• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

more mapzzzz plzzzzz

PzYcH0

Mar 3, 2006
yeah i just wanted to ask if there will be jucha, danzig and warsaw in the near future in ro :)
i really loved those maps in the mod (especially jucha, with multiple ways and almost no grenades), cuz they were only infantry and it shouldnt be much of a problem to convert them!

and as additional question: does anyone know wether there will be converted versions of maikop and koitos?

PzYcH0 said:
cuz we miss the maps from the mod :)

The petition is actually for "All-original Content", or something along those lines. In effect, it wants to limit direct ports of old maps, since most are getting pretty dated and don't stand up too well to the newer maps, and many have been played to extinction (Koitos, Berlin and Warsaw :p ). Instead, it aims to promote all-new official and custom maps.

I'd much rather see new maps that were loosely based on old ones, but were completely redesigned for the better engine and enhanced scenery and gameplay.

For example, a "remake" of Moscow Highway might remove the little snowy ravines that close in the map and include some wide, snowy fields to assault across, with thick dark copses of trees and rolling hills. You could even throw in a Pz-III to support the assault. Same goes for the rest of the old maps - keep the atmosphere and general gameplay, but redesign it with a new layout and gameplay improvements.

Upvote 0
Warsaw and Koitos should be left with the mod. These were just SMG hipshooting maps that belong to the DoD & CoD crowd. Im sorry, i know some of you liked these maps but to me they were just clostaphobic, twitch, quake maps. I hated them.

However id love to see a rework of Jucha, Maikop & Danzig moulded around the updated graphical engine and using gameplay tweaks to make it less of a spawn camp fest. My best memories of the mod came from these kind of maps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0