keep changing keys for leaning.

That sounds great.. I use z and v now ;)

Upvote 0
I was just about to start a theread... then I searched and found this. What I would think be sweet is if there would be a leaning toggle key, to either hold down or press, and then lean by moving the mouse... maybe that could be something? or maybe it would suck, i dont known.. Im using z and v now since I am used to my bf2 settings withe q prone ande e use/enter.

Upvote 0
Norbert Wiener said:
I was just about to start a theread... then I searched and found this. What I would think be sweet is if there would be a leaning toggle key, to either hold down or press, and then lean by moving the mouse... maybe that could be something?

I was about to suggest that. This would be ideal for hiding behind a wall and then leaning out to fire some shots.

Upvote 0
Zell said:
I think a good system would be like Rainbow 6, where you hold down a 'fluid movement' button, and move the mouse up and down, and it fluidly changes your height. Of course, this would be applied to leaning instead. And, when you let go of the button, it snaps back to center.

Sorry for bumping this but i was about to make a topic about it and found this. I completly agree with having a lean modifier like rainbow 6 it gives us more contol over how far we can lean unlike now where it is 2 settings leaning full and not leaning at all and you have to keep edging round with your strafe keys to expose/hide more of yourself.

Upvote 0