• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Page on German weapons (some strange)

I want the MP41 and the C96 back:)

That MP44 with the bent barrel is awesome lol, the one in
the picture was the type they would give to a tank commander
in case infantry was on their heels :D

And the cool thing about those barrel modifications is that sometimes
when the bullet hit the bend, it would brake and turn into a flak gun lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Officer_Dufus said:
Perhaps it would be neat to add the FG42 and implement the German paratroopers.......would be fitting on a map like Berlin eh?
Para's would be nice, but the FG-42 was not widely used. Aprox 2000 FG-42-1's and aprox. 5000 FG-42-2's. Plus it was not effective in auto because of the low weight. Fired the same ammo as the superior StG-44
click

In the original form, also known as FG-42 1st model or FG-42-1, no more than 2,000 rifles in 1st modification were delivered. It soon became apparent that the lightweight rifle lacked the necessary strength to handle powerful rifle ammunition in full automatic mode. Manufacturing cost was too expensive as well. By early 1944 a redesigned FG-42, the so called 2nd model attempted to address these shortcomings. Being heavier and slightly longer, the FG-42-2 was still too light to be effectively fired in full auto, even from integral bipod, and still too expensive, especially compared to the contemporary Stg.44 assault rifle. Before the end of war about 5,000 2nd model FG-42 rifles were produced. Both models are highly prized. The FG-42 served as a basis for the American M60 machine gun.

Upvote 0
Rrralphster said:
Fired the same ammo as the superior StG-44
Except it didn't.

From the very link you posted, emphasis mine:

The German Army was quite reluctant about feasibility of the selective-fire full power rifle and supported intermediate 7.92x33 Kurtz cartridge later used in the Stg.44 assault rifle. But the Luftwaffe insisted on the full-power weapon.

[edit]Wow, and reading over that site, most of their FG-42 article is (marginally cleaned-up) direct copy from world.guns.ru, right down to some of the grammatical quirks.

Upvote 0
Moe_Rahn said:
Except it didn't.

From the very link you posted, emphasis mine:

[edit]Wow, and reading over that site, most of their FG-42 article is (marginally cleaned-up) direct copy from world.guns.ru, right down to some of the grammatical quirks.
You are right about the ammo. It fired the 7.92 x 57.

Question remains if it would be a weapon that fits in the RO way of thinking in that it offers widely/commonly used weapons. I wouldn't call a total of 7000 units common though.

I don't see the similarities in both articles other then they are both pretty accurate. Maybe they got the info from the same source :D

Upvote 0
weapons that can bee added to the Germans
Browning HI power (pistol)
C-96
MP-28
MP-41
MG-15 / 17 (airforce MG used on the ground when thy removed them from the aircraft)
PzB-39 (AT rifle)
Schiessbecher (rifle granade launcher)
Geballte Ladung (the 6 nade heads, attached to one)
Eihandgranate 39 (egg nade)
Hafthohlladung (AT nade)

well i dont know much about soviets but heres a few
RGD-33 (stick nade)
RG-41 (AT nade)
RG-42 (Frag nade)
Nagant revolver

Upvote 0