• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Long load times or laggy keyboard response? Fix here :)

This is the same topic I posted in valve's forum, [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]DogGunn's method didn't work for me:(

[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]I have the same problem.

Been using a timer to see how long it takes to load maps.
In practice mode it takes about 2 minutes something.
When I go multiplayer, it takes about 3 something.

I have 1 gb ram, it's dual channel, 2 identical sticks at 512 each, 2.8 processor, so systemwise I am ok.

[/FONT]

Upvote 0
Dogguns method of cutting and pasting didn't work for me either. I know the amount of RAM you have makes a difference, but I've talked with guys who have the same as me (1gig) or less, and they don't have lag time of getting into the game.

Just cutting from the forum creates a jumble when you paste. Could someone post exactly what lines need to be changed, and then that way we could go in and do it line by line.

Thanks for all of these helpful posts.

-Mac

Upvote 0
Pzt_Mac said:
Dogguns method of cutting and pasting didn't work for me either. I know the amount of RAM you have makes a difference, but I've talked with guys who have the same as me (1gig) or less, and they don't have lag time of getting into the game.

Just cutting from the forum creates a jumble when you paste. Could someone post exactly what lines need to be changed, and then that way we could go in and do it line by line.

Thanks for all of these helpful posts.

-Mac

You just have to read Doggun's post a little more careful. On the bottom of his message he tells exactly what lines to change.
Also, I noticed that a lot of people have a problem when pasting Doggun's method, that's because he has his own settings there. Just change the 2 lines, all it takes. Use the search function in the opened textfile, and you will do it in less then a minute.

Upvote 0