• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Elder scrolls Oblivion

Where did you find it Israe? I have just recently started exploring just random areas, and I find that the forts usually have the best armor and weapons for me. Just found my first pieces of Dwarven armor (not using it though, I'm light armor only and speed is too important). I really wanna find some mithril armor, need an upgrade over my chainmail that I've had since Kvatch (I'm level 12).

Upvote 0
I could never use chainmail. I just traded out most of my steel set of armor for some of the Dremora and Imperial Legion equipment(got them from Oblivion and from a fallen guard from the raid on Kvatch).

You make most of your money in Oblivion through the fleshy pods, punisheds, and the Caitiffs defending the Sigil Stones. If their mace is glowing red, that's a good sign(they'll paralyze you for a bit, but you should be able to take them down fairly easily)

Upvote 0
Yeah but that's heavy armor ben, I specialize in speed and stealth, not in strength. But I just found my mithril cuirass, boots, and shield, and have FINALLY found low-requirement alteration and mysticism spells, so I got my levels in both to 25 (apprentice) and can cast soul trap. So now I can charge my weapons with the never-dying azura's star... a very nice addition to my abilities. :D

Upvote 0
The will-o-the-wisps start spawning everywhere when you hit level ten. As they turn invisible and damage your willpower and intelligence, pack enough restoring potions, if you don't plan to visit a chapel after everyone you fought.
As they do some hefty damage to your health too, I found them best to be fought torrero style:
Equip an item which got "detect life" so you see it when it gets invisible. When it charges towards you, put an arrow through it, then evade before it gets too close to hit you. Repeat this till one of you is dead ;)

Upvote 0
You can also find the gold dust required in one of the shops in the Market District of the Imperial City. Azura's Star is a reusable soul gem, theoretically letting you always keep your enchanted weapons charged.

My biggest problem now is that the enchanted weapons I have draw a LOT of charge and I can only use Azura's Star on non-human creatures. So anywhere with elves/humans I have to rely on the old weapons which, at my current level, are definately not good enough. Any way to make my weapons draw less charge or to find black soul gems easier?

Upvote 0
how does the game shape up after about level 20+? do things change ? more quests>? bigger things like dragons? new places to go?

I finaly got a good bow. slightly disapointing that i just hit level 12 and all the bandits have much better bows now. didnt even need to go out of my way to find one. disapointing but handy to lazy people like me.

Upvote 0
Hey guys,

I've read through this thread, and I've browsed through some videos of this game.. it looks great!

But I'm having second thoughts about pulling the trigger and buying it... I have no doubt my computer will run it, thats not the prob... is it worth the money, and more importantly the time invested to play this one? I've read some people, not only here but other places, saying the main quest isnt all that...

Should I save my cash or go get this one? I'm one of those guys that will deconstruct* a game in like a day or two, and what I'm afraid of is it's just a 'pretty' game without anything new or memorable about it. What would you guys say now that you've played it for awhile?

*meaning explore every last little corner/quest/storyline

Upvote 0
Well after a few weeks of playing I can safely say it's the most fun I've EVER had with any game, and will continue to play it. I'm not even near done with the main quest (barely got past KVatch), and have spent over 60 hours in it. Actually I'm only completely finished with one side quest (mages guild).

Also, I will probably, when finished with my stealth/destruction character, start a new game as a pure mage. Then another as a warrior, then one as a theif. I want to experience all of these gameplay angles. :cool:

Upvote 0