• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sniper Reloading Imprvmnt

Maltodextrin said:
I've always felt that for a multiple-round reload, a hold-to-reload system is best. Simply put, you hold down the reload key, and insert the rounds one by one, if you let go of reload, you stop loading.

Aye, i've seen that done in a few mods, and liked it, it'd be nice if RO:O would adopt that.

Also, it'd be nice if we didn't have to wait for the other rifles to run dry before reloading, its not exactly difficult to load a few rounds from a clip into the magazine.

They too could use the hold-to-reload thing, but it would require some more animation work ofcourse.

The biggest problem with the rifles right now is that we can't choose when to reload, in real life you could, just lock the bolt back and insert as many rounds as you can/want from another clip, no problem.

Upvote 0
We were kind of hoping for manual bolting to be a separate button, precisely so we could bolt out the remaining rounds and reload from a stripper clip.

While it's not that difficult, I really don't see myself stripping the rounds off of a clip into my pocket or whatever to single-load.

WRT the sniper rifle, I could've sworn you can still interrupt reloading with your fire key...but then again, I always duck into a safe place to reload anyway. *shrug*

Upvote 0
Perhaps i dint expln myself well enough in the Post...
I wanted to see a change in the fact that while reloading you cant just stop your reload halfway through...thus loading in only 1, 2, or only 3 rounds...
Like in the MOD where you could just click the fire button and close the bolt after something like 3 rounds...
because if i see someone and know i can get them with 1 or 2 shots i dont want to have to reload the entire 5 rounds befor i can get the shot off.

Upvote 0
Zbojnik said:
If the Mosin PU scope is raised does it not allow it to be reloaded with a stripper clip?
nope
Still not enough clearance

Maltodextrin said:
I've always felt that for a multiple-round reload, a hold-to-reload system is best. Simply put, you hold down the reload key, and insert the rounds one by one, if you let go of reload, you stop loading.
I think that if we were to go in that direction that it would be one push of the reload would reload one round...then press again would reload a second...However the M91/30 (unscoped) still is best loaded with a stripper sleeve.

Upvote 0
[5.SS]Strother said:
The other day I loaded two rounds somehow, I'm not sure how I stopped the reloading process but I believe it is possible.
I have encountered that aswell...What that is is a reloading glitch...
Where you will need to reload and begin to so...
after a few round it will stop and close the bolt...
the glitch is that if your avatar has only loaded 3 rounds, he has just waisted the other 2...
If you were to reload, thus filling up the Mag with those missing 2
You will begin to reload with another clip...
For me, it seems to happen on Barashka the most...while in the radio house

Upvote 0
1. You should only be able to insert rounds after you have fired (doesn't make sense to bolt another round in only to open the bolt and insert more rounds).
2. If you have not bolted after firing and you go back into IS, your sniper rifle should fall to the side like the other rifles do (don't know why this was left out).
3. You should be able to interupt reload by pressing fire or melee.
4. There should be a alternate reload method "hold reload till done" method (letting go closes the bolt) and the way it is now. It should be selectable in the same area as the different types of scopes is.

Upvote 0