• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

DieFledermaus

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 5, 2006
I was a bit let down by the "gore" after hearing so much about it.

However, I now see that I was just not seeing much of it during my first few days of playing. This has changed.

Yesterday I was on my way from the Warehouse to the North Rail Yard on StalinKessel, when I was killed by random artty.

All that was left of me was a grease stain, a blob of steak about the size of a human hand and one shoe with a calf sticking out of it. GREAT leg bone protrusion!

Later on I am heading down the trenches in that very sandy looking map and I see the german's are capping the first objective and I send two nades over where I saw some enemy jumping down into the next trench. I kill four guys and as I enter that little roofed section of the trenches I see a horrendous pile of meat and mess.

There was one corps with his leg blown off at the thigh, another great protruding bone effect coming out of his bloodied stump. And there were no less than four seperate severed limbs and one head.

I was trying to remember the key for a screen capture when someone shot me in the back.

Some of the moments are just gruesomly great! This one time on Odessa I had my trusty Mosin Nagant equipped and I ran behind a corner and literally saw a German one meter away from me, we stood there for a fraction of a second after which I looked the iron sights and pulled the trigger. "SPLAT!" and a red stain right in the middle of his forehead afterwhich he helplessly falls down. I was like "Well ****!". That had to be the most awesome moment in RO for me!

Upvote 0
Just 2 days ago I was playin StalingradKessel as a German,
I had just died and was spectating this guy walking into one
of the little supply rooms. He walked in cautiously, then all of
a sudden the room lit up with the flashes of a ppsh's muzzle.
This guy I was spectating didnt even get a chance to turn around.
He got shot so many times he was actually pushed back off his feet
and pounded into a pile of supply crates, then he just slumped down
against the crates.

It was crazy watching it happen, kinda felt sorry for him lol :(

Upvote 0
Yesterday, on Konigsplatz, I was German, in the Seisellgrasse (I know that's not how it's spelled, or even how it sounds, but you know what it is.) A 'faustman had just fallen right outside of cover on the right side. I was prone, crawling towards his fausts, when a friendly soldier came around the corner, running for cover. All of a sudden, a Ruskie tank fires an AP round, which flies over my head and vaporizes the other German, who was right next to me at the time. It was very disconcerting.

Upvote 0
shot00021edit2lt.png

Upvote 0