• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Randomly exits server to menu

same problem here,
same router here too.

unpluged router,
stopped getting dropped.
reset router and cable modem and
trying old set-up to confirm.

yep, that is the problem.
reinstalling the router caused
connection drop to main menu.

any ideas what router
settings to check/reconfigure?
Red-O does not like my router;
no other Steam apps do this.

Luft!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had mention before that I got a new machine and was still experiencing the problem of being kicked to the main menu, well last night I hooked up a new Linksys 2.4 GHz wireless router and hard wired into it. I played for over an hour and a half non stop without a problem. So hopefully the problem has been fixed, if the problem occurs again I will post as soon as it does, but I am keeping my fingers crossed (which it is very hard to play that way).

Upvote 0
Hhmm, I do a lot of networking in my day job but this is difficult to fix. For some people, it could simple be slow pings, eventualy leading to a timeout. This is when people around you seem to spin and "warp" across the scene.

For those with routers...do your routers have any kind of log enabled that tells what they are doing?

And what modems are those? Cable Modems, an "always on" connection basically? The last thing that should happen is the Cable Modem to reboot. Unless it gets bombarded with hundreds of bad packets from the router.

You guys really deserve a fix but we need a way to log what your routers are doing.

Upvote 0
Helmut_AUT said:
Hhmm, I do a lot of networking in my day job but this is difficult to fix. For some people, it could simple be slow pings, eventualy leading to a timeout. This is when people around you seem to spin and "warp" across the scene.

For those with routers...do your routers have any kind of log enabled that tells what they are doing?

And what modems are those? Cable Modems, an "always on" connection basically? The last thing that should happen is the Cable Modem to reboot. Unless it gets bombarded with hundreds of bad packets from the router.

You guys really deserve a fix but we need a way to log what your routers are doing.

Could you please tell me how to find logs or anything that would help acess the problem? I have a linksys wired router and everything else runs fine besides this game, always getting kicked to the main menu about every map mostly twice a map.

Upvote 0
I'd be glad to supply whatever the devs need to know, but I need to know what and where to send it. I may even be able to get some server logs at the time it happens for them to look at. I don't think it's a ping issue as the game runs fine both before and after it happens, and every other internet app I use works just fine.

Upvote 0
Stevenson...at home I use an SMC wired router (a model that has been around, with some firmware updates, for 3 or 4 years now) and in the web interface, where you can configure settings and such, there's also a "status" site that shows the current connection, IP adresses and such.

Below that is a very simple textbox with a very basic log output, such as "blocked attemp from IP XYZ on Port ZXY" or whatever it writes there.

I know that the "barebones" of these routers are very similar, so are the web interfaces (I've seen Belkin and it's the same there). So with any luck your Linksys router also writes a basic text log somewhere.

Also, if your Cable ISPs are anything like austrian Cable ISPs, your modem will write it's own log, which can actually be quite elaborate. You'll need to contact your ISP to have it checked - tell them your modem has been rebooting during a certain application, they might be able to tell you in detail why it happens.

I know that when I had a bad network card the guy could even tell how many "bad frames" had arrived at the modem LAN side, so some of these models track network traffic in great detail.

If we can get informatiom from the modem and the router on what happens at the time of the reboot/drop to menu, then we'll be a bit more clever I guess.

Obviously, what you can also always try is to upgrade router firmware to latest version.

Upvote 0