• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stalingrad Volgo crossing and Taking Red Square

I think allot of RO gamers want to see a good Stalingrad city fighting map, or more or less than it was a city fight in that period of time.

If the majority wants to have a map like this, then i would like to do some work for it. When we can get a team of people who would like to participate and do some work for a map like this. Then i would say lets do that, lets show what we want.

They wil not do the work until we made some first steps. We should convince them. ;)

Upvote 0
myzko said:
Bleh, I'd rather want Winter War in finland :D

Looks like you came out an inch ahead of the historical outcome :D

I would rather see a factory map, the Tractor Factory or the Barrikady works. The area around the factory complexes was a desert of rubble by October of 1942. I could see it now, the Germans will have to crawl and weave through the rubble under the Russian fire, and then take the factory itself.

Upvote 0
Deathsai said:
Yup. Not in a battle scenario, though...

How? :D (I can only play scenarios o_O)

btw: Just played Continuation War /Operation Barbarossa, invaded Leningrad and Murmansk etc with Finland! Muheheh, huge terriotoral claims XD (to bad the finns in rl only wanted to take back what they lost in winter war, and nothing more)

Upvote 0
Kalashnikov Slamdunk said:
u mean the pavlov appartment?
the pavlov map blew corn.
sorry but it did lol...
if there were to be a map that took place inside building(s) it would need to be a fairly open building with a few floors...not just stairs and places to through nades down at the floor under yours...the entire pavlov map was so pointless lol...good idea but bad outcome...the bulk of the action (or nade whoring) took place in one small building...while the rest of the map saw 0-none...not counting the occasional mg camper that would spit rounds through the windows hope'n for a kill or two.
the new map would need to be dark with alot of isls, catwalks, and rooms...wile still keeping a distinkt cap zone structure...
oh man what was the name of that one old custome CoD map.....................................I think it was Gradlinsta or something like that. if anyone remembers it thats kinda like what im talkin about but on a larger scale...

Upvote 0
Knapp|3. SS| said:
I would love to see a map taking place entirely in a large apartment building...axis spawn top floors and Allies spawn bottom, then have 3 middle "neutral" floors to be fought over.

Agree, but let's make it real challenging shall we :)
So no smg's, no nades, only rifles (bolts no semi's) and 1 mg for each team.
It would provide some fierce melee action and the mg could provide some good defense.

Monk.

Upvote 0
Monkwarrior said:
Agree, but let's make it real challenging shall we :)
So no smg's, no nades, only rifles (bolts no semi's) and 1 mg for each team.
It would provide some fierce melee action and the mg could provide some good defense.

Monk.
I think a map based only in one building even with several floors would be too boring after a while, but i admit that there shouldn't be nades or automatical weapons exept the 1 mg per side. Still i think a big urban map with some open space in the middle would be nice.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0