• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Russian transport truck

Tsoman

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 8, 2006
Can the russians have an unarmored truck that soldiers can ride in (if they had one in real life, of course).

Since it would be unarmored with no machine gun, I think the riders should be able to shoot out of the truck. Like maybe if you go into iron sights while riding, you aim the gun out, kinda like hiding behind cover works.

Can you say suicide? A truck is for transporting troops, NOT for assualting. Though there are probably rare instantces of it happening in WWII, most of the attackers probably died. A car is not cover, not even the all metal ones back in the day. Though being the maps the way they are, I could see the need for a truck and the ability to shoot out of it for DEFENCE purposes only (like in case your driver is a dumbass and stops the truck in the middle of a occupied town or village). Of course the occasional idiot would try to do a drive by, so I suggest you can only shoot out of the truck when it is going 10 mph or less.

Upvote 0
Tsoman said:
The important thing is that you can shoot out of it

can anyone say driveby?

Too bad by the time it got anywhere near an enemy it would have been riddled with bullets.

Try it with a friend's pick-up truck. You need two groups of people, one that is armed with automatic weapons. Have some of your friends load up into the pick-up, and drive as fast as they can at the armed ones. See how far the truck makes it before it collapses or everyone inside is dead.

Don't operate the firearms without adult supervision, please.

Upvote 0