• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Different spawn times for different classes

I've been plaing with the same idea. It would give extra meaning and satisfaction of taking out enemy MGers and snipers. Same thing can be done with tanks. For example on koningsplatz, if you take out the IS2, it would be cool if it was unavailable for some time.

The player that was killed as a rare class (sniper,...) would automatically become a rifleman when he respawns. When the sniper role becomes available again, a message can indicate this to all the players. As from then, the sniper role can be selected again.

Discuss!

Upvote 0
the first idea sounds like a great idea to me,

then taking out a tank or sniper will actualy mean something, and not just having them back in postions in under 30 seconds.
it'll also make those roles more important, as wel as make not having those roles less of a drag, because you will still respawn just as fast as normal giving more play time.

not to sure about the 2de idea,
every time the sniper gets killed half your team will stop dead in their tracks and hit f7 trying to select the sniper role.

and just randomly rotaning people into the sniper role is a bad idea from my perspective, because i REALLY dont want to play as a sniper (i'd just feel cheap and dirty)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cnnbs said:
Because snipers support guys and commanders are rare in a squad or company.Therefore they should wait much more for their respawns or reinforcements.This will especially work on maps like odessa red oktober or stalingradkessel.

Yes.

Proud_God said:
The player that was killed as a rare class (sniper,...) would automatically become a rifleman when he respawns. When the sniper role becomes available again, a message can indicate this to all the players. As from then, the sniper role can be selected again.

Discuss!

No.

Upvote 0
Byte Me said:
Also, snipers are pretty much nerfed now, so making them spawn longer wouldn't have much of a effect.
WHAT? are you crazy? sniping has never been eazyer, thats including comparing it to real life. in fact its probably ridiculously eazy now, just rest your gun and start poping off heads with the big fancy uber scope without a worry about sway or jitters or your own breathing ect ect. its basicly just point and click.

Upvote 0
If they can do it sure, it will get the tards complainig about not being able to get "good" classes to shut up. I'm all for it if balance works. It will certainly improve teamwork to keep those classes alive, make the players in those classes more averse to death, and deter people who want to run and gun from playing them since they have to wait longer if they die.

All this ofcourse depends on blancing. It also might get players to pick up a downed machine gun (a VERY common practice in the german army). It hurts me to see an mg42 sitting there in the dirt.

Upvote 0
When do people learn that there are no "good" and "bad" classes? Especially for new players, it is important to learn the basic classes and the maps before they can be successfull. Especially as snipers and MGers it is crucial to know exactly where (and when, judged by the last wave) the enemy will come from at any position and situation, also keeping in mind of how will they react if they know or don't know your position.
If you don't know this, you will be most likely outflanked and killed before you can do much harm.

Also, most people demanding to have the class they want NOW lack the simgle most important thing for a successfull sniper or machinegunner: patience. I have sat out whole rounds only engaging a handfull of enemies while I was guarding an area. It might seem that the firepower of the MG was "wasted" because I didn't have a high body count. But the rest of my team handled the situation well enough, and even this handfull of enemies could have turned the tides if they had gone unhindered. Also, there was always a possibility of a large scale attack, so I was there in case to stop them, or at least slow them down, and warn the rest of my team...

Guess I got carried off a little... well, bleah :p

Upvote 0
Bad idea. It's not as if the snipers and machinegunners should be punished for playing that class, and this is coming from an avid rifleman. They are not superior to other classes, which it may seem to some. The sniper isn't very effective in offensive combat and the machinegun is inferior to most weapons in many cases. Infact, it's the hardest weapon to use ingame. The class balance is already achieved with class limits, and as a matter of fact, most of the time the top players in the game are riflemen, because the bolt action rifle is really the best allrounder in the game.

Upvote 0
MkH^ said:
Bad idea. It's not as if the snipers and machinegunners should be punished for playing that class, and this is coming from an avid rifleman. They are not superior to other classes, which it may seem to some. The sniper isn't very effective in offensive combat and the machinegun is inferior to most weapons in many cases. Infact, it's the hardest weapon to use ingame. The class balance is already achieved with class limits, and as a matter of fact, most of the time the top players in the game are riflemen, because the bolt action rifle is really the best allrounder in the game.

110% agree.

Upvote 0
An excellent idea. There were rarely more than one sniper in any sector, so even giving snipers only a few lives (before they'd have to change to a more common role) would be much more accurate.

Or just have one sniper rifle per team. The weapon would survive through the battle, but only one guy could start the game with it. It might make snipers think about surviving instead of taking as many guys down with them.

It's sad that the sniper class has become such a common phenomenon in FPS games. They're not a common sight on battlefield... However, removing the sniper rifle would make the game "lame" in the view of so many people who have seen too many sniper movies and dissuade many from playing the game. For some reason, murdering people without personal danger seems to attract many people (and then they think they're 1337 when they get kills in the easiest way it can be done - hiding and sniping). I'm not one of them. In games I like to experience the danger that the common infantryman must face, and I almost never play the sniper class in any games.

Upvote 0