• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Grenades/sachel charges damaging tanks

Just earlier today I was playing Arad, I was sitting in a Panzer
shooting at an IS2, between reloading another shell and hitting
the IS2 with a fatal shot to the engine, I had a pesky little Ruskie
chuch a handgrenade under the hull of my tank which actually
screwed up my engine, guess the scrapnel/pressure broke
somethin back there xD

Upvote 0
82ndfrag said:
Just earlier today I was playing Arad, I was sitting in a Panzer
shooting at an IS2, between reloading another shell and hitting
the IS2 with a fatal shot to the engine, I had a pesky little Ruskie
chuch a handgrenade under the hull of my tank which actually
screwed up my engine, guess the scrapnel/pressure broke
somethin back there xD

see I have yet to see my engine stop working. I have seen that engine icon appear, the tank me all red and tracks fall off but I have never seen the engine just stop working and the tank stop moving

Upvote 0
the only thing a grenade is gonna do to a tank is to maybe destroy a track if it's lucky.. but it seem in RO it actully does damage to the tank.. which sucks..

and a satchel charge shouldent have any effect on a Tiger/IS2 cuase it really dosent have any penatration capability only shere force and imho a Tiger/IS2 should be able to wistand it (not sure if it was placed under the tank though)

Upvote 0
Satchel charges are way overpowered against heavy tanks. Sure the explosion could jam the turret, disable the engine or break the tracks, but a satchel charge blowing the whole thing up is just... wrong. A shaped charge, be it a mine or a grenade works the way it does for a reason. The reason that is several centimeters of armour steel. Sure I guess a satchel charge going off under the the tank might have some disastrous consequenses, but in general they should be way less effective, at least in terms of destroying the entier vehicle.

Upvote 0
The only time I'll toss a nade at a tank is ifI can toss it inside an open hatch, and only if the situation is unavoidable. IMO if all I have is nades and a weapon, I've got no business around tanks. I have other objectives given my role.

On the other hand, if I 'm carrying satchel charges and the opportunity presents itself, I willfully do as much damage possible (heh,heh)though my priority is to kill the occupants. For whatever reason the charge failed maximun damage, useually they'll bail and I'll engage with the upper hand and thats that. Chances of someone qualified being near enough to use the tank are slim and I would just engage with them as well. However, this is slim too, unless your spotted and the tank starts to move, Satchels will generally blow the crap out of a tank.

Good Gaming ! ! !
icon14.gif

Upvote 0
Valac said:
Grenades do not do damage against tanks. If you were in a tank and killed with a grenade, one of 2 things happened. You had your hatch open, or you are mistaken.

no, you should try it out yourself. nades can damage and tanks. i've had my tracks blown and engine damaged by nades. i've been destroyed by repeated nades in a t-60 on hedgehog (took 5 or 6). i haven't seen other tanks destroyed by nades but with this cumulative hitpoint damage model i wouldn't be surprised if they too can be naded to death

Upvote 0