• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TacticalGamer Server #1

Tzefanya

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 5, 2006
I just loaded up my brand new mutator on it. It now features the following:

1.5x Map Time
2.0x Reinforcement Time
Blackout for Waiting/Dead Players
Friendly Tags (without focus, 25m)
Increased Friendly Tags When Focused (35m)

The friendly tag mutator will be release to the public by Friday (most likely). You can specify if you want *any* friendly tags, if you wan't friendly tags without focus, and the ranges for each type (non-focussed and focussed).

Check out our community at http://www.tacticalgamer.com

IP/PORT: 70.87.55.26:7757

Not sure if the devs care, but I was using the including FadeToBlack(0.0) (instant fade) in the ROHud class but for some reason on certain clients it wasn't making their screen black, only darkening it. (see: post)

I created my own function to simply black out the screen and it works fine.

I tried all different gamma/brightness levels (including monitor settings) to no avail; I couldn't get FadeToBlack(0.0) to go completely to black on some clients.

The mutator 'RO Hud Package' is now available for download:
http://www.tacticalgamer.com/red-orchestra-map-mod-development/71036-mutator-ro-hud-package-released.html

Upvote 0
lacisghost said:
Wow good stuff. Just out of curiosity, I am assuming the friendly tags are a way to mark friendlies from enemies. Is that correct? plz fogive the newby question.
We hated the fact that sometimes you wouldn't know who was standing next to you. It became a hassle to ask people who they were when in real life you would obviously know by their face. What the mutator does is show friendly tags for anyone in front of you who is within 25m and not hidden behind anything.

Upvote 0
I've disabled the Blackout mutator due to requests. I'm also installing the team-kill mutator which allows you to forgive team-kills by typing 'np' into the chat. If any clan doesn't have a server and is looking for one to 'call their own', TacticalGamer listens to feedback and would love to fill our server every day of the week. Wednesday's are dedicated RO nights, and Thursday's are dedicated Tank-only nights. Stop by our community, chat it up, and provide input and feedback on our server, the server YOU want to play on. Thanks.

Edit: Actually, I'm not installing the tk-mutator until more testing can be completed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tzefanya said:
I've disabled the Blackout mutator due to requests. I'm also installing the team-kill mutator which allows you to forgive team-kills by typing 'np' into the chat. If any clan doesn't have a server and is looking for one to 'call their own', TacticalGamer listens to feedback and would love to fill our server every day of the week. Wednesday's are dedicated RO nights, and Thursday's are dedicated Tank-only nights. Stop by our community, chat it up, and provide input and feedback on our server, the server YOU want to play on. Thanks.

wow, the forgiving TKs thingy sounds awesome. you the man! :D

Upvote 0