• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[WiredMag] How the Reds Conquered Unreal

MÆST

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
I doubt a scan would be allowed, and usually articles appear on the Wired website pretty quickly but if you're impatient, check out page 146 of this April issue of Wired. Sad thing is, the page long blip is about the mod version, no mention whatsoever of the new Ostfront game. And Wired is usually real good with keeping on top of what's "wired, tired and expired."

Though I do find the last line of the article ironic:

Red Orchestra swept Nvidia's Make Something Unreal modding contest last year, winning $370,000 and the right to release a stand-a-lone commercial version. Just remember, guys: It's all fun and games until it becomes a real job.

So is it still fun and games? ;)

[RO]Wilsonam said:
The reason that its about the mod, is that it was intended to be in a whole article/series about modding :p

And I'll have to slap them - they promised to mail me a copy!!
Ya, I realize that, but I was at least expecting a mention of how the Unreal license that was won was used to create a standalone game (that is now out for the low low price of only $24.95 ;) )

Upvote 0