• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gun Sounds

I do wonder about the "metal on metal" sound of the g43. Also, adding bass, even if it didnt really sound like that persay makes the room shake if you are using speakers which makes it feel more like a gun is being fired.

I will say that if you simply turn your sound up higher the guns sound MUCH more realisitic. The only thing is that you have to use speakers for that so as not to kill your hearing. I also find that what kind of output device (speakers, HFs, 5.1 HFs) you are using makes a big difference in how the game sounds in general.

Upvote 0
k98Lemur said:
The guns sound weak, they have no bass, the g43 sounds like a 22.
Fix it.

Are you for real? Every other Shooter in the world sounds WEAK compared to this game!!

This game has the most authentic sounding weapons I have EVER heard, if you want weak load up CoD2, DoDS, BF2, CSS or any other game...the sounds in this game are brilliant.

Sounds like you need new speakers.:)

Upvote 0
[CiA]Stiletto said:
I kind of agree with Lemur (heh)...while I haven't fired a G43 so I can't say anything about its treble, the guns in general need to have the bass kicked up. It's not that guns sound bassy IRL, but rather that you feel the blast waves slapping your lungs as you fire.

Get a ForceFeedback headset if you want to feel it, or a giant subwoofer, making the guns sound unrealistic should not be a fix for bad hardware.

I can warmly recommend the FF headset solution, all the bass with none of the hearing loss, try it.

Upvote 0
Gunfire is a sharper, more 'crack-like' sound than popular culture would like to have you believe. Hollywood (and I'm sure game studios too) commonly mix gunfire with things like cannon blasts and engine 'backfires' to achieve a more bass-filled and dramatic effect.

In short: the RO sounds ain't broke, they're the best :)

Upvote 0
Xancerman said:
can you tell me what system you are listening on?

I have an audigy 2 value, I have 5.1 kinyo headphones, and 2.1 logitech speakers. I put the bass all the way up with my creative sound blaster control pannel and also in windows and still the guns have little bass, even when I use my 2.1 and put the subwoofer on max.

Ive tried all the ingame audio options. 3D audio, hardware, eax, they all sound the same... weak!

I wish RO could have custom skins and sounds like DoD.

I have fired the K98 in real life and without a bassy gun sound in the video game, the game will lack the feel of the real blast.

Any advice Xancerman. How do u get the most bass out of RO?

Upvote 0