• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TacticalGamer.com presents: Wednesday RO Night

SOPs - "spawn squads"

SOPs - "spawn squads"

ah.. cool - didn't see this one before...

(from http://www.tacticalgamer.com/red-orchestra-official-rules-announcements-sops/71159-sop-tactical-spawning.html)
We have a need for Tactical Spawning within the game. At the beginning of the round we have a two-minute wait in order to get our tactics and assignments created. Here is what we need after spawning due to an early death.

1. The game will spawn you at the closest objective to the front.
2. After spawning, form local teams of at least 3 players.
3. After grouped, quickly elect a local leader and have him get orders from the CO.
4. Get on the Local VOIP channel.
5. Get a plan together and activate it.

The need to wait for others after spawning is to ensure that we have at least three people so that an attack/defense can be made depending upon what the Overall Leader directs. Spawning and getting back into the fight alone will not be beneficial to the team. A small squad/fire team would have a better chance to get to the objective.

Really looking forward to seeing this in action - the one thing i hate about RO is when you get stuck lone-wolfing it and there's no teamwork.

... oh, and to be clear, an SOP isn't a rule right? It's just "what all the cool kids are doing"? ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Actually if we get a good turn out we would love to populate the server every night. We have strived to give our community as well as the public a much tactical teamwork type play. Your comments are welcome both here and in the TG forums on what you think of our style.

Game time should be around 9PM EST or there about.

Come join us for some tactical fun.

Upvote 0
Tzefanya said:
Our server crashed early in the night and never recovered which was disappointing. It always seems like so many people want to play but there just aren't enough RO players to go around.

Yeah when I joined and finished loading there were only a small handful of people there (around 10ish? I dunno) including you, but then the map started to change right away so I bailed out. I love playing with the TG community (I never was a SM, but i posted a bunch on the BF2 forums and ONLY played BF2 on TG servers until my game broke), but I really didn't want to have ANOTHER 4 minute load and be on a server with only 6 players :p

Upvote 0
Tzefanya,

I had a _brief_ chance to play with you and others on the server last night. I will definately be coming back. I actually got to use and enjoyed using the loval VOIP last night. Unfortunately, with fewer players, the idea of waiting for two others before heading off was a little more difficult. But I expect it will get better tonight/this afternoon.

Upvote 0