• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How can I mute all voice coms?

Helmut_AUT said:
Too many people babling into the mic...is there a setting that disables all voice com?

Nope is not. The funny thing is, i deactivated everything related to the voice thing, and i still hear everyone talking and because i cant understand them because the sound is stuttering its really getting on my nutts....

1. fix this sound bug
or
2. give us a option to disable this *censored*

Upvote 0
Yep, same problem with understanding. English isn't my native language, and when you have people speaking fast in slang, the voice tools become totally useless.

All it does is hurt immersion because the german pre-recorded commands sound a lot better, and I don't need to hear english school buys on my eastern front.

Upvote 0
Helmut_AUT said:
Yep, same problem with understanding. English isn't my native language, and when you have people speaking fast in slang, the voice tools become totally useless.

All it does is hurt immersion because the german pre-recorded commands sound a lot better, and I don't need to hear english school buys on my eastern front.

Not the understanding of the english language is my problem, i mean a soundbug which is reported several times at the support section with the augidy 2 and voice over ip at ro ost. The sound is stuttering or sometimes total muted and u cant understand or dont hear what the guys are sayin and thats 99% of the time... :( so voip is useless for me and i deactivated all related but is still running...

Upvote 0
VoiceVolume=0.000000

VoiceVolume=0.000000

Negative dude. I was having the same problems with disabling it. I ended up changing the voicevolume to zero instead of the default value. It works!! You can still see the icon for whos speaking but you wont hear the idiot. Just open up the RO ini and search for VoiceVolume. It was a life saver.

Upvote 0
I'd have to look at the menu again, but if anything, under the audio tab in configurations, there should be something there for disabling voice chat. Also lowering volume all the way, as mentioned above will work.

If your just trying to mute one or two annoying people, hit escape ingame and then goto the communication button I believe. Then choose the player name you wish to mute on the right. Once highlighted, on the left should be a check mark box to mute the players voice. (and you don't see their icon either).

Upvote 0
can i just say i really hate people who have voice turned off.
its really frustration, specialy when they are in the same tank as you, but also when trying to get some tactics going or calling for backup to a objective.
one guy drove me nuts as i was talking to him and he wasnt listeing at all!.
only later i found out he couldnt even hear me.
now i have to ask everybody if they have voice on or off in a tank, annoying to say the least, and typing commands is even more annoying.

a fix for the bad sound Q in game would be to try and tick on of off "use system drivers"

also there was a file posted in the old forum that fixed the voice com quality for most creative cards.
i'll go see if i can find it.

edit : ok couldnt find the file but i did find something else
its for UT2k4 but works for RO:O aswell.

System Driver: This option determines whether UT2004 uses the game's generic OpenAL sound driver, or an OpenAL driver specific to your sound card. If this setting is ticked, the game will use the default UT2004 driver (which seems counter-intuitive). However if you check in your \Windows\System32 directory and find an OPENAL32.DLL file, then unticking this option will use your sound card-specific driver. This may resolve any audio problems you are having, and it will improve your performance and audio quality. I recommend unticking this option if you have OPENAL32.DLL in your \Windows\System32\ directory.

if after ticking it off, and its still crap try looking for a updated openAL32.dll file.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nimsky said:
Funny thing is, the people want to get voicecomms to work are complaining because voicecomms doesn't work, but the people who don't care about teamwork are complaining as well because they want to turn it off. Yet neither is satisfied, because comms are still buggy.

Strange...:rolleyes:

My funny thing is, i complain because its impossible for me to fix the stuttering sound and because of this stuttering sound i cant understand no one over voice. So i want a fix for this or the option to turn it off, i'll test the thing with the ini and i hope it works till the stuttering voip sound is fixed for me!

Upvote 0
In your red orchestra ini look for this. Both of those erase. That way you wont heat the voip.

[ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem]
UseEAX=False
Use3DSound=False
UseDefaultDriver=True
CompatibilityMode=False
MaxEAXVersion=255
UsePrecache=False
ReverseStereo=False
Channels=64
MusicVolume=1.000000
AmbientVolume=0.500000
SoundVolume=1.000000
VoiceVolume=1.000000 <<<<<<<<<<<< This one
VolumeScaleRec=0.100000 <<<<<<<<<<<<<< This one
DopplerFactor=1.000000
Rolloff=0.500000
TimeBetweenHWUpdates=15.000000
DisablePitch=False
LowQualitySound=False
UseVoIP=False
UseVAD=False
UseSpatializedVoice=False
SpatializedVoiceRadius=100000.000000
EnhancedDenoiser=False
LocalZOffset=0.000000
DampenWithVoIP=False

Upvote 0
The_Countess said:
can i just say i really hate people who have voice turned off.
its really frustration, specialy when they are in the same tank as you, but also when trying to get some tactics going or calling for backup to a objective.

I had a guy using voice in my tank today, when I told him I couldn't hear him he simple started using the pre-defined keys and commands (which is really all you need if your driver has a few brains of his own).

As much as I enjoy teamwork, yesterday night a few dudes wouldn't shut up the whole game long, and just talk on and on and on... They weren't saying anything really important, just blablabla. I don't have the time to mute everyone single-piece.

Upvote 0