• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Leaning

takadi

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 15, 2006
I have two gripes with leaning.

First off, I don't think you should be able to shoot or have your gun ready when you are up against a wall with your face towards it, unless your gun can magically go through the wall. It should have it so the gun is held against your chest until you lean or get back from the wall, at which point the gun will be held in ready position again. I feel this is just more realistic, and in terms of gameplay it'll just prevent people from getting ready in IS while behind a wall, only to pop out and shoot with IS mode all ready to go

Second, I don't think one should be able to shoot while leaning to the left. Think about it, you're holding the gun with your right shoulder, it would be extremely difficult to lean to the left and shoot in the proper position. WWIIOL takes this into account and doesn't have the gun in position when leaning to the left.

Last edited:
1. I agree (somewhat), if you have IS up and you press lean (either way) it should take you out of IS (doesn't matter if you up against a wall or not). You can still use IS while leaning, in Americas Army if you press lean with IS up, you bring them down, lean out, and bring them back up (I don't know if this would be the prefered method, some people might want to have to press the IS key again to bring up the sights). Although,this is not a big problem, at least I've never seen it happen often enough, to warrant a change. Also, I never really get kills while leaning (in IS or not).

2. I don't agree. Its possible, but I think you should expose more of your body if you lean to the left.

Upvote 0
Whether it can be done or not by a regular person is beside the point. Both of these would not be done by the common soldier, during combat, in WWII. The only way I can see a WWII soldier firing their rifle with their left shoulder and leaning would be if there were a bigger accuracy punishment compared to that of when it's fired from the right shoulder. Swaying should also be increased.

Upvote 0
takadi said:
what in the world is pieing? The act of being one of the three stooges? :confused:[/quote
It's slowly creeping and peeking with the weapon ready to engage around corners. The idea is to see some part of an adversary who is on the other side before he can see you, and engage what you see if need be. The weapon would be switched to the other side if moving to one's weak side. It's a modern technique, but since necessity is the mother of invention, its not beyond the realm of possibility to assume that someone may have peaked around a corner while minimizing their signature at some point during the intense house to house combat of WW II, despite its absence from any training manual of the period.

Upvote 0