• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tank Hunting...

Deathsai

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 24, 2005
...is a blast. It was the most fun thing to do in COD:UO, and I'm glad that Tripwire has made it so appealing in RO:O. *Cradles Panzerfaust.*

shot000370sf.jpg

OMGWTF and Dark Wolf and some others playing on that server know my wrath. They were trying to use their Soviet tanks on Konigsplatz to support their infantry and cut off the lines of German reinforcements, but I just kept blasting them.

Nothing is better than turning the might of modern warfare, the armored fighting vehicle, into a heap of burning metal as a simple foot soldier, made of flesh and blood. Thanks again Tripwire!

Tank hunting has become some what of a pain in the ass in Ostfront with the screwed up tank damage model. 2 shots are always required and more if the server lags. So usually I wait for a friendly tank to strike first and then I finish them off. That or use satchels since 1 thrown on the engine deck is a guaranteed kill. Gunning down SU76 crewman with a pistol is also great fun.

And while we're on the subject of bragging about tank hunter skills.

120+ meter IS2 kill.

shot000408ft.jpg

Upvote 0
^^^ Very nice! Don't forget to watch your dirty mouth son!:D

Maybe it's just me; I find it hillarious that people who run a server supporting a game where you gun each other down get bent out of shape over words. Very strange, imo.

Back on topic. Tank hunting is definitely a very rewarding experience in RO. It can be tough but you feel a great sense of helping the team when you take tanks down as an infantryman. At least I do.

Upvote 0
Deathsai said:
...is a blast. It was the most fun thing to do in COD:UO, and I'm glad that Tripwire has made it so appealing in RO:O. *Cradles Panzerfaust.*

shot000370sf.jpg

OMGWTF and Dark Wolf and some others playing on that server know my wrath. They were trying to use their Soviet tanks on Konigsplatz to support their infantry and cut off the lines of German reinforcements, but I just kept blasting them.

Nothing is better than turning the might of modern warfare, the armored fighting vehicle, into a heap of burning metal as a simple foot soldier, made of flesh and blood. Thanks again Tripwire!

Heh, yeah, that was a good match there dude. We had the Ruskies so pinned, they were totally screwed. You were over there blowing their tanks over and over, we were on the other side cutting them off from the monument... It was a bad night to be Russian. Two of us were protecting (3FJ) Reiter, our MG guy and keeping him plenty of ammo. Just a good team effort!

Upvote 0